OT- I Stewart. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT- I Stewart.

I ran into George Muresan at a shop in Aruba once. I instinctively said “Hey George!” He responded right away with “no chance boss, no chance.” I never even got the words out to ask for a pic but he knew. Then I moved on happy knowing the story is better than the pic anyway.

That is hilarious! Lol.

Gheorge Muresan cologne, and Gheorge dancing to ESPN’s “new theme music” are easily two of the top 10 funniest tv commercials of all time.

Not that Stewart was at the time but it completely confuses me why any adult would ask another adult they don't know to take a picture together. So bizarre. Trying to get likes on stupid facebook or aomething I guess? Oh I met this guy, no you didn't. Stood next to them and made their life worse momentarily maybe.

Many people were doing this with the NFL guys who were at the SU hoops game last week. So creepy.

Guys we randomly ran into who we spent at least 15 minutes conversing with: Dick Vitale, Michael Douglas and Luis Gonzalez. All three were very nice.

Love this from Devo!!!

Attachments

• F8E37E03-1EA3-4C62-9D7A-0918460ACDEC.png
    F8E37E03-1EA3-4C62-9D7A-0918460ACDEC.png
    858.2 KB · Views: 233

Huh

I would never do it in the times you mentioned out of respect for him. I've tried a couple times after wins, but never losses "we almost never lose :)"

One time when I moved back to Syracuse I was at the Melo Center checking it out and saw him walking around I asked and he kind of thought about it for a few seconds and was like "ehhhhhh, I don't think so, maybe next time". I must catch him at the wrong times :(. I'll try Delmonicos, I would really like a picture to throw up on the man cave with the rest of my Syracuse things. :(

I know from personal experience that he will turn down pictures.

I've asked probably 20 times, politely every single time and a few times with my step kids, denied every time.

Not one inappropriate setting, not after a loss, and not one time where he appeared to be rushed.

Not that Stewart was at the time but it completely confuses me why any adult would ask another adult they don't know to take a picture together. So bizarre. Trying to get likes on stupid facebook or aomething I guess? Oh I met this guy, no you didn't. Stood next to them and made their life worse momentarily maybe.

Or maybe I'm a huge fan of what hes done for my hometown, my team, and I'd love to have the picture posted along with the countless team posters and thousands of dollars worth of orange crap in a room that's dedicated to the school?

Storm Davis sucked. I don't care what you say.

Anyway, I have an Uncle who was in Rochester at the time John Shelby was on the Red Wings and he swears up and down he and his wife are the nicest two people in the world of sports. They met the wife (maybe GF...I don't know) first somehow at a game...anyway, I never get the full story because every time he tries to tell it I just start yelling, "T-BONE" whenever he says John's name.

So, I texted him and he says john T-BONE shelby would DEFINITELY have signed an autograph for Isaiah Stewart, even if his kid was playing in a basketball game. Said he probably would have bought him popcorn, and maybe some candy too. Probably had him over to the house even.

Mackey Sasser almost got beat up by 10 year old me. That .

One of the nicest guys I've ever met, Oj Simpsons. Not even kidding. 2017 Moondoggies bar in Vegas.

How many times can the word 'petty' be used in this thread

The only thing I can offer here is that more people should model their attitude on me. I am personally willing to take a picture with any of you asshats any time, anywhere.....even if I'm eating dinner with my family.

First of all can you imagine being in 8th grade and this happening. Probably had to muster up the courage to ask him in the first place. Then having all your friends laugh at you for getting rejected. How embarrassing. I would definitely always remember that moment.
Wouldn’t have taken all of 10 seconds.

You are a famous basketball coach. Won a title. Been on tv and movies. You have to accept the notoriety that comes along with it.

I would understand if it’s a grown adult. But it was a kid. A freaking kid.

With that being said I’ll always remember meeting Carmelo Anthony. He was still a senior in HS. Played in a local hoop fest. Stuck around on the court after everyone else left to do pics and autographs. Very soft spoken and not very talkative but was really nice and accommodating to everyone.

So a lot of people are comparing JB not taking a pic with IS to denying fans. Is that an accurate comparison? If you're taking the time to watch a kid play because he is a local potential elite recruit, is it not in your best interest to snap a quick pic? Is IS not getting the picture just a small example of how Hop was the one that put forth the effort to build the relationship instead of JB?

It's funny how a bunch of adults are calling the mindset/decision of a teenager petty. That's what teens do sometimes, they act petty.

Direct quote from a kid I know from college who played for City Rocks around multiple p5 targets and was familiar with a few cuse targets.

“Nobody wanted to play for a grumpy old man”

don’t shoot the messenger, wasn’t me saying it. We know Jim can be a great human being.

Direct quote from a kid I know from college who played for City Rocks around multiple p5 targets and was familiar with a few cuse targets.

“Nobody wanted to play for a grumpy old man”

don’t shoot the messenger, wasn’t me saying it. We know Jim can be a great human being.

this likely has truth to it. The syracuse brand and playing for a hof coach are in the plus column. In the negative is likely jb’s gruffness. That being said, hes not the only college head coach to be that way and it doesnt mean hes a bad person. Take the negative with the positive but no doubt that hop helped counterbalance that negative, and hes gone now so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom