One of the hardest parts of this season | Syracusefan.com

One of the hardest parts of this season

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
One of the hardest parts of this season is I can't get on the board when we lose.

Ultimately, this is all here for our entertainment. But it's part of my life and I love basketball, our team, our coach, and all of you punks.

When we lose, I can't take the negativity, the bitching and moaning, the hyperbolic complaints, the calls for people's jobs, bashing kids who want to win more than you do giving it their all, etc. Just can't do it. I get this is how some vent and everyone is different. But in my mind we're still going to turn this season around. And if we don't, there's a billion people in China who don't even know what a Boeheim is.

The hardest part of the season is my inevitable self ban until the heat from a loss is over. Even in wins this year, the negativity from others isn't giving me joy, it's sucking it from me.

Realistic or not, call me a polyanna, I honestly don't care. This year sucks because the board is no longer the first thing I check when I wake up or go to sleep like it has been since the 90's. And that sucks. Hopefully come March we have more to cheer for and this place lightens up. If not, I guess I'll be around until the sky starts falling in football in early September and this place becomes another cesspool of negativity.

I hope things turn around because I love Syracuse athletics. But also because I love you guys and miss this board.

On any type of message board you will get people who thrive on negativity and are never happy. It is tough to ignore them when they post the same things 10x a day and consistently demean specific players and the coach, but it is in your best interest to do so. I can imagine that if they had kids of their own who could play at such a high level they might feel quite different about the vitriolic nature of their posts. Check out the Louisville board. It’s a cesspool after their loss to Pitt. It’s not just a Syracuse thing. So continue to stay supportive and root for all of the players and coaches. I know I will and don’t let any posters ruin your day.

Do people really expect to go on a sports message board and have it be sunshine and roses all of the time? In a year like this, what do we talk about if not that the program has hit its lowest point under JB? I suppose we could wax nostalgic about the good ole days, but that makes more sense in the offseason. The China comment makes no sense. Nobody on here thinks the wins and losses of SU basketball make one bit of difference in the grand scheme of the world. But, if not for the extreme caring of the fanatics that follow the team, there would be no TV deals, no NIL, no huge coaching salaries, and no ginormous arena. If fans are supposed to care and cheer during the high times, some complaining in the low times is expected.

One of the hardest parts of this season is I can't get on the board when we lose.

Ultimately, this is all here for our entertainment. But it's part of my life and I love basketball, our team, our coach, and all of you punks.

When we lose, I can't take the negativity, the bitching and moaning, the hyperbolic complaints, the calls for people's jobs, bashing kids who want to win more than you do giving it their all, etc. Just can't do it. I get this is how some vent and everyone is different. But in my mind we're still going to turn this season around. And if we don't, there's a billion people in China who don't even know what a Boeheim is.

The hardest part of the season is my inevitable self ban until the heat from a loss is over. Even in wins this year, the negativity from others isn't giving me joy, it's sucking it from me.

Realistic or not, call me a polyanna, I honestly don't care. This year sucks because the board is no longer the first thing I check when I wake up or go to sleep like it has been since the 90's. And that sucks. Hopefully come March we have more to cheer for and this place lightens up. If not, I guess I'll be around until the sky starts falling in football in early September and this place becomes another cesspool of negativity.

I hope things turn around because I love Syracuse athletics. But also because I love you guys and miss this board.
Good thing you are not a Cowboys fan this morning but it is amazing how wrapped up fans get over their team's trials and tribulations. I'm in the same boat as you and hope for some small victories this season to build upon.

You said it yourself— stay off it then. Seems fair and reasonable enough to me. Sure, some stuff gets too much but I think there’s actually been some good conversation despite the record and shake-your-head losses. If you disagree, all good.

You said it yourself— stay off it then. Seems fair and reasonable enough to me. Sure, some stuff gets too much but I think there’s actually been some good conversation despite the record and shake-your-head losses. If you disagree, all good.
I think beyond saying some kids play too many minutes which isnt mean the players are left alone. The joke by 2 posters isn’t said by everyone and its clearly a joke on one player.

The players don’t get the frustration that is directed at the HC. Whom is paid.

The kids are good kids they don’t get the negativity.

Jim Boeheim has no problem airing his grievances. He doesn’t have a filter. He can take it.

I do. And that's the point. It's sad. I don't expect everyone to be puppydog tails and roses, but unbridled negativity isn't heathy. At least for me, and I've been a part of this board since nearly it's inception and it's never been worse than it is today.

Whatever your choice is, all good. I’d say the ire is directed at JB most times and then what we can do to field a more competitive team.

Kids seem like good kids. JB is the one that put them in this position. I don’t think my take, for example, that four of our five starters area terrible defenders is a personal attack. Or that Joe would do better off ball. Or that Buddy and Jimmy have way too much of a green light.

I will say something about these type of posts, does JB consistently throwing kids under the bus in the media not bother you? Because that is a much, much larger issue for me than anything on this board. Last year and this year, in particular.

Hope you come back to posting more. Do what you need to.

I don't know, depends how you take things. Immediately after the game Saturday was one of the funniest times on the board in recent years. That kind of response isn't for everyone, and that's ok. We're in an unprecedented situation as fans together.

I don't know, depends how you take things. Immediately after the game Saturday was one of the funniest times on the board in recent years. That kind of response isn't for everyone, and that's ok. We're in an unprecedented situation as fans together.

Because of a once-a-century pandemic or potentially not getting to .500?

Good thing you are not a Cowboys fan this morning but it is amazing how wrapped up fans get over their team's trials and tribulations. I'm in the same boat as you and hope for some small victories this season to build upon.

Meh been numb for years as a Cowboys fan. You just expect they flame out.

I do. And that's the point. It's sad. I don't expect everyone to be puppydog tails and roses, but unbridled negativity isn't heathy. At least for me, and I've been a part of this board since nearly it's inception and it's never been worse than it is today.
Puppy dog tails knock things over all the time and roses just die and stop all their petals. Have you smelled a dozen rotted roses? Ugh, the stench.

I hear this all day long. First year myself I've tacked on and joined the dark side. Almost 20 years on the different boards and finally caved.

I will say that its amplified right now because of the pandemic. When you are cramped up and have lost almost 10 people within 24 months or whatever everyone's number is as this pandemic his hit us all, the negativity is everywhere while trying to find a light or escape. SU hoops has always been that light and now it just isn't. The combination can knock the positivity out of the best of us.

Actually, this place has largely remained extremely civil after losses because most here realize this team has extreme limitations. Most of us are beyond the anger stage, and have reached the apathy stage.

We’re all just waiting for something exciting and hopeful to discuss about Syracuse basketball again, but most of us are realizing it may take quite a while for that to happen. At the end of the day, HOPE is really what drives us as fans. We don’t see a lot of hope in this version of Syracuse basketball, so we’re all looking for hope in some future version.

Was thinking more the .500 thing.

Doesn’t help they are coinciding.

Btw, years ago, my ex-wife (wife at the time) realized how much time I spent on this site and realized when I’d be “on the board” and would just laugh and roll her eyes.

When you start complaining about some random person’s web site handle comment about the zone, prob not the greatest matrimonial moment.

“The board” was legit how she referred to it. But that’s still how I refer to it today.

... it's never been worse than it is today.
That makes sense, doesn't it? It's the worst season we've had in about 50 years and is part of a lengthy down period. It's normal for the mood of a sports forum to reflect the status of the program.

Doesn’t help they are coinciding.

Btw, years ago, my ex-wife (wife at the time) realized how much time I spent on this site and realized when I’d be “on the board” and would just laugh and roll her eyes.

When you start complaining about some random person’s web site handle comment about the zone, prob not the greatest matrimonial moment.

“The board” was legit how she referred to it. But that’s still how I refer to it today.
I use the same phrase.

Actually, this place has largely remained extremely civil after losses because most here realize this team has extreme limitations. Most of us are beyond the anger stage, and have reached the apathy stage.

We’re all just waiting for something exciting and hopeful to discuss about Syracuse basketball again, but most of us are realizing it may take quite a while for that to happen. At the end of the day, HOPE is really what drives us as fans. We don’t see a lot of hope in this version of Syracuse basketball, so we’re all looking for hope in some future version.
There's ample reasons for hope with this team. They are losing 1 possession games against teams who will likely be in the NCAAT. Jesse has become a huge force and can and will do more. Symir is growing more and more confident and could be an X factor that gets them over the hump. Benny is working hard and is getting hungry as a wolf, he will be factor, soon, I believe. The schedule is also easier going forward than the first half of the season.

I’ve been on both sides of this thing: times where I can’t deal w/ the negativity after a loss, and others where my frustration boils over after a game…like Saturday’s, and I have to vent.
I’ve never to my recollection ever attacked the players, but JB is fair game, IMO.
I’ve defended him when I felt an attack was inappropriate by some, and agreed when i felt one was justified.
Being on this forum, and I’ve seen several iterations of this thing going back to the 90’s, is a little like being Michael Corleone in The Godfather: “Just when i think I’m out, they pull me back in”!
I guess that’s what true love is all about- sometimes you just can’t let go!

I’ve been on both sides of this thing: times where I can’t deal w/ the negativity after a loss, and others where my frustration boils over after a game…like Saturday’s, and I have to vent.
I’ve never to my recollection ever attacked the players, but JB is fair game, IMO.
I’ve defended him when I felt an attack was inappropriate by some, and agreed when i felt one was justified.
Being on this forum, and I’ve seen several iterations of this thing going back to the 90’s, is a little like being Michael Corleone in The Godfather: “Just when i think I’m out, they pull me back in”!
I guess that’s what true love is all about- sometimes you just can’t let go!
This pretty much sums up my feelings. This site is my "pub", so to speak. Sometimes I need to hang out with others for support and other times you "guys" are the last people I want to see after a disappointing loss that I just want to move on from.

Oh, and sarcastic humor is how I deal with things.

hqdefault.jpg

I am both a "Cuse and Cowboys fan. Hard times but I'll get through it.

This has been a weird season because we play well enough in the first half nearly every game that you think we 'should' win but if you are objective I don't think any of these games you can really claim that we have a superior roster/talent to our competition.

I think the school and coach can announce next year as JBs final season with a national coaching search to follow and there will be zero negativity the rest of his tenure if they do the right and professional thing. I can't imagine JB really wants to coach the team the year after his kids leave anyway. The assistants have no shot at making us a top 10 blue blood power and are likely to turn us into Pitt or BC everyone who takes a paycheck in the program deep down knows this.

Next years team has a chance to be very good I think you just need to move Swider to the bench and get someone tougher to play against and we should be MUCH improved.

Boeheim kids are good for 35 per night JB honestly needs to focus on that and filling out the team appropriately. Edwards will improve. Just reduce Girard and Swiders roles and the team will immediately become balanced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom