Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread...

I'm sorry if this is already in the thread, I am just getting to it. In the hype video, does anybody know the back story on the "Million Air" 44 plane and that massive hangar at Hancock? Is that some wealthy donor's plane? The video was awesome. It was like a James Bond movie with Dino as 007

Not sure whose plane it is, but my guess is that the "44" tail number is just a decal for the video shoot. Aircraft registered in the U.S. have an "N" before the tail/registration number and the numbers 1 through 99 are reserved for FAA internal use only.

P.S. you can have your own Cessna Citation M2 for around $5M:

Citation M2

Not sure whose plane it is, but my guess is that the "44" tail number is just a decal for the video shoot. Aircraft registered in the U.S. have an "N" before the tail/registration number and the numbers 1 through 99 are reserved for FAA internal use only.

P.S. you can have your own Cessna Citation M2 for around $5M:

Citation M2
Well that's just great.

Who is #9 on the left ? I'm assuming foster switched from 14 to 9 but I had no clue who this was from the number and nothing on website about a number change for him or a #9 on current roster. Hate not knowing every detail about "my" team

Thank you!! I love the new uniforms!! Enough old school and still modern!!! Go Cuse!!!!

View attachment 166963
Who is #9 on the left ? I'm assuming foster switched from 14 to 9 but I had no clue who this was from the number and nothing on website about a number change for him or a #9 on current roster. Hate not knowing every detail about "my" team
Evan Foster, he switched from 14 to 9.. Trill, Andre Cisco, and Sean Riley also switched theirs aswell.

Ditch the shoulder stripes and I could live with them. Not a fan of shoulder stripes on any uniform.
Stripes would be fine if they weren’t so darn big. They should be accent pieces.

that says orange or syracuse orange,
Really liked the “ORANGE.” That’s our brand. Been on the hoops uniform for years.
syracuse and/or orangemen has been on most other uniform for years. orange is not my "brand". orange is nike ala 2004-5. i have orangemen or syracuse stuff.

syracuse and/or orangemen has been on most other uniform for years. orange is not my "brand". orange is nike ala 2004-5. i have orangemen or syracuse stuff.
Well that really stinks that, "your brand" of syracuse wont be playing this season...our brand of Syracuse is going to be kicking some serious ass! :p Let's go ORANGE!

There is only one uniform style that you would possibly accept. You’ve made that clear.

I would have designed them a bit differently as well, but I’m not criticizing them at all.

They did a great job.

What would you have done?

This kind of question is irrelevant. It’s subjective - therefore perfection is impossible.

I was under the impression that this is a discussion board.

Oh well.

I gather we will no longer be reading any of your subjective observations in the future?

It's funny, all of the new recruits and current players LOVE the new look and new uniforms by reading their social media accounts. Here is one article as a small example... Recruits React to New Syracuse Uniforms

While I bet the people on this message board who dislike the new uniforms are middle aged to senior citizens, stuck in the past, still buy magazines, subscribe to the Post Standard, complain when they have to "stream" a game and need to call for help to work their SmartTV, have a cell phone that is a flip phone, and are upset that shopping malls are a thing of the past and now you have to buy most things online. To that group I just have to say, the world is changing, get with the times or get left behind. SU football for the first time in decades is with the times and the FRESH LIT new look, and the uniforms are representative of that. Syracuse Football has never had a consistent look for football. Heck we once had a white helmet with a blue oval and SU in the middle. Not sure why some on this board get their underpants in a bunch every time we update the look. SU football has been updating the look forever. This isn't anything new.