Oshae is just off | Syracusefan.com

Oshae is just off

CsonkaStash

Starter
Not exactly sure what is wrong with him. He has regressed this year some how. Last year he had times where he could completely take over a game. 10 games into the season and he is a major liability. Had a series where today he was part of a 6 point swing. Missed a layup, missed his guy on defense and then missed the front end of a 1 and 1. Then he airballed a shot too. Unfortunately we need him for rebounding but that is about all he can do recently. I truly hope last year's Osahe at a minimum returns. I hope this was the wake up call.

Not exactly sure what is wrong with him. He has regressed this year some how. Last year he had times where he could completely take over a game. 10 games into the season and he is a major liability. Had a series where today he was part of a 6 point swing. Missed a layup, missed his guy on defense and then missed the front end of a 1 and 1. Then he airballed a shot too. Unfortunately we need him for rebounding but that is about all he can do recently. I truly hope last year's Osahe at a minimum returns. I hope this was the wake up call.

Really perplexing. Excellent frosh season, flirted briefly with the NBA and knew he absolutely needed to work on a couple things (poor finishing and 3 pt shooting). He's regressed on both, become much less aggressive and completely disappears at times. Based on 1/3rd of the season there is no way he has improved his draft status and will likely be spending a third season at the Cuse.

I constantly read how it’s a foregone conclusion that he’s gone to the NBA though and he has to be because some other top 100 recruits are coming in and expect playing time and shots! Keep the 21-12’s(9-9’s)rolling!

Lololololsmh. Not sure how many more years I can take the stupidity of college b-ball...

Really perplexing. Excellent frosh season, flirted briefly with the NBA and knew he absolutely needed to work on a couple things (poor finishing and 3 pt shooting). He's regressed on both, become much less aggressive and completely disappears at times. Based on 1/3rd of the season there is no way he has improved his draft status and will likely be spending a third season at the Cuse.

Excellent year? He couldn't finish last year either.

Flirted with the NBA? Who said that? That is laughable.

He hasn't regressed, he's the same player.

does tyus coming back help or hinder oshae ? you would think it would open space underneath to operate. but brissett is working the perimeter. and tyus is still alpha dog. team is out of synch.

But he's 6'8" and athletic so he has to be awesome.

Someone got mad at me for posting it last weekend, but the athleticism of our team is WAY overstated by many of our fans.

OB is not THAT athletic by high D-1 power program standards. He’s a fine athlete. Nothing special or anything. Carey is our only guy whose athleticism pops off the screen at times.

Flynn, Wes, Grant, Waiters, Fab Melo, Warrick, Dave Johnson, Damone Brown, CJ Fair, Stevie Thompson...those are the kinds of guys I think of when I think of “athletic” Syracuse players.

Someone got mad at me for posting it last weekend, but the athleticism of our team is WAY overstated by many of our fans.

OB is not THAT athletic by high D-1 power program standards. He’s a fine athlete. Nothing special or anything. Carey is our only guy whose athleticism pops off the screen at times.

Flynn, Wes, Grant, Waiters, Fab Melo, Warrick, Dave Johnson, Damone Brown, Stevie Thompson...those are the kinds of guys I think of when I think of “athletic” Syracuse players.

He seems to be a 'slow jumper' if that makes any sense.

Flynn, Wes, Grant, Waiters, Fab Melo, Warrick, Dave Johnson, Damone Brown, CJ Fair, Stevie Thompson...those are the kinds of guys I think of when I think of “athletic” Syracuse players.
Agree with you completely CJ Fair and Warrick used to have the ability to rise over people and throw dunks down. The best I have seen from Oshae is highlight reel missed dunks

Agree with you completely CJ Fair and Warrick used to have the ability to rise over people and throw dunks down. The best I have seen from Oshae is highlight reel missed dunks

I think he’s got a good first step, good strength, and is a “good” not great leaper that lacks a bit of body control.

I wouldn’t say he’s super athletic by starting forward at Syracuse standards or potential NBA player standards. He’s more in the average range, by those standards IMO.

He could NEVER dribble penetrate - he NEVER had low moves - he is a player that CANNOT improve - he's athletic, tough and has a decent shooting stroke

I think he’s got a good first step, good strength, and is a “good” not great leaper that lacks a bit of body control.

I wouldn’t say he’s super athletic by starting forward at Syracuse standards or potential NBA player standards. He’s more in the average range, by those standards IMO.

You know what? You’re completely right and this is the first time I’ve ever really considered this. He’s all upper body strength like Paul Harris, but unlike Paul Harris, who was built like a linebacker/db, Oshae’s body is more proportioned to look like a basketball body.

I don’t see him to be as athletic as I thought he was, and his lack of body control (something that Paul Harris also struggled with) has a lot to do with that.

Don't know what you watched last year. He is the same exact player he was. What I did expect was to see someone who took the offseason to improve areas he was weak St like finishing strong at the rim and a mid range shot. He did neither. He's playing worse because he's playing as if someone is in his ear. He needs to be in the paint, down on the block and 15 feet away from the basket at most. He will definitely be back next season. I'm not worried about him jumping early.

In the words ok Keith Olbeman .. he’s .. he’s... not good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom