Oshae Brissett-player comparison | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett-player comparison

He’s much quicker than Artest though, no? I mean that is good praise for sure but seems like Artest did a bit of everything well and was a bully and that’s meant to be a compliment.

I personally like the more fluid Jerami Grant comparison. Without the Grant occasional awkward/robotic movement.

Last edited:
He’s much quicker than Artest though, no? I mean that is good praise for sure but seems like Artest did a bit of everything well and was a bully.

I personally like the more fluid Jerami Grant comparison. Without the Grant occasional awkward/robotic movement.

Pardon the cross-racial comparison, but he reminds me of Mike Dunleavy.

Pardon the cross-racial comparison, but he reminds me of Mike Dunleavy.
Don’t see it. Dunleavy on his best day couldn’t board like OB. And offensively Dunleavy was a lot better, especially shooting. Physically, OB’s a Beast- he’s pretty jacked for a freshman.

chris mcCulough was like 9 and 7 injured and still drafted. oshae is like 16 and 10 . everybody say JUMP !

In terms of size/athleticism/skillset, I could see him developing into a Paul George type of player

Last edited:
chris mcCulough was like 9 and 7 injured and still drafted. oshae is like 16 and 10 . everybody say JUMP !
I don’t know bout this. Oshae would be projected to play the 3 at the next level, and i don’t think his handle is good enough yet. One more year oughta do it though!;)

I don’t know bout this. Oshae would be projected to play the 3 at the next level, and i don’t think his handle is good enough yet. One more year oughta do it though!;)

Yeah it is getting better and better but I’m optimistic he returns and forms that tandem with Bazely. That is some matchup nightmares for a defense. Hopefully Boeheim can tailor the offense properly for these guys.

Brissett reminds me of the Johnsons (Dave and Wes) and, somewhat less, Jeremy Grant. He’s taller than DJ but not as strong, and he’s not as long as Grant but surprisingly is on Grant’s level as a shot-blocker. OB’s also a live athlete (like Grant), although he’s a better rebounder than Grant was as a freshman or sophomore. Wes Johnson’s another comparison. OB’s nowhere near as good an outside shooter (yet), but he’s younger (Wes transferred then sat out a year). He also has Wes’ hops and might be better at this stage off the bounce. Lots to like, for sure, and the comparisons to some of SU’s greats are likely to continue as he gets stronger.

I don’t want Oshae’s jump shot to get TOO good. We need him to bookend with Baze next year, giving us one of the most talented forward tandems in college hoops. We can fantasize about TB staying (probably won’t happen). But even if he jumps, our back court immediately gets elite depth with Hughes and Buddy coming in, and senior FH with Jalen Carey behind him.
Any chance Buddy redshirts. Lotta good players this year if OB did get projected early second round would he go or wait one more to move up the board

Any chance Buddy redshirts. Lotta good players this year if OB did get projected early second round would he go or wait one more to move up the board

I'm guessing he does.

How do you not mention Bagel Lipshitz or Bialy Garfinkle? Both just as good as the others.
I need to confess - I blew this joke. You set it up perfectly, and I whiffed.

The joke should have been "Those are pretty unorthodox comparisons."

Just needed to come clean.

Don’t see it. Dunleavy on his best day couldn’t board like OB. And offensively Dunleavy was a lot better, especially shooting. Physically, OB’s a Beast- he’s pretty jacked for a freshman.

Dunleavy was not as good as Brisette is a freshmen regarding skills, but Brisette is not near as BB smart as Dunleavy was as a freshmen. I don't get the comparison here.

I think they might have the same ceiling if Brisette can learn as well as Dunleavy did. Selfishness is sometimes an effective measure of BB IQ and so far Dunleavy by a mile.

I posted this back in his recruitment thread but I’ve always seen a lot of Michael Kidd Gilchrist in his game. Not the defensive presence but offensively at this stage as a slasher/rebounder/quick leaper

Last edited:
Oshae was 9-10 from the line last night. Amazing how often when he drives in for a layup that he gets fouled. The one move that I would like to see him develop is when he gets the ball outside the 3 pt line. I've only seen him pass it or shoot. I would love to see him fake the shot and then drive in. We really don't know how good his handle is yet so I am assuming it is still work in progress.

Oshae was 9-10 from the line last night. Amazing how often when he drives in for a layup that he gets fouled. The one move that I would like to see him develop is when he gets the ball outside the 3 pt line. I've only seen him pass it or shoot. I would love to see him fake the shot and then drive in. We really don't know how good his handle is yet so I am assuming it is still work in progress.

He looked comfortable bringing the ball up when they pressured Frank and Tyus late. He looks like John Wallace more and more each game. I just wish he’d finish more shots at the rim.

Really hope we get him back. Definitely has a lot to improve but you just don't know what players might shoot up draft boards.

Probably depends on how many more years JB plans on coaching? I think Buddy's redshirt decision will give us that answer. 4 or 5?
I think the redshirt will depend on what Battle does. If he leaves, he plays. If he stays, I can’t imagine Buddy getting much time. He would be behind too many guys. It would be interesting to see if JB would expand the bench if it meant playing time for Buddy.

He looked comfortable bringing the ball up when they pressured Frank and Tyus late. He looks like John Wallace more and more each game. I just wish he’d finish more shots at the rim.

You could say that about all of our guys. Frank and Tyus leave floaters short on the rim all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom