Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

I think I've made my opinion of him pretty clear, but I certainly wish him the best of luck and hope he proves to be a solid NBA player.

Will be very interesting to see how we fill his minutes next year.
It’s pretty obvious how the fill will occur. QG and MD will play 40 mpg

I am on record that guys should always go. I thank him and wish him luck. I don't believe he will be an NBA player, and I think he will be replaced without too much disruption. The player and the program move and live on.
The diff with Oshae is that he was second fiddle. If he came back 20/10 isn’t even that remote and he’s a lock first rounder. He has all the physical ability. Just needed a year as BMOC imo. But I think he will roster and make it

Don't forget Hughes. He's gonna spend some time at forward too. Rebounding is going to be a concern for sure. I def think MD gets some time at the 5 again.

Don't forget Hughes. He's gonna spend some time at forward too. Rebounding is going to be a concern for sure. I def think MD gets some time at the 5 again.
I was just considering the 4 spot. EH will play 40 on the other side. QG will rebound as will MD. EH has to learn to. I’m not even going to guess the 5 spot until late summer. Honestly anyone starting there wouldn’t surprise me

I think this is the right choice for his future. I'm so happy for him that he has done well in his NBA auditions to date. He'll probably play summer league, and I hope he really shines. He's a talented kid. I hope he focuses on what he's best at, and doesn't try to be a different player. I think he went about as far as he can go offensively in our system. I wish him all the best and thank him for some great performances.

Had he done that last season, the team would have been a lot better off.

I don't know who is still out there, but I hope the staff considers chasing a fifth year transfer big now that we have this open spot.

Best of luck to Oshae -- what a classy post he made announcing his departure.
Don’t think so... focus is on 2020. Woody, Dre and a couple others. I think the first two will fall quickly and then we can really focus. Goal is to hopefully have 2020 done by Italy ( best laid plans and all).

Fans expect players to be as passionate as they are. Players prioritize professional goals over school goals just like, um ... everyone.
And fans are allowed to be fans of who they choose for the reasons they choose. I remember the players that were more accomplished/stuck around longer moreso than the players that weren't/didn't.

I was just considering the 4 spot. EH will play 40 on the other side. QG will rebound as will MD. EH has to learn to. I’m not even going to guess the 5 spot until late summer. Honestly anyone starting there wouldn’t surprise me

I wouldn't say anyone starting at the 5 wouldn't surprise you. I bet if Howard Washington did, it would surprise you :)

Don’t think so... focus is on 2020. Woody, Dre and a couple others. I think the first two will fall quickly and then we can really focus. Goal is to hopefully have 2020 done by Italy ( best laid plans and all).

I viewed the Italy trip as a huge boon to the upcoming season -- but it is even more critically essential since we'll have so many new faces and so many inexperienced players who need to step into prominent roles.

With all this depth we should have players playing minutes like the 2011 team.
Nobody on this roster should be playing more than 30mpg on average.
It should be game to game who is hot and with the depth we have should use it just like 2011.

This is the complex in a nutshell

Dead on. On the other hand, players expect fans to consider their professional goals over team goals. That’s never happening.

I would think the love being showered on OB after a good showing is from NBA execs see him turning out as Jerami has. I've always thought his game had a ceiling of Paul George, but he may never shoot that well. So JG or even Draymond might be closer as comps, he'll obviously have to get more physical than he has shown to become a DG clone on a winning team.

No, Hughes is our best 3 point shooter. Hughes and Guerrier will probably play 30+ minutes, Dolezaj will play 15+ minutes at F hopefully, and Braswell will get scraps, but it's a chance to show what he can do.

At Center, I see Sidibe at 10-15 minutes, Dolezaj at 10+ minutes, and then either Edwards or JBA (or both, depending on the situation, fouls, etc.) should share the remaining 15-20 minutes, depending on how well they perform.

At guard, I see Carey (25), Buddy (25), Goodine (20) and Girard (10) as the 4th guard.

As we get to ACC play, Girard will probably be # 8.5 because of his shooting, although Braswell could surprise, much like Buddy did last year. Braswell can shoot, he's lively, and he's had a year to learn the zone. You never know ...

It should be game to game who is hot and with the depth we have should use it just like 2011.

You have a very young team. Unless the incoming freshman prove themselves of being worthy of that time, you will see multiple players averaging 30+ minutes a night.

I would think the love being showered on OB after a good showing is from NBA execs see him turning out as Jerami has. I've always thought his game had a ceiling of Paul George, but he may never shoot that well. So JG or even Draymond might be closer as comps, he'll obviously have to get more physical than he has shown to become a DG clone on a winning team.

Paul George? What? PG is elite on both sides of the court. He has the handle, range and athleticism (even after the broken leg) that Oshae doesn't have.

I wouldn't say anyone starting at the 5 wouldn't surprise you. I bet if Howard Washington did, it would surprise you :)
Well if you want to get literal...mainly I was
Thinking Jesse...

There’s something called maturity both physically and mentally. There’s more than just the talent to make it. The NBA doesn’t have to wait for these players to be ready to play because they can go out and draft the next shinny, new toy. You better show you can play early or you’re gone. Not many of these guys stay around very long.

Was this post copy and pasted from when Grant left?

No, Hughes is our best 3 point shooter. Hughes and Guerrier will probably play 30+ minutes, Dolezaj will play 15+ minutes at F hopefully, and Braswell will get scraps, but it's a chance to show what he can do.

At Center, I see Sidibe at 10-15 minutes, Dolezaj at 10+ minutes, and then either Edwards or JBA (or both, depending on the situation, fouls, etc.) should share the remaining 15-20 minutes, depending on how well they perform.

At guard, I see Carey (25), Buddy (25), Goodine (20) and Girard (10) as the 4th guard.

As we get to ACC play, Girard will probably be # 8.5 because of his shooting, although Braswell could surprise, much like Buddy did last year. Braswell can shoot, he's lively, and he's had a year to learn the zone. You never know ...
Matt I’m talking about the 4 spot. Not the 3. QG and MD will eat up all 40 mpg at the 4...

It's funny that the NBA is made up of guys who spent 4-5 years in college learning to mature while the G-league and euroleagues are made up of college froshs and sophs who bailed early for the glamour of the league and flamed out.

You serious?

Not shocked at all, (except by predictions that anyone will play 40mpg next year). The math just didn't make any sense: if Oshae came back we'd have all 13 scholarships tied up with underclassmen and yet we were recruiting guys for a 2020 class. Clearly JB knew someone was going. He had to be more than guessing that to offer scholarships to possible 2020 recruits. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose somebody else before next season and have a couple of 2020 commits by then.

Not knowing who else might leave, I think Sidibe, Bol Ajak and Edwards will be given every chance to establish themselves at the center position with Dolezaj available if they are unable to do so. Dolezaj, Hughes, Guerrier and Braswell will make a nice group of forwards. (Dolezaj might see time at center just to get him on the court as the talent level at forward is so high). Buddy will be the incumbent at SG but any of the four potential PGs could conceivable play there: Carey, Goodine, Girard and Washington. I don't see any way anybody averages close to 40MPG. We could absorb another loss or even two and not need that.

It happens every few years that we play deeper into the roster because players are young, big men haven't learned how to handle foul trouble yet, and players have incomplete skill sets, where we need more than 1 guy to give us what we need from a particular position.

Matt I’m talking about the 4 spot. Not the 3. QG and MD will eat up all 40 mpg at the 4...

Sorry, yeah you're probably right about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom