Onside kick | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Onside kick

Kicking deep, assuming they don't have a big return, is likely to make them run more plays which gives you more chances to turn them over. If they don't move the ball you are likely to get better field position. Not a good call.
And you think the probability of turning them over is higher than success on an on sides kick?

It was a bad call, folks. I was shocked at the time. Two, three minutes, okay. Five minutes and change, bad call.

It’s not even a close call. Sorry.

It had no bearing on the outcome of the game. If we don't onside kick it, they probably just run out the clock on us.

We should probably focus on the effort that we just put forth on the road in an SEC venue.

And you think the probability of turning them over is higher than success on an on sides kick?
Absolutely. Aside from a couple big pops we stuffed them all night.

Yea, I'm gonna put the odds higher than that.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion ... but they are both very improbable. And by no means is it obvious that one is better than the other.

No, I think you trust your defense over a longer field and try to force a punt. Not banking on a turnover by any means, but more plays does means the possibility of a turnover increases.

Last edited:
Babers being roasted throughout the cfb world with onside decision and the 8+8=16.

Plus the play calling changes dramatically when your backed up, they would have been a lot more conservative.
Yeah they might've ran the ball a bunch

Wait

Give me a probability number so we can see how realistic you are being.
I'd put it at about a 65% chance we win if we kick off and put them at the 25.

I think we had a good chance to force a punt. (Execution is much more difficult at your 25 under pressure than at your 43) I think we had a great chance to score when we got the ball back.

Babers being roasted throughout the cfb world with onside decision and the 8+8=16.

Why? Either hold them or get it and a field goal (we would miss it) wins it.

Way too early to go for 2. It almost worked.

No, I think you trust your defense over a longer find to force a punt. Not banking on a turnover by any means, but more plays means the possibility of more turnovers.

There wasn't much time left. Two or three first downs and the game would have been over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom