OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

Usually not a Rye guy but this has become a new favorite and cheap (if you can find it)

OK experts. Need to buy a bottle of bourbon for a gift. $200.00 what's the consensus for that price point?

For a novice or a whiskey guy or girl? And, I'd do 2 bottles at half that before I'd spend that much on 1 bottle.

OK experts. Need to buy a bottle of bourbon for a gift. $200.00 what's the consensus for that price point?
For a novice or a whiskey guy or girl?
Great point. If it’s for a novice no reason ever to spend $200. I assume it’s for a connoisseur ?

Old Fitz 16 yr bottled in bond is supposedly amazing. If you can find it. Was released this spring $200
1603404282957.png

Last edited:
Thanks all! Yes connoisseur and trying to make a splash as they helped seal a large deal for me.

Brown Forman quality control is exemplary.

Get some Evan Williams or Very Old Barton 100 bonded. Straight up steals.
[/QUOTE

I love my Evan Williams BIB. It is sitting next to my Old Forester 1920. I got into Bourbon by chasing all the hot names at the time. Now I find so much pleasure in finding great taste in the cheapest form. I am adding you recommendation of Very Old Barton 100 bonded to my list. I am in Missouri so I’m not sure it’s here, but I will definitely keep an eye out! Thanks!

Do you really need a $200 single bottle? You could buy each expression of the jack daniels signature barrel selection for less. Or there is a great Jefferson reserve wood experiment tasting pack for 120.

I will say this over and over again about whiskey. Price is not always the key, especially with regards to retail mark up. It’s what are you looking for. And if someone asked me if I wanted 200$ on one bottle to never drink and have on a shelf or 4 $50 dollar incredible bottle to enjoy with friends, that’s an easy call.

If I'm looking to spend in the neighborhood of $200 for a thank you gift for someone I'd do 2, maybe 3 bottles like Booker's Boston Batch ($80-90), Barrell Bourbon batch 24 ($80) and Four Roses single barrel ($45) or Old Forester 1920($45) or Wild Turkey Rare Breed ($45). But I know where you're coming from. A trophy bottle makes a statement.

If I'm looking to spend in the neighborhood of $200 for a thank you gift for someone I'd do 2, maybe 3 bottles like Booker's Boston Batch ($80-90), Barrell Bourbon batch 24 ($80) and Four Roses single barrel ($45) or Old Forester 1920($45) or Wild Turkey Rare Breed ($45). But I know where you're coming from. A trophy bottle makes a statement.
This is such a good point.

Barrel 24? Is that made and gone?

If you're local, Pascales has it
good to know - I've had a batch I liked and one that I was more eh about. Thank you.

I hear you. Since I work for a distributor and sell at wholesale price i forget that not everyone can see the mark up, especially with regards to bourbon. Best example George t stagg wholesale at 80 and on the shelf at 800, don’t get me started on pappy.

a brand I sell Jefferson reserve has a marque called “twin oak” that is incredibly delicious and just went out of inventory in most markets and is most likely discontinued. Should be 100 to 150 on the shelf and is a great buy if you can find. Actually many of the older Marques of Jefferson are.

outside of bourbon, there are some exceptional scotches and Irish whiskies in that range that our outstanding and also done in “vintages” such as Midleton

Whiskey is a wide world and fun to explore

Don't know where you're located but Empire wine and spirits in Albany has Elijah Craig 18 for $199.99.

Thinking of some game day “value brand” recommendations as I feel like it’s going to be a long one today:

Evan Williams bonded 18$
Evan Williams single barrel $30
Old Forester 100 $24
Gentleman jack $26
Rebel yell $22
For roses yellow $21
Weller $20 (if you can find it)
Buffalo trace $25
Bernheim wheat $27
Powers gold $25
Monkey shoulder scotch $30
Woodford reserve $35
Redemption rye $30

good luck today!

Thinking of some game day “value brand” recommendations as I feel like it’s going to be a long one today:

Evan Williams bonded 18$
Evan Williams single barrel $30
Old Forester 100 $24
Gentleman jack $26
Rebel yell $22
For roses yellow $21
Weller $20 (if you can find it)
Buffalo trace $25
Bernheim wheat $27
Powers gold $25
Monkey shoulder scotch $30
Woodford reserve $35
Redemption rye $30

good luck today!
Southern W&S?

If you find it at retail let me know.
I'm in Rochester. I found 1 retail about 3 months ago and haven't seen it since. The barrel proof is around $60 and almost as good at 12 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom