Oronde | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde

something is off. we can assume there isn't but there definitely is.

hopefully it's a funk or he got a bad grade in Professor Thomas's philosophy class. Hoping he rebounds. Maybe he's a better road player?

In my opinion there are a variety of things that are contributing to OG’s “Slump”. It’s not all on OG

1) other guys are simply stepping up. Peña, Meeks, Hatcher and Gill have really been stepping up this year. This takes away targets from OG. I don’t think anyone saw Peña or Meeks having the seasons they are having so far. Hatcher has really stepped up the last 2 games and Gill is starting to hit a stride and is really good at contested catches and getting open when he’s in. This means McCord is spreading it around more and less targets to OG

2) The OG has been playing OG as a down tight end ALOT. Whether he is blocking or just coming out of his stance. He is not a natural down tight end and in my opinion he is struggling a bit there. He is a below average blocker at this point. Not saying he won’t be a good one but at this point he is still learning to be a down tight end so I think this is factoring in a bit. He is a lot better as a stand up tight end out of the slot

3) some of it is just on OG. He has to get right. He would never drop a pass and he’s has a few pretty easy catches that you expect him to make 10/10 times. He had a couple drops and bad penalties against Stanford. He had like 3-4 drops against Holy Cross. He’s catches those passes and he’s typical OG again catching 5-6 passes a game. I think these are very fixable things and I think he’ll get it figured out. He’s a pros pro, a solid kid and very hard worker

In my opinion there are a variety of things that are contributing to OG’s “Slump”. It’s not all on OG

1) other guys are simply stepping up. Peña, Meeks, Hatcher and Gill have really been stepping up this year. This takes away targets from OG. I don’t think anyone saw Peña or Meeks having the seasons they are having so far. Hatcher has really stepped up the last 2 games and Gill is starting to hit a stride and is really good at contested catches and getting open when he’s in. This means McCord is spreading it around more and less targets to OG

2) The OG has been playing OG as a down tight end ALOT. Whether he is blocking or just coming out of his stance. He is not a natural down tight end and in my opinion he is struggling a bit there. He is a below average blocker at this point. Not saying he won’t be a good one but at this point he is still learning to be a down tight end so I think this is factoring in a bit. He is a lot better as a stand up tight end out of the slot

3) some of it is just on OG. He has to get right. He would never drop a pass and he’s has a few pretty easy catches that you expect him to make 10/10 times. He had a couple drops and bad penalties against Stanford. He had like 3-4 drops against Holy Cross. He’s catches those passes and he’s typical OG again catching 5-6 passes a game. I think these are very fixable things and I think he’ll get it figured out. He’s a pros pro, a solid kid and very hard worker
#1 - that's the sign of a healthy team. If OG is a team guy (and I 100% believe he is), he wants that.

My concern is that the #2 and the frustration of that is leading to the #3. And not just for him. Villari is a complete mess right now.

#1 - that's the sign of a healthy team. If OG is a team guy (and I 100% believe he is), he wants that.

My concern is that the #2 and the frustration of that is leading to the #3. And not just for him. Villari is a complete mess right now.

OG told them to get a QB and he'd be back. we got one but he's not getting the ball. He's being asked to block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom