Onside kick | Syracusefan.com

Onside kick

it was dumb. LSU recovers, and all they need is about 30 yds to kick a FG to make it 31-26, meaning, If we had kicked off, and stopped them, all we would need is a fg to win. Dumb.

In your scenario you assume we stop them on D by kicking deep but give up yardage when not. Why?

Riley's dropped TD is much bigger than the onside kick, but I would have liked to see him kick it deep and let the defense earn a true shot to get them off the field. Deflating because Syracuse lost it more than LSU won.

It was idiotic. It was so bad that you couldn't even tell that it was an onside kick.

Typical Syracuse. Finds the cure for cancer but leaves it on the bus.

Horrible call. D was playing lights out lost the game. We kick deep they turtle. We win. Lost momentum. Total cluster. Absolutely a horrible call. Guess what. Dino didnt call it. Yep he did not call it. Messed up sideline call.

Appreciate the aggression but not warranted there. Shifts pressure from their offense to our defense. The way Dino lit into Lustig tells me he wished he could have that one back. Games don't come down to one play and we made too many other mistakes to chalk that loss up to a bad ST decision/execution. The fact i take no moral victory from that loss gives me hope.

In your scenario you assume we stop them on D by kicking deep but give up yardage when not. Why?

At minimum they have flipped field position when they gain the extra yards by failing onside kick. Yes it comes down to stops, but if you were to ask LSU if they would rather have the ball at the 20 or the 45, what do they answer with?

Part of this is the execution was so Poor, it makes the decision seem worse.

Exactly, Skurey.

Although it's a low probability thing, if you do pull it off, all you need is about 20 yards to get into field goal range.

What's the alternative and what's the probability of that?

If we kick it deep we have to keep LSU from driving the ball and come up with a stop. We weren't having too much success doing that. They had a bunch of running yards in the second half.

Then we have to drive the ball from deep in our territory after an LSU punt.

This ain't the pros and Dungey isn't Tom Brady.

Tho on-sides kick was pretty smart and could have easily led to a victory. It was at least as likely a as kicking deep.

Horrible call. D was playing lights out lost the game. We kick deep they turtle. We win. Lost momentum. Total cluster. Absolutely a horrible call. Guess what. Dino didnt call it. Yep he did not call it. Messed up sideline call.
Go on..

How many yards does shookness account for?
Mindset.

Did you not see Ed Orgeron's facial expressions. Did their QB not just throw a pick. If replaced, has Etling not been beaten up all game.

They knew that a mistake ends the game because we'd be in field goal position.

They knew they couldn't give us the ball back because their defense was shot.

Having their own end zone 25 yards behind them is dramatically different than 50 yards, both for their offense and our defense.

I know, you know, that sports are very much a mental game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom