Oshae is just off | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae is just off

The problem is that OB has been off in every key game this year. He just seems to be lost or on some other page all the time. And one could make a highlight reel out of all his missed dunks over the last year and this year. How can he be athletic and not be able to finish a dunk?

Excellent year? He couldn't finish last year either.

Flirted with the NBA? Who said that? That is laughable.

He hasn't regressed, he's the same player.
16 points per game and 8.5 rebounds for true frosh in ACC is an excellent year. Shooting percentage not great, finishes like crap but not many players (and even fewer freshmen) average those numbers. If you want to call it very good vs excellent then i’ll Go with your nitpicking. Oshae himself said he considered the NBA and will do so again.

Shooting lower percentage than last year and averaging fewer rebounds equals regressing.

Cuse

He did not improve his body in the off season and is more reluctant to drive into the lane.

He is playing like a player afraid to get hurt.
He’s playing himself to a spot on the bench. He needs a reality check, but JB doesn’t have the guts to sit him down. Howard also needs to sit. He has no quickness or explosiveness. His inability to come up with that tip out late in the game tells me he shouldn’t be playing. He plays like he’s in quicksand.

16 points per game and 8.5 rebounds for true frosh in ACC is an excellent year. Shooting percentage not great, finishes like crap but not many players (and even fewer freshmen) average those numbers. If you want to call it very good vs excellent then i’ll Go with your nitpicking. Oshae himself said he considered the NBA and will do so again.

Shooting lower percentage than last year and averaging fewer rebounds equals regressing.

Cuse

OB flirting with the NBA is like me flirting with Kate beckingsale.. via a laminated magazine

The problem is that OB has been off in every key game this year. He just seems to be lost or on some other page all the time. And one could make a highlight reel out of all his missed dunks over the last year and this year. How can he be athletic and not be able to finish a dunk?

The system caters to him exposing his handle and doing too much 1-on1. He’s not that fluid or slick with that stuff. He wasted a lot of time with the ball but all the players do. How many damn times were we near the end of the SC! It’s the same slop though. The skills/athleticism/speed of this team is overrated. Maybe even by the coach.

OB showed flashes last year. Just flashes. Outside of rebounding, his percentages and per minute numbers were not particularly good, even for a freshman. He was an inefficient player who benefited from volume.

He's the same player this year.

He’s playing himself to a spot on the bench. He needs a reality check, but JB doesn’t have the guts to sit him down. Howard also needs to sit. He has no quickness or explosiveness. His inability to come up with that tip out late in the game tells me he shouldn’t be playing. He plays like he’s in quicksand.
Who do you want to sit Brissett for on this roster, the guy who shoots twice every 20 minutes? Not sure how that helps improve the offense, and it sure as hell won't help the rebounding (another issue with this group) if he's sitting.

We only have 1 player this year, Tyus, who attacks the basket with any type of efficiency. We make feint dribbles toward the basket, don’t get penetration nor aggressively attack, then resort to just passing it horizontally around the perimeter for a 3. We lack any real physicality in the paint. Our power forward, Oshae, doesn’t play with any power. Our centers are stick thin, playing with their hands down on both offense & defense. Hughes is a guard playing forward , Marek is a small forward who doesn’t look for his offense, who is playing center more than half the time on the court. With no one willing or able to post up inside and hold position, we lack any inside-outside game to make defenses work hard to cover us. This year we don’t have an elite defense to save us enough to overcome our weaknesses offensively and on the boards. The best teams are better than the sum of their individual parts, this team is lacking that crucial intangible to date.

I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m just dumping on the team. It just is what it is. I don’t know how you prod players who prefer to avoid contact into being physically tough players. I doubt it’s just fans who are frustrated, I imagine the staff and the players themselves are just as frustrated and hurting after this loss. Hoping they can somehow turn this around.

I keep wondering if OB would have been better off staying in town this summer playing with other members of the team.

Yeah. All the hero-worship puppy dog following of Paul George didn’t do him much good.

Hard to improve when you’re not using your summer to work on your game.

Excellent year? He couldn't finish last year either.

Flirted with the NBA? Who said that? That is laughable.

He hasn't regressed, he's the same player.

No this year he’s spending more time on the perimeter. Taking and missing more 3s and consequently not rebounding as well and not scoring on put backs.

Last edited:
Who do you want to sit Brissett for on this roster, the guy who shoots twice every 20 minutes? Not sure how that helps improve the offense, and it sure as hell won't help the rebounding (another issue with this group) if he's sitting.
You need to get his attention. He’s playing soft and with no purpose. You play my way (the coach) or you sit. The bench is a coaches best friend.

He blames our centers for all of our problems. He sits them for every mistake, but our wings do pretty much what they want. Our bigs aren’t physical enough, but do you hear the coach say why he recruits 190 pound big men? JB needs to take a look at who he’s recruiting. It might help if he brings in some bigs who can hold a position and not ones who the wind will blow over.

He blames our centers for all of our problems. He sits them for every mistake, but our wings do pretty much what they want. Our bigs aren’t physical enough, but do you hear the coach say why he recruits 190 pound big men? JB needs to take a look at who he’s recruiting. It might help if he brings in some bigs who can hold a position and not ones who the wind will blow over.
I would take OD's 7'1 280lb center in a heart beat. At the beginning of the game, the announcers said he had a hard time getting down to that weight. Wish our bugs had that problem.

I would take OD's 7'1 280lb center in a heart beat. At the beginning of the game, the announcers said he had a hard time getting down to that weight. Wish our bugs had that problem.

He sealed hiim off a couple of times when he got the opportunities and it was game over.

Oshae is the type of player who should average a double/double with out trying

Early this year he seemed to be auditioning for the NBA three point contest, he’s still shooting more from beyond the arc then I would like to see however he’s missing the inside game

At a time our big men our struggling I really think he could help us on the boards and in the paint but he’s always beyond the arc

I’m not saying he’s our 5 but he has to pound the glass more and use his size

He’s playing with one foot out the door. Lots of individual agendas going on in that locker room.m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom