Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

Oh Canada !!

Let the young guys get the time they need. Expectations should be at the floor next season with or without him. Hopefully Boeheim opens it up and just let the horses he has run.

Will be interesting to see who steps up as the leader of this squad now. Hard to believe OB showed so much promise during several weeks of workouts, scrimmages, etc after such a letdown year. Wish him nothing but the best though...refreshing to hear to be honest especially after all the speculation when he announced he was testing the waters.

our two pt fg percentage just skyrocketed, just kidding, hope he crushes it in nba and makes tons of money, and maybe donates some to the school.

I don’t quite understand the logic that if he stays in college longer then he’ll have a better pro career. They have more time to work on their craft and with some of the world’s best coaching when they get to the NBA. If a first round pick (who more times than not, the organization gives every chance to succeed) isn’t able to make it in the league, then that player most likely wasn’t going to make it regardless.

All every one of these kids have dreamt about their entire life, has been to play in the NBA. When you have even the slightest opportunity, it’s very tough to turn that down.

I think there is a balance to be struck. It's not always best to go, for a couple reasons.

First, you only get to go once, so if you're young, not physically developed and not emotionally mature, that was your one shot. Playing against full grown men who are professionals is something Bazely was afraid of last year, and he was probably right. He would have been exposed.

The second point in favor of coming back is that if you are just a fringe player on an elite team, sure, your "future upside" is as high as it's going to get, but some players need to learn how to be a leader, learn how to make a shot with the game on the line, learn how to grind out results and help your team get wins. You don't get that experience on the end of an NBA bench, no matter how much personal coaching you supposedly get. To me, during the season, when the NBA is playing 4-5 games a week, how much coaching do you really get, between all the travel, walk-throughs, film study, etc.?

Yup will be the toughest thing to replace by far

I think Guerrier is going to be good for around 6-7 per game. That's replacing 80% of what he gave us. Hughes will probably rebound a bit better this year, and we've got 4 guys to play center. I think we're going to be OK.

Well...when the "Orangemen forever" voluntarily leave the program 2 years early with little hope of real professional success it tends to leave fans disappointed over what could have been. And the shorter period on the hill the sooner they are forgotten unless they did something special like Melo. I bet Tyler Lydon's fans have been just thrilled with his play the past 2 seasons.

Your not a Lyndon fan?

Uh ok dude
The analyst is correct.
JB’s offense doesn’t help guys like Brissett. JB wants to win basketball games and that has been on playing low possession games with an iso offense.
Brissett wouldn’t develop the skills he needs to be a better pro in our system.
I don’t get why people just can’t admit this.
Best of luck to OB and JB will still win games the way we have.

Has nothing to do with the system. If Boeheim thought they could run, they would. They were a team that ran like gazelle in the Serengeti when the opportunity presented itself. He can't dribble, shoot or finish strong at the rim. He needs a situation like Jerami had.

Has nothing to do with the system. If Boeheim thought they could run, they would. They were a team that ran like gazelle in the Serengeti when the opportunity presented itself. He can't dribble, shoot or finish strong at the rim. He needs a situation like Jerami had.
Our offense doesn’t help our players. We don’t get easy shots in the half court and that causes our best players to take tougher shots which deflate their shooting percentages and with low possessions hurts them.

I don’t blame JB for wanting to win games as his priority he doesn’t care if it’s 57-56 or 96-95 but our offense doesn’t help the players unless they have the ability to make tough shots or drive the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom