OT- all this talk about Jab | Syracusefan.com

OT- all this talk about Jab

pulaski74

Scout Team
I am not on this forum to argue w/ anyone. Just trying to lend some experience as to what I have seen over the yrs. I wear orange goggles and my blood is orange. When I was young I found fault w/ everything Jab did, as I grew older I realised he ha d a method. He's an outstanding coach, husband, contributor to the community, and fiercly loyal to anyone in his program. I've watched him stand toe to toe w/ John Thompson, the ncaa, and anyone who he thinks is taking advantage of his kids. Just saying to all the people calling for his head, very tough job and I think he has done well. Not to say I agree w/ everything he does , but , look at the long run.

I am not on this forum to argue w/ anyone. Just trying to lend some experience as to what I have seen over the yrs. I wear orange goggles and my blood is orange. When I was young I found fault w/ everything Jab did, as I grew older I realised he ha d a method. He's an outstanding coach, husband, contributor to the community, and fiercly loyal to anyone in his program. I've watched him stand toe to toe w/ John Thompson, the ncaa, and anyone who he thinks is taking advantage of his kids. Just saying to all the people calling for his head, very tough job and I think he has done well. Not to say I agree w/ everything he does , but , look at the long run.
First, this isn't OT. Second, how do you know what kind of husband jb is?

What he does in the community is highly commendable, but doesn't excuse the fact the power has gone to his head because he's squatted on the job too many years and believes he can speak about anyone however he chooses -- without repercussions. If Roberson was any of your own kids you'd see JB in a different light... Outstanding and loyal coaches don't seek out a scapegoat to completely insult and trash (Roberson) because his own coaching abilities are stale and behind the times. When you lose, point the thumb Blameheim... not the finger. JB's got talent on the team but, like most years, he doesn't know what to do with it.

Spock344 said:
What he does in the community is highly commendable, but doesn't excuse the fact the power has gone to his head because he's squatted on the job too many years and believes he can speak about anyone however he chooses -- without repercussions. If Roberson was any of your own kids you'd see JB in a different light... Outstanding and loyal coaches don't seek out a scapegoat to completely insult and trash (Roberson) because his own coaching abilities are stale and behind the times. When you lose, point the thumb Blameheim... not the finger. JB's got talent on the team but, like most years, he doesn't know what to do with it.

He may have been wrong about how he handled Roberson but most of your post is just hate. When people use words like squatted on the job, stale, behind the times, doesn't know how to use talent blah, blah, blah, you're just saying more about your opinion and feelings than about JB.

When I read the quotes about his comments, it upset me. When I actually saw and listened to the comments, I had a totally different take on his comments. If you haven't watched the press conference, please do. The paper's take is not exactly the way he made the comments.

Blameheim? That can't come from a fan, good grief. Google Coach K, and amazing, and tossed out, and press conferences, and Bo Ryan, and on, and on...

I'm just the opposite. When I was a freshmen at SU and dealing with college basketball fans not from Syracuse for the first time ever I would get really riled up defending Boeheim whenever I heard him criticized. Now, approaching 40 there's some things that I myself are becoming critical of. To be fair though, I feel like he is doubling down on things that drive me up the wall the most. When I watch a game from the 90s or early 2000s on Time Warner or ESPN Classics I feel like I'm watching a different coach. He switches defense, he uses his bench, it's crazy.

I'm just the opposite. When I was a freshmen at SU and dealing with college basketball fans not from Syracuse for the first time ever I would get really riled up defending Boeheim whenever I heard him criticized. Now, approaching 40 there's some things that I myself are becoming critical of. To be fair though, I feel like he is doubling down on things that drive me up the wall the most. When I watch a game from the 90s or early 2000s on Time Warner or ESPN Classics I feel like I'm watching a different coach. He switches defense, he uses his bench, it's crazy.
that's fine, just my perspective and you are certainly entitled to your own, that's what the forum is about.

First, this isn't OT. Second, how do you know what kind of husband jb is?
I don't think thats any of your business, and why would you ask a silly question like that, I do not recall anything in my post to receive a reply like that.

All due respect, you are a chucklehead.

I guess I missed a bunch of posts. People were calling for his head (job)? The guy is a mix of good, great and real dickishness. Didn't realize posters were calling for his head.

Spock344 said:

That is highly illogical.

I guess I missed a bunch of posts. People were calling for his head (job)? The guy is a mix of good, great and real dickishness. Didn't realize posters were calling for his head.
I haven't seen any, but that Strawman is no stranger to this board.

that's fine, just my perspective and you are certainly entitled to your own, that's what the forum is about.
you wrote he was an outstanding husband. How would you know that?

He may have been wrong about how he handled Roberson but most of your post is just hate. When people use words like squatted on the job, stale, behind the times, doesn't know how to use talent blah, blah, blah, you're just saying more about your opinion and feelings than about JB.

may have been wrong??? MAY??? Drink the JB Kool-aid much? I'd like to hear you or I speak about a kid like that to the media that and get away with it. You'd be tarred 'n feathered.

So what has JB done in 40 years that any Joe Blow off the street couldn't have accomplished? Here are some facts, not opinions...

He was a no-name coach coming in. He was handed the Carrier Dome right at the onset of his career, a powerhouse Big East conference in the 80's which was lucrative for TVs limited gaming options at the time, which naturally led to a bevy of top talent flocking his way to be on national tv and play in front 30k audience... teams that had Addison/Pearl/Coleman/Owens/Douglas/Seikaly/Thompson, etc. All those teams had between 7-9 losses??? No excuse for that. You think those kids came to play for JB or the Dome/TV? He never once won the regular season n Big East title in the same year... while Uconn n Gtown did it numerous times.

He's the only coach in America who has 1 game plan, and doesn't adjust his scheme (or lack thereof) regardless of the opponent. His offense can't score and has been a recurring theme for years now. Has he shown to develop the bigs on the team over the last few years... or does he just whine about em when he loses? Does he ever take responsibility for loses?

He's Mr. November with numerous early season titles, but when the real tournament starts.. in 40 years, he's reached the Elite 8 only 6 times!!! SIX. He's 6-12 in Sweet 16s. Phenomenal. He has numerous early exits to #15 Richmond, #13 Vermont, #12 A&M, #11 Dayton, #11, Marq, #11 Rhode Island, and a 1986 tourney home loss to Navy. A few upsets are reasonable, but he's had way too many.

Overall, he's a decent coach who was lucky enough to have Melo win the title for him, otherwise he'd be the most overrated coach in basketball today.

Spock344 said:
may have been wrong??? MAY??? Drink the JB Kool-aid much? I'd like to hear you or I speak about a kid like that to the media that and get away with it. You'd be tarred 'n feathered. So what has JB done in 40 years that any Joe Blow off the street couldn't have accomplished? Here are some facts, not opinions... He was a no-name coach coming in. He was handed the Carrier Dome right at the onset of his career, a powerhouse Big East conference in the 80's which was lucrative for TVs limited gaming options at the time, which naturally led to a bevy of top talent flocking his way to be on national tv and play in front 30k audience... teams that had Addison/Pearl/Coleman/Owens/Douglas/Seikaly/Thompson, etc. All those teams had between 7-9 losses??? No excuse for that. You think those kids came to play for JB or the Dome/TV? He never once won the regular season n Big East title in the same year... while Uconn n Gtown did it numerous times. He's the only coach in America who has 1 game plan, and doesn't adjust his scheme (or lack thereof) regardless of the opponent. His offense can't score and has been a recurring theme for years now. Has he shown to develop the bigs on the team over the last few years... or does he just whine about em when he loses? Does he ever take responsibility for loses? He's Mr. November with numerous early season titles, but when the real tournament starts.. in 40 years, he's reached the Elite 8 only 6 times!!! SIX. He's 6-12 in Sweet 16s. Phenomenal. He has numerous early exits to #15 Richmond, #13 Vermont, #12 A&M, #11 Dayton, #11, Marq, #11 Rhode Island, and a 1986 tourney home loss to Navy. A few upsets are reasonable, but he's had way too many. Overall, he's a decent coach who was lucky enough to have Melo win the title for him, otherwise he'd be the most overrated coach in basketball today.

Oh, dear.

may have been wrong??? MAY??? Drink the JB Kool-aid much? I'd like to hear you or I speak about a kid like that to the media that and get away with it. You'd be tarred 'n feathered.

So what has JB done in 40 years that any Joe Blow off the street couldn't have accomplished? Here are some facts, not opinions...

He was a no-name coach coming in. He was handed the Carrier Dome right at the onset of his career, a powerhouse Big East conference in the 80's which was lucrative for TVs limited gaming options at the time, which naturally led to a bevy of top talent flocking his way to be on national tv and play in front 30k audience... teams that had Addison/Pearl/Coleman/Owens/Douglas/Seikaly/Thompson, etc. All those teams had between 7-9 losses??? No excuse for that. You think those kids came to play for JB or the Dome/TV? He never once won the regular season n Big East title in the same year... while Uconn n Gtown did it numerous times.

He's the only coach in America who has 1 game plan, and doesn't adjust his scheme (or lack thereof) regardless of the opponent. His offense can't score and has been a recurring theme for years now. Has he shown to develop the bigs on the team over the last few years... or does he just whine about em when he loses? Does he ever take responsibility for loses?

He's Mr. November with numerous early season titles, but when the real tournament starts.. in 40 years, he's reached the Elite 8 only 6 times!!! SIX. He's 6-12 in Sweet 16s. Phenomenal. He has numerous early exits to #15 Richmond, #13 Vermont, #12 A&M, #11 Dayton, #11, Marq, #11 Rhode Island, and a 1986 tourney home loss to Navy. A few upsets are reasonable, but he's had way too many.

Overall, he's a decent coach who was lucky enough to have Melo win the title for him, otherwise he'd be the most overrated coach in basketball today.
There's not enough time in the day to respond to this...

Spock344 said:
may have been wrong??? MAY??? Drink the JB Kool-aid much? I'd like to hear you or I speak about a kid like that to the media that and get away with it. You'd be tarred 'n feathered. So what has JB done in 40 years that any Joe Blow off the street couldn't have accomplished? Here are some facts, not opinions... He was a no-name coach coming in. He was handed the Carrier Dome right at the onset of his career, a powerhouse Big East conference in the 80's which was lucrative for TVs limited gaming options at the time, which naturally led to a bevy of top talent flocking his way to be on national tv and play in front 30k audience... teams that had Addison/Pearl/Coleman/Owens/Douglas/Seikaly/Thompson, etc. All those teams had between 7-9 losses??? No excuse for that. You think those kids came to play for JB or the Dome/TV? He never once won the regular season n Big East title in the same year... while Uconn n Gtown did it numerous times. He's the only coach in America who has 1 game plan, and doesn't adjust his scheme (or lack thereof) regardless of the opponent. His offense can't score and has been a recurring theme for years now. Has he shown to develop the bigs on the team over the last few years... or does he just whine about em when he loses? Does he ever take responsibility for loses? He's Mr. November with numerous early season titles, but when the real tournament starts.. in 40 years, he's reached the Elite 8 only 6 times!!! SIX. He's 6-12 in Sweet 16s. Phenomenal. He has numerous early exits to #15 Richmond, #13 Vermont, #12 A&M, #11 Dayton, #11, Marq, #11 Rhode Island, and a 1986 tourney home loss to Navy. A few upsets are reasonable, but he's had way too many. Overall, he's a decent coach who was lucky enough to have Melo win the title for him, otherwise he'd be the most overrated coach in basketball today.

1. This post proved my point.

2. Did you listen to the actual presser?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom