Onside kick | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Onside kick

I felt we should've gone for two. Babers probably looked at his card and saw you kick the extra point in the 3rd Quarter but it was the very end of the quarter and should've been treated as the 4th. You go for 2 in the 4th.

The onside kick was one of the dumbest coaching decisions I've ever seen. Killed our momentum and was not worth the risk. You're down two. Kick off. That was a bonehead move. Period.

I'm not second guessing. I said this on Twitter when it happened. Bad job by Dino.
I suspect that even people who didn't like the onside kick think that it's ridiculous to call it one of the dumbest coaching decisions you've ever seen

They're keeping their mouths shut because they don't want to give an inch to numeracy so you get off the hook

AGREE. Mike L. 0f 1260 sports pointed out that it was a pooch. So ... best guess is it was a POORLY EXECUTED POOCH. Designed to go OVER the front lines of LSU into NO MAN'S LAND in front and to the side of the ONE man who was back to return. GREAT PLAY if execute properly. It was not kicked FAR ENOUGH. SU HAS A CHANCE TO RECOVER if the defense fumbles around trying to pick it up AND/OR if ball takes crazy bounces. Also if recovered by LSU they still have a long field. THOUGHTS?
i think they're were trying to split the baby. get a chance at the ball but not have such bad field position.

i think they're were trying to split the baby. get a chance at the ball but not have such bad field position.

Agreed, I had no issue with the play call. I do think the intention was exactly that, it was a botched pooch. Same people bitching would be reaching for a 5 gal bucket of jergens if it worked. I do wish Dino would get more aggressive on 4th downs.

People way too worked up about it, plenty of bad execution out there that if righted we win. And again I'll take the moral victory, I'm just happy we didn't get blown out on national TV, plain and simple. It's where we are right now

AGREE. Mike L. 0f 1260 sports pointed out that it was a pooch. So ... best guess is it was a POORLY EXECUTED POOCH. Designed to go OVER the front lines of LSU into NO MAN'S LAND in front and to the side of the ONE man who was back to return. GREAT PLAY if execute properly. It was not kicked FAR ENOUGH. SU HAS A CHANCE TO RECOVER if the defense fumbles around trying to pick it up AND/OR if ball takes crazy bounces. Also if recovered by LSU they still have a long field. THOUGHTS?

Barbers was giving somebody an earful on the sideline after the kick. somebody messed up somewhere whether it was the wrong play or not executed somebody screwed up

I suspect that even people who didn't like the onside kick think that it's ridiculous to call it one of the dumbest coaching decisions you've ever seen

They're keeping their mouths shut because they don't want to give an inch to numeracy so you get off the hook

It was. We get it. You don't like kick offs or punts. Brilliant.

It wasn't an on side kick. It was a pooch kick that didn't go far enough. You can tell by how the kickoff defenders ran their lanes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom