Class of 2014 - OT/DE Beau Benzschawel (WI) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OT/DE Beau Benzschawel (WI) Offered

TE until he grows into an OT.

So we have Moore and this kid, then Roberts who all project at OT.

Not sure why people are getting into a fuss, especially when our current starting OT's and the primary backup are due back next year.

So we have Moore and this kid, then Roberts who all project at OT.

Not sure why people are getting into a fuss, especially when our current starting OT's and the primary backup are due back next year.

I think Roberts was recruited as a guard. I know Moore impressed at TE so far this season, but personally I hope he ends up at OT. He does look really skinny right now though for an OT, he would have to put on at least 30lbs.

I know Beau is going to come in at TE, then transition to OT, but I would just assume come in and go to work at OT right away so you can get reps in. Plus you have an excuse to stuff your face in order to put on weight. That has to be one of the best parts of changing the positions. Imagine a 6000 calorie diet!!

How big is Beau? If you're doing a recruiting story, height and weight are musts.

Who cares. If we used are present tight ends we would open up the game quite a bit. Especially since they all of fairly decent hands and can throw some meat around. If he came here to catch, sorry about your luck.

Welcome to Syracuse Beau...We are glad to have you!
Welcome Beau!

Found this on his last name:

Benzschawel Name MeaningGerman: probably an altered form of Binsschaubel or -schäubel, a nickname for a tall, skinny man, from Middle High German biese (modern German Binse) ‘reed’ + schoup ‘bundle’, or from a house name with a sign depicting this. EXG.

The key to re-establishing our program is to get a lot of guys like Beau; tall athletic kids that can run. They can fill a lot of holes and you can build a team around them. Coach Mac did this early in his career, looks to be happening again.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Welcome Beau!

The key to re-establishing our program is to get a lot of guys like Beau; tall athletic kids that can run. They can fill a lot of holes and you can build a team around them. Coach Mac did this early in his career, looks to be happening again.

Good stuff.
Exactly! Welcome Beau!

I'd love to steal one on those stinkin Badgers, welcome aboard!

I was in Wisconsin a year ago and it was pretty cool on a Friday night having a lot of the high school games on TV.

Could he end up at DE?? At 6'6 250 that's a big pass rusher awith his height he could disrupt passes.

Could he end up at DE?? At 6'6 250 that's a big pass rusher awith his height he could disrupt passes.

I think this is one thing that is possibly too ignored, are having good knowledgeable adaptable coaches that know how to plug and play their players by putting them in a position that can help both the player and team get the most bang for the buck so to speak. I understand putting players in a position of need that they might not be talented enough for but if you have coaches that can recognize strengths and weaknesses and get the optimal use of each player per position you have yourself a pretty good team. This young man seems to be able to play a lot of different positions and as you pointed out, DE as well.

Is there any good film of him? I watched those hudl clips and well it was like watching a 6-6 250# kid at Tully – if you catch my drift. He's going against kids 100 lbs smaller than him.

I just can't see TE and yet he needs to gain a lot of weight to play OT.

Perfect type of recruit for us. Big time programs don't offer because he needs to gain 30 lbs. Lets bring him in and get him in the weight room.

Welcome Beau!

Found this on his last name:

Benzschawel Name MeaningGerman: probably an altered form of Binsschaubel or -schäubel, a nickname for a tall, skinny man, from Middle High German biese (modern German Binse) ‘reed’ + schoup ‘bundle’, or from a house name with a sign depicting this. EXG.

Benzschawel is really Hilby the skinny German juggle boy. :D

1098311_603278203043811_864698473_n.jpg

Is there any good film of him? I watched those hudl clips and well it was like watching a 6-6 250# kid at Tully – if you catch my drift. He's going against kids 100 lbs smaller than him.

I just can't see TE and yet he needs to gain a lot of weight to play OT.

There are some Hudl highlights from this season but he is still bigger than most of the other players.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/817937/highlights/69541703