One of the hardest parts of this season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One of the hardest parts of this season

I do. And that's the point. It's sad. I don't expect everyone to be puppydog tails and roses, but unbridled negativity isn't heathy. At least for me, and I've been a part of this board since nearly it's inception and it's never been worse than it is today.
I’m sure it’s been worse.

I think beyond saying some kids play too many minutes which isnt mean the players are left alone. The joke by 2 posters isn’t said by everyone and its clearly a joke on one player.

The players don’t get the frustration that is directed at the HC. Whom is paid.

The kids are good kids they don’t get the negativity.

Jim Boeheim has no problem airing his grievances. He doesn’t have a filter. He can take it.
I highly doubt Jb cares what anyone on this board thinks so I don't feel bad being critical of him esp since we have nothing but throw bouquets of roses at him for 30 years. I think as for the players as long as you keep it to on court performance it's fair.

One of the hardest parts of this season is I can't get on the board when we lose.

Ultimately, this is all here for our entertainment. But it's part of my life and I love basketball, our team, our coach, and all of you punks.

When we lose, I can't take the negativity, the bitching and moaning, the hyperbolic complaints, the calls for people's jobs, bashing kids who want to win more than you do giving it their all, etc. Just can't do it. I get this is how some vent and everyone is different. But in my mind we're still going to turn this season around. And if we don't, there's a billion people in China who don't even know what a Boeheim is.

The hardest part of the season is my inevitable self ban until the heat from a loss is over. Even in wins this year, the negativity from others isn't giving me joy, it's sucking it from me.

Realistic or not, call me a polyanna, I honestly don't care. This year sucks because the board is no longer the first thing I check when I wake up or go to sleep like it has been since the 90's. And that sucks. Hopefully come March we have more to cheer for and this place lightens up. If not, I guess I'll be around until the sky starts falling in football in early September and this place becomes another cesspool of negativity.

I hope things turn around because I love Syracuse athletics. But also because I love you guys and miss this board.
The comment that stung me the most was the poster who said now that they are paid like professionals it's open season and he is justified in open criticism. I just cannot fathom that level of frustration with and toward these young men who work very hard and entertain us. Gets an old man like me feel passion and young again. I would care if they went 0 and 31 but I would root for and defend them against some of our posters whom I feel could be labeled as cyber bullies.

The comment that stung me the most was the poster who said now that they are paid like professionals it's open season and he is justified in open criticism. I just cannot fathom that level of frustration with and toward these young men who work very hard and entertain us. Gets an old man like me feel passion and young again. I would care if they went 0 and 31 but I would root for and defend them against some of our posters whom I feel could be labeled as cyber bullies.
This is a sports forum people come here to discuss sports. As long as you don't attack these kids on social media and keep it to bball I think it's fair. This comes with the territory with being a big time d1 athlete.

I will say something about these type of posts, does JB consistently throwing kids under the bus in the media not bother you? Because that is a much, much larger issue for me than anything on this board. Last year and this year, in particular.

Hope you come back to posting more. Do what you need to.

Right on.

Speaking of Boeheim critics, whatever happened to the guy who always claimed he knew everything about basketball, and particularly SU basketball. I think he coined the 2-3 zone as the 'tavern league defense." He also insisted JB would never win an NC.

Speaking of Boeheim critics, whatever happened to the guy who always claimed he knew everything about basketball, and particularly SU basketball. I think he coined the 2-3 zone as the 'tavern league defense." He also insisted JB would never win an NC.

I believe you are referring to “igor”. I believe he has passed, sadly.

This has been a weird season because we play well enough in the first half nearly every game that you think we 'should' win but if you are objective I don't think any of these games you can really claim that we have a superior roster/talent to our competition.

I think the school and coach can announce next year as JBs final season with a national coaching search to follow and there will be zero negativity the rest of his tenure if they do the right and professional thing. I can't imagine JB really wants to coach the team the year after his kids leave anyway. The assistants have no shot at making us a top 10 blue blood power and are likely to turn us into Pitt or BC everyone who takes a paycheck in the program deep down knows this.

Next years team has a chance to be very good I think you just need to move Swider to the bench and get someone tougher to play against and we should be MUCH improved.

Boeheim kids are good for 35 per night JB honestly needs to focus on that and filling out the team appropriately. Edwards will improve. Just reduce Girard and Swiders roles and the team will immediately become balanced.
Well next year should be interesting if everyone returns and all our recruits show up. The odds on all that happening is slim, but I guess it would give JAB many options in what could be his last year of coaching.

we still have the pee troughs and glory holes - all hope is not lost.

I do. And that's the point. It's sad. I don't expect everyone to be puppydog tails and roses, but unbridled negativity isn't heathy. At least for me, and I've been a part of this board since nearly it's inception and it's never been worse than it is today.
I think I feel the same way you do. The problem is that you and I enjoy the board almost as much as we enjoy the games, amirite? Since I found the board my pleasure in the game increased by 2.

The problem for me is that we are having a terrible season. The board has never been worse because the team has never been worse. So I don’t come here, don’t read all the threads, etc. Seldom post. I am not complaining about the board. Just stating that this is a double whammy loss for me.

We are living through unprecedented times in the world and in our program. Hoping for the latter to mitigate the former, but it hasn’t turned out that way. :(

I get negativity isn't great and I'm sorry that you get down by that, but isn't that still better than apathy?

Well next year should be interesting if everyone returns and all our recruits show up. The odds on all that happening is slim, but I guess it would give JAB many options in what could be his last year of coaching.
I’ll put a hundred down right now that there is zero chance all 5 recruits make it to SU next year.

Jim don’t need no stinkin options

Igor wasn’t always wrong, but he was always annoying. He was an OG troll that today’s trolls can only aspire to one day become. He played the long game too. His stance and opinions went on for years and years.

RIP StudIgor
I wasn't aware Igor passed away. Very sorry to hear. I remember the first year the IGGY AWARDS were presented, and he was a little offended by it but after a year or two he warmed up to the recognition. However, true to his form, he never gave a prediction on anything. Fourteen years later they are still going strong, although this year there might not be any winners in some of the categories.

33-337712_basketball-trophy-png-library-championship-trophy-nba.png

I’ll put a hundred down right now that there is zero chance all 5 recruits make it to SU next year.
I bet they do, I’ll also bet that at the maxim only two of them make it to year two.

A message board is for fans to discuss sports. Personally, I think a lot more negativity about our players comes from the coach than it does from the posters on this forum, who, IMHO, are fair observers who simply dont sugar coat.

A sub 500 season has been brewing for quite some time... it's no surprise that is where we are at at this juncture. You could argue we should be ready for this.

There will be critiques and H0T Takes.

Best thing to do on the numerous tough losses?? Don't take them too seriously.

Take the "Oh Well" approach and don't let them ruin your day/weekend. The same goes for the negativity of the board.

There will be time to be more engaged and less apathetic with the program when there is reason to be.

Until that time, water off a duck's back... That's what I am trying to do, anyways.

IMO the negativity gets ramped up by the complete lack of accountability. When you hold the fanbase hostage they will lash out more. At the very least the assistant coaches should have been fired years ago given the lack of coaching and recruiting. If JB wants to stay on forever then fine, but he has lost the right to pick his assistants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom