Class of 2023 - OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been on this kid for a while. 247 has him at like 9th in the state, which is just absolutely absurd to me. He's clearly a top 5 in the state kind of kid and exactly the kind of NYS player we want and need. Great job by the staff on this one.
This is one heck of a get by the staff. It is fantastic to see the emphasis on the east paying off. We all realize that Cuse doesn't have the numbers that a Florida or other state has but the top 10 to 15 kids in NYS are all very good players and I'm excited that SU is going after and winning some of these battles.

Looks to be an ACC level talent.
I hope he gets a full year of playing behind Wax and Thompson.
Keeping some of the top recruits in NY state IN NEW YORK STATE can't hurt.
"we want summore..."

I have him in my top 5 for NYS. He should be in everyone's top 5 for NYS. It is a shame politics and background affect some of the people who make these lists.

Yes, he is fast, and hits hard, has a great nose for the ball, fights off blocks really well and is otherwise really technically advanced for a HS senior. But the thing that makes he really special is how strong he is for his size.

He is probably stronger than any of the LBs we have on our roster and our LB corp is one of the big in the ACC.

He is what Mikel Jones might be after his senior year of college, which is probably not going to happen because he is going to be so sought after by NFL teams after his junior season.

That strength and advanced technique will allow him, I think, to play immediately on the college level. I believe he would help us from day 1 at MIKE, WILL or DE.

We rarely get players like this at Syracuse.

The other nice thing here is that ZMG attends Iona Prep, one of the best programs in the state.

Ellis Robinson IV is from Iona Prep. He is a HS AA level CB who I have rated as the best player in the state for the class of 2024. So is Jaylin Hicks, another class of 2024 player who plays DT. I have him rated as the 6th best player in the state for that class. Both have Syracuse offers.

And if you look at the class of 2025, I have Rowan Byrne as the top player in NYS in that class. He is a DT, has a Syracuse offer and is another Iona Prep guy.

As is ATH Terron Johnson, who is already one of the fastest players in the state. I have him ranked as the 6th best prospect from NYS in the class of 2025.

So that is 5 top 10 players in the next 3 classes of players from the state. Let's hope ZMG is as good recruiting as he is tackling ball carriers.

Alternative facts.

White's happy we got a commit from NY.
Way to go staff we got ZMG!

# ZYIAN MOULTRIE - GODDARD 2023 IONA PREP, NEW ROCHELLE, NY
6' 2" 245, // AS JR. 104 TCKLS, 25 TFL, 4.5 SCKS, 302 YDS R, 7.4 YPC, 9TD
BP 335 PR, SQ 475 PR///// NYCHSFL DEFENSIVE POY 2022

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM & MEDIA:
TREMENDOUSLY GIFTED ATHLETE/FOOTBALL PLAYER
SIZE
SPEED EST 4.5 HIGH 40
VERY FAST FIRST STEP
HITS VERY, VERY HARD
VERY STRONG
THROWS RBS & QBS TO THE GROUND IN THE BACKFIELD
THEY USE HIM AS A BACK OCCASIONALLY, SEE ABOVE
VERY AGILE & BALANCED
DESTROYS PLAYS BEFORE THE HANDOFF IS MADE.

WILL BE A GREAT LB FOR WHOEVER HE COMMITS TO AND BY NEXT YEAR WILL HAVE, IMHO, AN OFFER LIST DOUBLE OR MORE THAN IT IS NOW UNLESS HE COMMITS TO US IN JUNE.
HOPE HE COMMITS TO US!
MUST BE SMART LOOKING AT HIS OFFERS

ZYIAN IS # 4 ON TOMCATS LIST OF THE TOP PROSPECTS IN NYS AND HAS SCHEDULED AN OFFICIAL VISIT FOR JUNE 17. I THINK HE"S GOING TO COMMIT AFTER THE VISIT
OFFERS: SU, AIR FORCE, ARMY, NAVY, TEMPLE, DARTMOUTH, UMASS, BUFFALO, TOWSON, COLUMBIA, URI, WVA, AZST, WF, UCONN, TN, LAFAYETTE, RU, MIAMI OH,

GREAT NEWS. Zyian is a NFL sized player now very strong player who hits very hard

We are developing a new pipeline for the TOP NYS PLAYERS.

The "swag daddy" as lead recruiter and Tony have pulled in a great get.

Of tomcat's TOP 10 BEST for 2023 we have commits from #4 Goddard, #6 Rashard Perry, and #9 David Clement. It would be great if we could land #10 Zion Tracy, #11Miles McGoy and # 13 Jalil Smith.

If you read the article, will be very impressed with the head on his shoulders.
Not only does he value education ("I felt like Syracuse, say I didn't go to the NFL, I felt I could do more with a degree from Syracuse than I could at West Virginia"), his highlights are unreal. Instinctual, flies to the ball, smooth athlete who glides through blocks and brings the house. Solid P5 offer list, but at 240 he could be a matchup nightmare in White's defense. Here's hoping he starts an SU run at Iona Prep.

Last edited:
Welcome Zyian,

1648322244970-png.215945

Edit - Another NY recruit with outstanding hair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.