Only 26 K For NCarolina | Syracusefan.com

Only 26 K For NCarolina

20Plus

Where do we begin this is going to feel weird in there . OK I need the idiots in the media say this is disappointing and disheartening

20Plus said:
Where do we begin this is going to feel weird in there . OK I need the idiots in the media say this is disappointing and disheartening

Its 8pm game and we are 0-3 in conference. Not exactly an attractive game

Its 8pm game and we are 0-3 in conference. Not exactly an attractive game
The late start time is actually a huge positive for getting walkup sales.

pearl31 said:
I get the 0-3 part - but is 8:00 on Saturday night really a deterrent?? I don't know, that seems like an almost ideal day/time :noidea:

Im getting old and i hate going out in the cold. Especially since i dont own a real coat

I get the 0-3 part - but is 8:00 on Saturday night really a deterrent?? I don't know, that seems like an almost ideal day/time :noidea:

I imagine the folks who drive in from Albany and Buffalo might be held back by the late start. That's just a guess though.

Fans in this town will come up with any excuse to not go to games if your a fan and you don't go to all the games that is one thing but to me if you're picking a game this is the game you pick

Fans in this town will come up with any excuse to not go to games if your a fan and you don't go to all the games that is one thing but to me if you're picking a game this is the game you pick

....We're first or second in attendance every year.

SU First World Problems :rolleyes:

26,000 is still more than 99.5% of all Div. 1 teams will ever see at a home game.

This is like Michigan football fans complaining when they only fill 90,000 of their 108,000 stadium.
Look at the percentage decline
We had 17 k for a conference game so it's half empty and actually three quarters empty in that place

Steelers vs Bengals is a competitive NFL playoff game at the same time. While I think su keeps it close until half then the flood gates open.

No students and most people think we're going to get rocked.

I guess I'll keep beating this drum, because I still think that it's pathetic that the university can't come up with a better solution to students not being in school than just selling student tix to the general public for a premium price. Such a shameless cash grab that is detrimental to the Dome atmosphere. Not that any of that surprises me though.

I guess I'll keep beating this drum, because I still think that it's pathetic that the university can't come up with a better solution to students not being in school than just selling student tix to the general public for a premium price. Such a shameless cash grab that is detrimental to the Dome atmosphere. Not that any of that surprises me though.
What is the school supposed to do? Fly the students back from NYC, Chicago, LA, etc ... for a game... and then fly them home again?
The school did not schedule UNC for when the students were on break. ESPN did.

What is the school supposed to do? Fly the students back from NYC, Chicago, LA, etc ... for a game... and then fly them home again?
The school did not schedule UNC for when the students were on break. ESPN did.

Other schools have figured out something to do. Why did Pitt have their normal student section filled for our game against them? How come in every other game that I have watched on ESPN this week, the student sections actually have students in them? It's a cop out (see cash grab) on the university's part and a lame excuse to say that school isn't in session, so where are we going to find these students?

How hard would it be to set aside 500-1,000 tickets and offer them at a discounted rate ($20) for all SU students who are local or who are able to make the game and for any college student home in the CNY area for break with a valid college ID? But no, the university would rather hide behind the student break excuse and sell their tickets to the public for $100 a pop.

SU First World Problems :rolleyes:

26,000 is still more than 99.5% of all Div. 1 teams will ever see at a home game.

This is like Michigan football fans complaining when they only fill 90,000 of their 108,000 stadium.

FYI 100% of other schools home games.

But Michigan doesn't get 90k when FSU comes to the big house (I picked a big team non rival)

Other schools have figured out something to do. Why did Pitt have their normal student section filled for our game against them? How come in every other game that I have watched on ESPN this week, the student sections actually have students in them? It's a cop out (see cash grab) on the university's part and a lame excuse to say that school isn't in session, so where are we going to find these students?

How hard would it be to set aside 500-1,000 tickets and offer them at a discounted rate ($20) for all SU students who are local or who are able to make the game and for any college student home in the CNY area for break with a valid college ID? But no, the university would rather hide behind the student break excuse and sell their tickets to the public for $100 a pop.
I don't see why students should not have first dibs on the student section seats for a discounted price for all games when school is not in session. I totally agree with you here. Pitt figured it out and so should SU.

Ozcuse said:
SU First World Problems :rolleyes: 26,000 is still more than 99.5% of all Div. 1 teams will ever see at a home game. This is like Michigan football fans complaining when they only fill 90,000 of their 108,000 stadium.
But that is due to arena size limitations, not fan (dis)interest. In the 80s, we would get 20k for December cupcakes.

Most of our kids live hours away from campus. My guess is Pitt's kids for instance aren't more than an hour away and want to get outta their parent's basements for a night in January.

Same reason so many of our potential major donors aren't properly cultivated - they live far away from SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom