OT: Cisse | Syracusefan.com

OT: Cisse

And I thought Luka Modric's goal today was beautiful... This is unreal. Papiss Cisse was a huge signing for Newcastle, he's been a huge asset since the January transfer window for them.

And I thought Luka Modric's goal today was beautiful... This is unreal. Papiss Cisse was a huge signing for Newcastle, he's been a huge asset since the January transfer window for them.
I think Wynalda said it last weekend that he was averaging a goal every 54 minutes of playing time since joining Newcastle

I think Wynalda said it last weekend that he was averaging a goal every 54 minutes of playing time since joining Newcastle
He now has 13 goals in 12 EPL games. Crazy good.

Unreal. One of the better goals of the past few seasons.

Who'da thunk that Newcastle would be playing UCL next year?

Unreal. One of the better goals of the past few seasons.

Who'da thunk that Newcastle would be playing UCL next year?
They aren't playing UCL.

3rd Arsenal 66 pts GD 24
4th Spurs 65 pts GD 23
5th Newcastle 65 pts GD 9

They have a much tougher schedule than the gunners and spurs mainly since they play Man City. I think Spurs jumps Arsenal and finishes 3. Newcastle ends up being odd man out.

They aren't playing UCL.

3rd Arsenal 66 pts GD 24
4th Spurs 65 pts GD 23
5th Newcastle 65 pts GD 9

They have a much tougher schedule than the gunners and spurs mainly since they play Man City. I think Spurs jumps Arsenal and finishes 3. Newcastle ends up being odd man out.

My bad -- for some reason I thought that Newcastle was up three points with Spurs, maybe Spurs had a game in hand last I checked the table.

I would love to see Newcastle play title spoilers this weekend.

Simply, that is one of the more amazing strikes you'll ever see. Just breathtaking.

My bad -- for some reason I thought that Newcastle was up three points with Spurs, maybe Spurs had a game in hand last I checked the table.

I would love to see Newcastle play title spoilers this weekend.

Why?

Because you are a Newcastle fan?
Because you are a Manchester United fan?
Because you just like to see havoc at the end of the season (e.g The Orioles beating th Red Sox at the end of the 2011 season)?
Because you don't like Manchester City?

I think the greater human interest story is Man City coming from 8 pts down to tie Man U and win on Goal Differential.

Of course, you guys know that if Chelsea beats Bayern Munich on 5/19 that 4th place in the EPL is devalued.

Why?

Because you just like to see havoc at the end of the season (e.g The Orioles beating th Red Sox at the end of the 2011 season)?

I think the greater human interest story is Man City coming from 8 pts down to tie Man U and win on Goal Differential.

Of course, you guys know that if Chelsea beats Bayern Munich on 5/19 that 4th place in the EPL is devalued.
If City does not get 3 vs. Newcastle, i think it does, actually, end up being more anticlimactic than if they were to blow the doors off of Newcastle and QPR. What an up and down season at the top, though. Through the beginning of January, City looked unstoppable, like the mid-2000s Suns with the mid-2000s Pistons defense. It seemed like the Tevez and Balo drama kinda got them off track, and they eventually played up to their potential again this past month. Also, the same could be said about Arsenal. they looked awful through the beginning of the season and really came on strong after the first 1/3.

I don't think City is going anywhere, either. Mansour is looking into building a new stadium, or possibly just add to the Etihad in the next decade or so, and has already tinkered with plans for that. Plus, the solid core of players who are relatively young. Need to get Nasri back and keep Aguero happy. Hart wouldn't go; so you've got probably the best keeper in the EPL back there...they remind me a bit of the Phillies in the mid-late 2000s, finally spending and seeing results and bringing in big names.

I love goals like this- My jaw literally dropped when that ball went in.

I didn't know so many people followed the Premier League on this board.

Phenomenal strike.

Even though I speak pretty well
по русски
, that Russian commentator's carnival barker tone was still hilarious.

Вот так!

I wonder if Marv Albert and Gus Johnson sound to Russians like this guy did to me.

I am the least likely guy to ever develop an interest... But after attending some EPL games and some La Liga games, I am hooked. This interest may be an evolution from all the lax and basketball I have watched. Add to this Fox Soccer Channel and HD TV and I watch a lot of games. Large screen TV and HD MAKE a huge difference vs years ago when I watched Arsenal on that 21" Motorola.

I still haven't developed any strong interest in any particular club. I have players I like alot based on their skill. Rooney, Suarez, Nasri, Torres, Lampard, Tevez and Van Persie and Chistiano and Messi, of course. These guys are tremendous athletes.

And this one the other night:

Why?

Pretty much because I'd find it entertaining. I don't have a rooting interest in European soccer, I just enjoy watching the games.

From the weekend. And in the discussion for goal of the season. The movement on that ball is ridiculous.
Big Kyle Walker fan and very happy he committed to Spurs until 2017 today. Hopefully Spurs make a push to sign Ade this summer or somehow get Hazard. Can't wait to see them play the NY Red Bulls in July.

Big Kyle Walker fan and very happy he committed to Spurs until 2017 today. Hopefully Spurs make a push to sign Ade this summer or somehow get Hazard. Can't wait to see them play the NY Red Bulls in July.

you a big Spurs fan? Not sold on Ade. Takes too many games off for me, and sloppily loses possession all the time. anyway, you think you could get him to take a wage cut to sign at the Lane? He's on like 150k at City right, and they're covering a big portion of his wage during the loan?

Spurs would def need to be able to offer CL football to have a chance at Hazard.

I don't really have a team in the EPL, but I've kind of come into supporting Newcastle and Spurs. On paper, Spurs has the talent to challenge the top teams year in year out if they can keep the group together. Newcastles poachers that can finish anything they get a foot to is intriguing. Also love Cheik Tiote. Up there with Parker as best holding mid in the league. Plus, Hatem Ben Arfa and Cabaye offer enough creativity to feed and play in Ba and Cisse, and danger on their own. Also impressed with the relatively small amount of dosh Pardew has spent to get those key guys in.

you a big Spurs fan? Not sold on Ade. Takes too many games off for me, and sloppily loses possession all the time. anyway, you think you could get him to take a wage cut to sign at the Lane? He's on like 150k at City right, and they're covering a big portion of his wage during the loan?

Spurs would def need to be able to offer CL football to have a chance at Hazard.

I don't really have a team in the EPL, but I've kind of come into supporting Newcastle and Spurs. On paper, Spurs has the talent to challenge the top teams year in year out if they can keep the group together. Newcastles poachers that can finish anything they get a foot to is intriguing. Also love Cheik Tiote. Up there with Parker as best holding mid in the league. Plus, Hatem Ben Arfa and Cabaye offer enough creativity to feed and play in Ba and Cisse, and danger on their own. Also impressed with the relatively small amount of dosh Pardew has spent to get those key guys in.

After following the EPL for a few full seasons, I decided to support Spurs. I know Ade takes some plays off but he's as good of a striker as they have had in a while. If they can get him at a good price I'm fine with it.

Their whole offseason banks on if they can get CL football. If that's the case, I think they get Vertonghen, Kasper Schmiechel, and Wijnaldum. Those three would be great, and if we can somehow hold onto Luka Modric and Gareth Bale I will be very happy. Hazard is going to be a tough signing but it seems like Spurs are ready to offer the money, it just depends if the Manchester teams offer more.

Newcastle's one of the other teams I do have a soft spot for just because they have a lot of likable guys that play hard. Would love to see the Toon and Spurs in the CL over Arsenal.

Soccer has really gained in popularity the past couple years since the World Cup. Not so much for MLS, but for European games, the ratings are getting pretty good.

Tiote will be gone soon. Too many teams want him and will pay for him. I would love to see him at Chelsea. He's the perfect replacement for Michael Essien, who appears to be done after his last ACL. Just a shadow of himself this season.

After following the EPL for a few full seasons, I decided to support Spurs. I know Ade takes some plays off but he's as good of a striker as they have had in a while. If they can get him at a good price I'm fine with it.

Their whole offseason banks on if they can get CL football. If that's the case, I think they get Vertonghen, Kasper Schmiechel, and Wijnaldum. Those three would be great, and if we can somehow hold onto Luka Modric and Gareth Bale I will be very happy. Hazard is going to be a tough signing but it seems like Spurs are ready to offer the money, it just depends if the Manchester teams offer more.

Newcastle's one of the other teams I do have a soft spot for just because they have a lot of likable guys that play hard. Would love to see the Toon and Spurs in the CL over Arsenal.

Hazard won't wind up with Spurs. It'll be Chelsea or one the Man's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom