Class of 2014 - OT/DE Beau Benzschawel (WI) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OT/DE Beau Benzschawel (WI) Offered

Beau Benzschawel@BeauBench 6h
@MNelson_ISU They pulled my offer because 2 OT's already committed. I would have loved to be a Cyclone, didn't know there was a time limit..

Kid is from a far north suburb of Milwaukee...he should love the weather in Syracuse. :)
We offer slightly warmer but snowier winters and similar looking landscapes as WI. Also, we offer world class fishing within an hour.

Might be in the driver seat. I think we are the only BCS offer now

@BeauBench: @MNelson_ISU They pulled my offer because 2 OT's already committed. I would have loved to be a Cyclone, didn't know there was a time limit..

# 59 rated tackle who is 6'6" and 250 pounds is the perfect size to develop into a real good tackle, much easier to turn into a solid frame.

Might be in the driver seat. I think we are the only BCS offer now

@BeauBench: @MNelson_ISU They pulled my offer because 2 OT's already committed. I would have loved to be a Cyclone, didn't know there was a time limit..

ISU was the only one before Su offered. Hope he sets up an official soon...
so I can add it to the calendar;)

Beau better read this...a fishing tournament up in the 1000 Islands

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/section/col10
By MIKE SEYMOUR
JOHNSON NEWSPAPER

First published: August 11, 2013 at 5:00 am
Last modified: August 10, 2013 at 7:18 pm

DAVE SHEA N JOHNSON NEWSPAPERS​
Bradley Roy, of Lancaster, Ky., calls the St. Lawrence River region the most ‘people place’ he has ever seen.

WADDINGTON — As I watched Day One weigh-in at the Evan Williams Bourbon Showdown on the St. Lawrence River at Waddington, I was impressed by the catches and comments of the 99 elite anglers. Part way through the weigh-in, I started jotting down some of the angler’s comments, and those comments comprise today’s column.
Josh Bertrand of Gilbert, Ariz. who is a newcomer on the pro circuit: “Boy, this is such a healthy river. The fish here are just so fat.”
Keith Combs of Huntington, Texas, who has appeared in two Classics: “This is really an unbelievable fishery.”
John Crews of Salem, Va., who has appeared in seven Classics: “This place is awesome. You guys have a fantastic fishery.”
Todd Faircloth of Jasper, Texas, who has appeared in 11 Classics: “There’s a lot of big ones out there. It’s a great place and a great crowd.”
Shaw Grisby of Gainesville, Fla.: “This is an amazing place. I love clear waters and big smallmouth. These are the best fighting fish in the world, and I love coming up here to fish for them.”
Kevin Hawk of Ramona, Calif., who is a Forrest Wood Champion: “This is one of the most fun and most scenic places I have ever fished.”
Jamie Horton of Centerville, Ala.: “Man, what a great place to fish. I bet I caught 70 fish today. What a lot of fun.”
Randy Howell of Springville, Ala., who has appeared in 18 Classics: “This is the most amazing fishery. It needs to be number one on the B.A.S.S. list.”
Kelly Jordan of Mineola, Texas, who has appeared in nine Classics: “Man, I had a lot of fun. Everybody’s saying what a cool place this is.”
Mike Iaconelli of Runnemede, N.J., who is a Classic Champion: “I fish all over the world, and this is one of the best smallmouth bass waters I’ve ever seen.”
Chris Lane of Guntersville, Ala., who is a Classic Champion: “This is a great town and a great fishery.”
Jared Lintner of Arroyo, Calif., who has appeared in four Classics: “My arm started hurting from catching all those smallmouths on my spinning rod.”
Billy McCaghren of Mayflower, Ariz., who is a Classic Champion: “It’s a beautiful place. This is a great crowd, and I’m loving it.”
Bitt Meyers of Mt. Holly, N.C., who has placed in the money 41 times: “It’s a lot of fun to fish a place where the nearest competitor is two miles away.”
Chad Pipkens of Holt, Mich., who is a newcomer on the pro circuit: “This place is unreal. There are 24, 25-pound bags out there.”
Derek Remitz of Grant, Ala., who has been in three Classics: “This is pretty fun. You start out in the morning catching, and you end up the day catching them.”
Bradley Roy of Lancaster, Ky., who is the youngest angler to ever compete at the pro level: “This is the most beautiful place I have ever fished.”
Casey Scanlon of Lenexa, Kan., who is a Classic Champion: “There’s a lot of fish here. It’s been a fun day. This is a great town.”
Kevin Short of Mayflower, Ark., who has appeared in two Classics: “I think I like this place better than any place I have ever been.”
Brian Snowden of Reeds Spring, Mo., who has appeared in five Classics: “These smallmouth are just amazing. You guys have a great fishery, and I hope to come back here.”
Todd Tucker of Moultrie, Ga., who brought 18 pounds, six ounces of bass to the scales: “This is the best hospitality we’ve ever had.”
Kevin VanDam of Kalamazoo, Mich., who is a four-time Classic Champion: “These fish are so healthy. They are a great testament to the fishery here. We don’t see fish this fat anywhere we go.”
David Walker of Sevierville, Tenn., who has appeared in eight Classics: “What a great event. This is an awesome place.”

Can we please stop with this fishing stuff? The kid isn't picking a school based on the fishing, and if he did, he'd have his priorities very mixed up.

Great post Mark! We do forget sometimes how lucky we are to live in this region.

Can we please stop with this fishing stuff? The kid isn't picking a school based on the fishing, and if he did, he'd have his priorities very mixed up.
I think we have a great chance to reel him in! Perhaps all this fishing talk will lure him here. He will be a big fish in a small pond here! All we can do is cast our lines and hope he bites!

About once or twice a season (I have a camp near Sackets Harbor)...we might try to get a foursome together to play in late Aug/early Sept.
Sounds fun I'd love try to join. PM me if you are planning to play. Thus concludes my non-football related posts on this thread :)

He is a fisher and a hunter... He would instantly become my favorite player right off the bat.

Beau Benzschawel@BeauBench 6h
Syracuse showing their love! pic.twitter.com/vJlsmWcoGE

View photo Hide photo

I love what the coaches are doing, unlike schools like Alabama who have standard generated letters they send out in the hundreds each day sometimes to the same kid. This kid is coming here can you can sense he is hardnosed and a perfect fit here. Mark him down boys, another under valued Justin Pugh is on the way!

you obviously know nothing about past Syracuse teams and it's players
Suter and Catalina were huge fisherman in their time here if i remember correctly

Suter and Catalina were huge fisherman in their time here if i remember correctly

Suter and Mike Jones still fish constantly. Pretty sure neither of them work, just fish and pack horseshoes in their lips.

Different sport but GMac too. And further back Rosie.

Suter and Mike Jones still fish constantly. Pretty sure neither of them work, just fish and pack horseshoes in their lips.

they have jobs

they have jobs

image.png

things appear to be looking well on this one and he plans on visiting in the Fall. i would like to have him in Orange.

things appear to be looking well on this one and he plans on visiting in the Fall. i would like to have him in Orange.

Good he looks like a future OT to me. Wish Cody was still on our staff...i.e in regards to young Beau.