Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

Some tough people in here. If Triche can make millions overseas then Oshae can find a buck or two. This is even assuming he stays in the process nearing the draft.

Id love him back but wont berate him if he leaves.

"Millions?" Gonna definitely need a source on that one. I'd be surprised if he's earned even $1M overseas (nothing to sneeze at, but definitely not millions plural).

Those saying it's just a IG pic are partially right. Maybe he means nothing and hes testing the NBA out to get feedback (as he should) but what a absolute crap way to announce that. I pic of you blowing a kiss goodbye and no caption or explanation? How about just a normal announcement like Jordan Nwora did stating hes testing the process to get feedback that way he still maintains his college eligibility. No speculation and rumors running wild. Idk, just find it a wierd way to announce what hes doing...kinda dumb. With that said, I hope he gets some good workouts in and gets some feedback and decides to return for his junior year.

I’m pretty upset by this. I loved Oshae the player and he was an even nicer guy in person. Probably one of the nicest SU b-ball players I’ve ever met, and I had the pleasure of knowing him a little more than most. If he is leaving, I wish him nothing but the best. He’s all class, all the way.

Last edited:
Those saying it's just a IG pic are partially right. Maybe he means nothing and hes testing the NBA out to get feedback (as he should) but what a absolute crap way to announce that. I pic of you blowing a kiss goodbye and no caption or explanation? How about just a normal announcement like Jordan Nwora did stating hes testing the process to get feedback that way he still maintains his college eligibility. No speculation and rumors running wild. Idk, just find it a wierd way to announce what hes doing...kinda dumb. With that said, I hope he gets some good workouts in and gets some feedback and decides to return for his junior year.
I should follow this up with I'm just a fan of the team and want nothing but the best for all of our players past and present. He should absolutely do whatever he feels is right for him and his family and I can totally respect that. Just hate all the speculation.

Clear out all the guys with NBA -itis.
OB was clearly told to be drafted he needed to demonstrate an outside shot.
So he shot and shot and missed and missed. Until JB told him to get in the paint and stop hoisting 3 pt bricks. Then he was unhappy.
Not the first time this has happened. Won't be the last.
It's a conflict of -- I'm showcasing for scouts vs playing the role the team needs to succeed. Result is bad chemistry.
When we first signed Oshae, I thought great, now we finally have a 3 or 4-year player. Then he had a productive freshman year (though inefficient on 2-pt shots), and the NBA talk started. He regressed some this year, so I don’t think there was any danger of him leaving. Love Oshae but these guys should stop listening to so many outside handlers and voices (other than their parents).

hope whatever works out best for the program and kid both happen, but he should 100% be testing the waters and getting next level feedback. every one who can should be.

I wonder what this means for Howard Washington if anything? Aren’t him and Oshae best buds? Hypothetically, would he have to sit a year if he transferred since he was taking a redshirt for this year? Hope it doesn’t happen since I think he can contribute here but I think there were rumblings before about him transferring.

I love OB and would miss his board crashing terribly, but i would take giving young, hungry guys minutes over having him stay and be unhappy.

But if he can be happy and come back i want him 100%

As much as I get frustrated with his turnovers, misses at the rim and line and spotty shooting, he'll be missed. Good rebounder and on good nights he's good for a double-double. My inclination is that he's gone. Hope I'm wrong. If not, an opportunity for Guerrier or Bras. I'm good with that.

As much as I get frustrated with his turnovers, misses at the rim and line and spotty shooting, he'll be missed. Good rebounder and on good nights he's good for a double-double. My inclination is that he's gone. Hope I'm wrong. If not, an opportunity for Guerrier or Bras. I'm good with that.
I’d love OB to be back but Guerrier is every bit as good and better

Let the speculation begin...

If he leaves, I have to think it's a Paul Harris type of situation, where maybe the next guy up, like Guerrier (compare Wes Johnson) might push him to a reserve role, and that would kill his draft-ability. I wouldn't mind seeing Braswell. I think we've seen the best of Oshae. He's our best rebounder, but this offense isn't working for him.

Man I hope Carey stays.

Carey would be foolish to go. He's the leading candidate to start at PG next year.
He's going to sit out a year someplace else, when he will be on TV next year?

Isn't that what drove Lydon out, too?

And Jerami Grant, and Chris McCullouch, and a few others along the way.
He's like a Bobby Knight kind of coach who doesn't recruit at the level of a Coach K, or even in the ballpark anymore. It's like how Bill Parcells was a great coach until his players stopped responding to getting ripped in the newspapers. And, the talent level went down when he went to the Jets. That was a prison sentence. But even when he had his last chance with the Cowboys, the magic was gone. We're at that point with Boeheim. When he lost Mike, and that was the season before he left, he lost a lot.

And Jerami Grant, and Chris McCullouch, and a few others along the way.
He's like a Bobby Knight kind of coach who doesn't recruit at the level of a Coach K, or even in the ballpark anymore. It's like how Bill Parcells was a great coach until his players stopped responding to getting ripped in the newspapers. And, the talent level went down when he went to the Jets. That was a prison sentence. But even when he had his last chance with the Cowboys, the magic was gone. We're at that point with Boeheim. When he lost Mike, and that was the season before he left, he lost a lot.
So you’re saying Hop had mentally checked out the season before he left for Washington? Rumor or fact or own observation?

So you’re saying Hop had mentally checked out the season before he left for Washington? Rumor or fact or own observation?

The lack of recruiting results speak for themselves, as does the fact that about six of those kids are playing for him out in Washington. So, sure, it's "conjecture". But I have eyes. And I saw a guy on the bench who did not look as engaged as in years past, when we had a very disappointing team that looked much better on paper, and at the end of the year he was gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom