on howard | Syracusefan.com

on howard

absolute disgrace. they stop at half court and watch the final play, white dude on nd hustles his butt off and gets the rebound and easy layup for the win.

dolezaj always hustles? yea ok.

that was 1 of the worst plays ive ever seen watching cuse hoops. for 2 guys to literally quit on a play with 5 seconds left while the opponent hustles and wins the game is inexcusable.

hello nit

There's no way I'm putting this on Frank.

OB was 3-15 from the floor. His anemic offense game after game after game is killing us. Marek and Moyer were 0-4 combined. Our rebounding was incomprehensibly bad by our big men.
OB constantly passed up open foul line shots to drive into defenders and throw up off balance shots. Head scratching

I would sit the entire team in the film room and put that last sequence on loop for TWO HOURS. I would say that a single player that looks away ONCE will not play the remainder of the year. I would sit next to the TV with the lights off and watch each player , one by one and shoot Howard and Dolaji alternating daggers the entire time. After the loop I would leave the room without a word and go home.

The next practice I lose my ish screaming about effort and attitude for two hours. I then leave and go home.

The next practice I act like nothing happened and move on. If I see a lack of effort ever again I bench the player for the remainder of the season and play walkons. This season is toast either way with ish like this

Last edited:
I would sit the entire team in the film room and put that last sequence on loop for TWO HOURS. I would say that a single player that looks away ONCE will not play the remainder of the year. I would sit next to the TV with the lights off and watch each player , one by one. After the loop I would leave the room and go home.

Criminals shouldn't be forced to watch this game, thats how bad it was. It should be torture.

OB was 3-15 from the floor. His anemic offense game after game after game is killing us. Marek and Moyer were 0-4 combined. Our rebounding was incomprehensibly bad by our big men.
Agreed. You can't pin this on Frank, even though he didn't play particularly well. Bottom line is: This is who they are. Offensively challenged, very young, and not deep. Unfortunately, those traits likely won't translate into a lot of W's in the ACC.

Still, no hustle on that last play at all. Discouraging.

40, 40 and 39.

Minutes for Battle, Frank and Oshae.

Not sustainable. These guys will never be able to finish a game strong.
It is what it is. Thorpe loss is hurting if for no other reason than JB wont play HW so TB and FH have to play the whole game

Kinda hard for me to blame Brissett for missing a shot 15 minutes ago. If he makes one more of his attempts during the course of the game, it doesn't decide the game because the game adjusts around/after that.

Marek and Frank not hustling on the last basket of the game, that's critical.

Lots of reasons, overall, for the loss, but only one was entirely inexcusable. Missing shots—that is the game, and errors of commission are more forgivable than errors of omission.

Missing shots is one thing, jogging back on defense and watching as their guy gets the game winning hoop simply by running hard is another.

Some players have it and some don’t. A player that would do that simply doesn’t have it. There’s no situational awareness. See dribbling in the middle of the court and getting it knocked away yet again for another example. See shooting the half courter a dribble too early.

I don’t think he intended to “give up” or “quit” or be lazy on the play, I think he simply lacks b-ball IQ/awareness and got caught in the moment watching.

I think his mental toughness has come a long way but you could just tell down the stretch he was losing his collectiveness. With Franks below average handles for a "PG" he really struggles to break down any type of pressure defense and in tight games that's all you're going to get, Jalen Carey can't get here soon enough and hopefully our transition game can pick up our half court offense.

I'm not blaming the players.

Our offense is simple to defend, to put it mildly.

JB is running Battle, Frank and Oshae into the ground. I'll be shocked if one of them doesn't end up with an injury soon.

On that last play, he gave up. I'm one of the bigger Frank apologists on this board, and I'm pissed at him for that ending. And the charge again.

It's as if you can't make mention of a guy not hustling on a critical play because other guys missed a lot of shots.

Not sure if that's before or after the section about not mentioning refs in the bylaws because there are players to blame. I'll have to re-read them.

Without Frank this year, it's a "not 10 GD wins" type year. But that doesn't excuse allowing an easy putback like that. And I'm sure Boeheim has let him know that.

Missing shots is one thing, jogging back on defense and watching as their guy gets the game winning hoop simply by running hard is another.

Some players have it and some don’t. A player that would do that simply doesn’t have it. There’s no situational awareness. See dribbling in the middle of the court and getting it knocked away yet again for another example. See shooting the half courter a dribble too early.

I don’t think he intended to “give up” or “quit” or be lazy on the play, I think he simply lacks b-ball IQ/awareness and got caught in the moment watching.
Exactly, spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom