Class of 2023 - OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama

I think this is a perfect confluence of situations that should lend itself to a decommit and him coming here.

Sometimes, though, it doesn't work like that. Only time will tell. I think we will be fine either way.
If he wants to get into the CFP he should come here.

it's interesting, the normal thing to say to Betrand would be to come to SU to get a quicker path to playing time. if he sticks with A&M, he might be able to play all 22 positions at once at the rate things are going

yeah and I think texas A&M will have a tough time building much if they can't keep guys there. There is worth in struggling and working through it

I love this response to his tweet about visiting A&M:
1666724908679.png

While I don't know if there ARE any ethical lines that haven't been crossed in college football any more, Texas A & M got precisely what they bargained for with their spending spree.

Awash in oil money, they didn't hide the fact that they in essence were buying players. How many of those players do you think have any allegiance to the school as opposed to the $$'s they are making there? Any?

The school and their alumni spread the money around just like a wildcatter whose first gusher came in.

The players were only too happy to pocket that money. To suggest that it kinda took the edge off their commitment to sacrifice in practice and on the football field would be quite the understatement.

While I don't know if there ARE any ethical lines that haven't been crossed in college football any more, Texas A & M got precisely what they bargained for with their spending spree.

Awash in oil money, they didn't hide the fact that they in essence were buying players. How many of those players do you think have any allegiance to the school as opposed to the $$'s they are making there? Any?

The school and their alumni spread the money around just like a wildcatter whose first gusher came in.

The players were only too happy to pocket that money. To suggest that it kinda took the edge off their commitment to sacrifice in practice and on the football field would be quite the understatement.
I think this is hilarious. I hope people keep giving big-time money to first year athletes that turn out to be busts, and then I hope the whole system collapses on itself

I've got a philosophical question for the board: "If a recruit visits A&M and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
Tree.jpg

I think this is a perfect confluence of situations that should lend itself to a decommit and him coming here.

Sometimes, though, it doesn't work like that. Only time will tell. I think we will be fine either way.
He might get there and the players will run him off

The boosters won’t bat an eye at $90mm… but if someone like Jimbo can’t do it, who are they going to get?
Jimbo sucks. Hes not a good coach.

Jimbo sucks. Hes not a good coach.
I could have told you that when he was going to A&M. He was the one who tanked FSU. He destroyed their O-line. And since then FSU has just played the Cleveland Browns of college switching coaches every couple of years.

Reading through Twitter sounds like there is trouble brewing in Aggie Land...fractured team, weed in the locker room, players put on indefinite suspension. Complaints that Freshman only signed for the NIL money that was offered.

Maybe Betrand will come to his senses and reconsider his Syracuse offer.
Gee...who could a seen that coming?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom