Oscar predictions | Syracusefan.com

Oscar predictions

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
I haven't seen any of the nominated films this year, but for those who have, who do you have in the major categories?

best movie = Should be Dunkirk, wouldnt suprise me if its lady bird, if its Get out, i give up

best actor =- should be Goldman

Best Actress = Should be Saoirse Ronan, cant be streep

Supp actor = Should be Plummer,

Supp Actress = should be Janney

Director = Should be Nolan

Original Screen play. Should be The Big Sick

Cinematograhy Should be Dunkirk

Editing = Should be baby Driver

Sound Editing = should be star wars

I saw all of the Best Picture nominees. The Billboards Outside Ebbings Missouri was the most powerful, original, surprising movie I've seen in years. Hope it gets the nod and Francis McDormand gets Best Actress. Sam Rockwell already got Best Supporting Actor. If you haven't seen it, try to catch it in a theatre. Its worth it.

I've always seen about half the films in the major categories, so my opinion is just that: my opinion. it doesn't mean that other films or performances might not have been better. And you 'deserve' and Oscar if the a plurality of the Academy members thinks so, not because I think so. (That's why I created "the Steves").

"the Shape of water" was easily the best film I've seen in years. I thoguht "3 Billboards went off the rails about halfway through and "lady Bird" was Ok but a bit over-rated. Loved "the Post", "Dunkrik" and "Darkest Hour". I'd go with del Toro as best director, although nolan did a great job, too.

I'd have voted for Gary Oldman as best Actor, although he could have done the speech at the end a lot better).

Jessica Chastian should have won best Actress but wasn't even nominated. I would have voted for Sally Hawkins.

I haven't seen I, Tonya, but i love Allison Janney so much i'll be rooting for her. I'd also love to see Christopher Plummer win but I haven't seen "All the Money In the World" either. I have a feeling he should have been cast in the role originally. Spacey was going to do it with a plastic face to make him look old. Plummer doesn't need one.

Get out winning is just crazy.. you spend 75% of the movie wondering why you bothered to watch it and 20% of the movie thinking this is what i wasted 2 hrs for.. It just drones on. its just a skit dragged out to a movie length.

I havent seen shape of water, but the several I know who did thought it was just a blah movie. 3 bill boards those who saw it thought it was pretty good and I agree they thought it just lost it towards the end.

Dunkirk to me was the one that had the complete package.

i didnt get all the love for Blade runner either.. it was hard to watch for me.

The song choice , other than the greatest showman tune were all tough to listen too..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom