Onondaga County Planning Board Minutes - Football Operations Center | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Onondaga County Planning Board Minutes - Football Operations Center

This locker room hasn’t helped Texas win many games.
Nope. But it sure is fancy. I'd argue that player relationships with coaches, and the skill of the those coaches is THE most important asset. Thats not purchased. (Or at least you can't touch it)

Cincinnati recruited "poorly" but are a fantastic story. I have no knowledge of the facilities, but it "ain't " that.

Good facilities are nice when competing with other respected/ accomplished coaches, though. Some kids are drawn to bright lights and shiny things.

I certainly hope that changes. Seems the norm now.

I particularly like the Texas locker room. Sure. It looks like a store with a limitless selection of beer in fancy coolers. Has some nice end cap displays. (See what I did there? Lol) I like it. Even has a finished ceiling which is nice. Love that orange lighting.

View attachment 212429
It looks like the charging bays for the death troopers in Mando. No accounting for taste, I guess.

I would like to see an overlay showing the footprint of the prosed facilities compared to the footprint of our current facilities

Does anyone know if such exists?
1641855071971.jpeg

I would like to see an overlay showing the footprint of the prosed facilities compared to the footprint of our current facilities

Does anyone know if such exists?
Yes, there are several in the plans submitted to the city (see OE’s post just above yours).

I think this one is probably the best, as it shows the two proposed additions, as well as another addition (C) that i think will be added in a yet to be announced phase, as well as a large stand alone building close to the IPF (K). Addition C is a new academic wing. My guess is that building K will be the new weight room. But that is only a guess.

The image, even with all extraneous parts cut out, is too large to load on the web site. Trying to use iCloud to share it. I can see it but I am not sure anyone else can. Hope so.

how many years will this take?
The facilities war has been going on for what, 30 years? Probably more than 120 years.

Syracuse just took an extended breather. I think we are in for the long haul now.

Yes, there are several in the plans submitted to the city (see OE’s post just above yours).

I think this one is probably the best, as it shows the two proposed additions, as well as another addition (C) that i think will be added in a yet to be announced phase, as well as a large stand alone building close to the IPF (K). Addition C is a new academic wing. My guess is that building K will be the new weight room. But that is only a guess.

The image, even with all extraneous parts cut out, is too large to load on the web site. Trying to use iCloud to share it. I can see it but I am not sure anyone else can. Hope so.

I was able to see it. Thanks.

Works for me, thanks!

What is Manley Fieldhouse used for, now that the IPF is in use?

I think there might be more than one "yet to be announced" phase. My understanding is that there are big plans for Manley.

I think there might be more than one "yet to be announced" phase. My understanding is that there are big plans for Manley.
I agree. The next few years could be exciting ones for the football program.

"In its proposal, Syracuse would remove several existing signs and monuments, including the Joseph and Shawn Lampe Athletics Complex monument at the corner of Comstock and Colvin streets, the Roy D. Simmons Sr. Coaches Center sign adjacent to the Melo Center and the monument with the inscribed names of past Syracuse University football captains outside the current entrance."

So much for respecting the past.

IMO, this is so insulting not only to the Lampe family, but especially the Manley family. At least Simmie has a statue.

I think K is a placeholder included to get a little more space approved. It was also included in the 2013 permitting process for the indoor practice field.

"In its proposal, Syracuse would remove several existing signs and monuments, including the Joseph and Shawn Lampe Athletics Complex monument at the corner of Comstock and Colvin streets, the Roy D. Simmons Sr. Coaches Center sign adjacent to the Melo Center and the monument with the inscribed names of past Syracuse University football captains outside the current entrance."

IMO, this is so insulting not only to the Lampe family, but especially the Manley family. At least Simmie has a statue.

Agreed.

And (ducks the inevitable over-the-top emotional responses), it's unfortunate that those donors with their tastefully-scaled signs will be replaced by another gross highway-sized billboard slapped onto the side of the building.

Archbold, Crouse, Carnegie, and so on - all these people donated for lovely buildings and attached their names in an appropriate, understated way. Now for some reason a gift comes with the right to put up five-foot tall letters that shout at everyone from 200 meters away. Not exactly the same aesthetic.

How do we know it won't be reinstalled somewhere? Maybe even inside? Maybe they have something grander planned?

I'd wait until the process is done.

I think K is a placeholder included to get a little more space approved. It was also included in the 2013 permitting process for the indoor practice field.
I will buy that. I will say though that I believe the soccer teams currently use the IPF as their locker room.

Thinking about it now, I am wondering if this could be a placeholder for a building devoted to soccer? I think their practice field is adjacent to it and it is convenient to the soccer stadium.

Guessing football is not thrilled with them using the IPF as a game day locker room for the home and away soccer teams and the soccer programs could really use a nice set of locker rooms, with some space for storage, meeting rooms, offices and perhaps some training areas.

Looks like Clemson has something like this...

and UNC

and FSU

Interested in hearing more about the field house Gary Gait is apparently working hard to get built for men and women's lacrosse. Where is the world is there space to build that? Up on Skytop?

I will buy that. I will say though that I believe the soccer teams currently use the IPF as their locker room.

Thinking about it now, I am wondering if this could be a placeholder for a building devoted to soccer? I think their practice field is adjacent to it and it is convenient to the soccer stadium.

Guessing football is not thrilled with them using the IPF as a game day locker room for the home and away soccer teams and the soccer programs could really use a nice set of locker rooms, with some space for storage, meeting rooms, offices and perhaps some training areas.

Looks like Clemson has something like this...

and UNC

and FSU

Interested in hearing more about the field house Gary Gait is apparently working hard to get built for men and women's lacrosse. Where is the world is there space to build that? Up on Skytop?

To the last question, I haven't heard anything but my guess would be Skytop. Not only is there room, and it's where they relocated the outdoor track and throwing area, but there's a lot of uncertainty as to what South Campus can be used for as housing units are moved from there to north of campus. Athletics is an obvious answer.

To the first, remember in the middle of the decade when there were plans to improve the soccer facility? More seating, etc.? It'd be nice to see that revisited. I don't believe attendance is now where it was then, but you're right that the teams could use somewhat nicer accommodations in a new building north of the stadium. For now, though, I just think campus design and planning is just fiddling with FAR numbers for the review process.

To the last question, I haven't heard anything but my guess would be Skytop. Not only is there room, and it's where they relocated the outdoor track and throwing area, but there's a lot of uncertainty as to what South Campus can be used for as housing units are moved from there to north of campus. Athletics is an obvious answer.

To the first, remember in the middle of the decade when there were plans to improve the soccer facility? More seating, etc.? It'd be nice to see that revisited. I don't believe attendance is now where it was then, but you're right that the teams could use somewhat nicer accommodations in a new building north of the stadium. For now, though, I just think campus design and planning is just fiddling with FAR numbers for the review process.
It would be a wonderful opportunity for Syracuse and Onondaga County to build an indoor lacrosse facility with 5000 seats up at Skytop

It would be a wonderful opportunity for Syracuse and Onondaga County to build an indoor lacrosse facility with 5000 seats up at Skytop

You think that's where the demand's sitting - 5,000 seats and not in the Dome?

I gotta plead ignorance on this one, but I personally really prefer the Dome to most venues for most sports.