OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

I just opened Blood Oath, Pact No. 6., finished in cognac barrels, over the weekend. I tried to post, but the image was too big. A great bottle. It makes me want to search out the earlier Pacts.
So they do all of them differently. So the earlier pacts wont be that similar. I have one of these I haven't opened yet, excited about it.

I recently finished a Rabbit Hole Dareringer which is finished in sherry casks. It is a little expensive, but very tasty.

So they do all of them differently. So the earlier pacts wont be that similar. I have one of these I haven't opened yet, excited about it.

I recently finished a Rabbit Hole Dareringer which is finished in sherry casks. It is a little expensive, but very tasty.
Each one is different. The sixth one was delicious. I think I'm going to pour some now

I just had Peerless Bourbon. It is a sweet mash and not a sour mash. It is different. A little astringent, not sweet, and a lot of spice

IMG_3823.jpeg
Since I'm having trouble finding my some of my favorites in PA and some have gone up by 25%, I decided to start trying some unknowns in a lower price range. Resurgent is a PA creation and Tin Cup is from CO (I may have fallen for the metal shot glass marketing). Neither is great but fine for mixing (or if you like a lot of ice;)). I was allowed to buy one bottle each of Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare (which I haven't even seen in stores since February).

Last edited:
I almost forgot! They had an authentic used (empty) Buffalo Trace barrel for sale. It was $299.99. If anyone wants it, I'd be willing to transport it to Syracuse.

I almost forgot! They had an authentic used (empty) Buffalo Trace barrel for sale. It was $299.99. If anyone wants it, I'd be willing to transport it to Syracuse.
Maybe. My neighbor is making his own sour mash (moonshine) and would be bourbon if aged

Smuggler's Notch Rum aged in bourbon barrels is pretty damn good
Picked up a bottle of the Straight Bourbon today. Can’t wait to try it tomorrow.

The bar in my basement lair is currently stocked with the following:

The Macallan 12 Year
The Macallan Enigma
The Macallan Edition #5
Bunnahabhain Stiureadair
Johnnie Walker Black Label
Jefferson's Reserve
Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 17
Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 21 Cask Strength
John F. Fitzgerald Larceny
Uncle Nearest 1856
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Buffalo Trace

Drove down to virginia and spent an evening at 3 Crosses Distillary. Best. Bourbon. I. Have. Ever. Had.

I bought a case to bring back (to another state).

I posted earlier in this thread that Basil Hayden was my daily drinker. Well move over because I found one better (and slightly cheaper). It‘s dangerously smooth.

The Macallan 12 Year
The Macallan Enigma
The Macallan Edition #5
Bunnahabhain Stiureadair
Jefferson's Reserve
Uncle Nearest 1856
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Buffalo Trace
Some excellent stuff there! Lots that I would love to try but have never seen, in person!

The Macallan 12 Year
The Macallan Enigma
The Macallan Edition #5
Bunnahabhain Stiureadair
Jefferson's Reserve
Uncle Nearest 1856
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Buffalo Trace

a) "Lair" is way, way cooler than "man cave." I hope that catches on.
b) What do you think about the Jefferson's Ocean(s)?

a) "Lair" is way, way cooler than "man cave." I hope that catches on.
b) What do you think about the Jefferson's Ocean(s)?

I really like the Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea, it's why I have two (it was three) of them. They're all different. I almost picked up a Voyage 20 today but bought the Woodford and the Four Roses instead. My drinks of choice lately have been Kentucky Mules, Whiskey Sours and Old Fashioneds. Although I'm presently drinking a Pimm's and Ginger.

Something to get us through the holidays.

Speaking of the holidays, I just bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream. It compares favorably in comparison to Baileys Irish. Of course made with Kentucky Bourbon rather than Irish whiskey. Anyone who appreciates a cream liquoer may want to give it a try.

Speaking of the holidays, I just bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream. It compares favorably in comparison to Baileys Irish. Of course made with Kentucky Bourbon rather than Irish whiskey. Anyone who appreciates a cream liquoer may want to give it a try.
I was recently at Buffalo Trace for a tour and tasting. Great tour - highly recommend it. The samples for the tastings were Wheatley Vodka, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and Bourbon Cream. The Wheatley was a pretty darn good vodka. I'm usually a Tito's fan but I bought a bottle to take home and could be convinced to switch. Buffalo Trace is my go to because you can mix it or drink it straight and be pretty happy either way. Eagle Rare is a step up from Buffalo Trace in smoothness but a step down in versatility since it seems to lose something with mixing. Then came the cream. I was not looking forward to it since I generally don't care for such rich and sweet items. The first sip was still pretty good. They use real cream so it is definitely rich but the bourbon part shines through. Then we were provided with their house root beer and mixed the remainder 50/50 with the root beer. Wow- it brought back memories of my dad making me root beer floats as a kid. It was tremendous. I'm still not a sweet drink person but I did bring home a bottle. It will be great for a decadent Holiday treat!

I finally got my hands on some Barr Hill Tom Cat Gin- aged in old bourbon barrels. It is tremendous. I highly recommend it, particularly for whisky drinkers who think they don't like gin. Here's a photo to show the color. I always have at least one Vizsla dog, each named after a Scotch because of the color of their coat. That's Auchentoshan (Tosh) photo bombing.
IMG_2208.jpg

View attachment 190176 Since I'm having trouble finding my some of my favorites in PA and some have gone up by 25%, I decided to start trying some unknowns in a lower price range. Resurgent is a PA creation and Tin Cup is from CO (I may have fallen for the metal shot glass marketing). Neither is great but fine for mixing (or if you like a lot of ice;)). I was allowed to buy one bottle each of Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare (which I haven't even seen in stores since February).
Just an fyi, Tin Cup is distilled and aged in Indiana. They also just recently started claiming it was cut with Rocky Mountain spring water and a little bit of CO whiskey. I think it was because they got a lot of pushback by the marketing gimmick to pretend it's CO. I spend time at a cabin in Tin Cup, CO, I brought a bottle of that up there years ago when it first came out, thinking this is gonna be great, just to have everyone burst my bubble explaining that to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom