Class of 2018 - OT Koda Martin (Texas A&M) Grad Transfer to SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Koda Martin (Texas A&M) Grad Transfer to SYRACUSE

Dakota Davis gotta be in the top 3 backups after starting the Spring game. Looks good on paper-Hope it doesn't adversely affect the chemistry

Yeah...the chemistry thing worries me a bit as well but the upside has so much potential talent wise and depth.

The RBs and OL looked much improved already. Koda was 2nd team all SEC preseason last year. Rated as the 13th best OT in the country by one web site. I think this ensures we will see a 1000 yard rusher at Syracuse for the first time in a while. Welcome Koda.

I guess this proves that when Dino said the program is La Familia, he wasn't just saying it.

His real first name is Dakoda. So we have a Dakota and a Dakoda now. Should we call Davis North Dakota and Martin South Dakoda?

I REALLY want Elmore running behind this line as feature back and getting the bulk of the carries. Wish we weren't moving him to DT.
I’d prefer he stay on the defensive side of the ball.

I think you’ll enjoy the koolaid man though. Mr. Howard.

I REALLY want Elmore running behind this line as feature back and getting the bulk of the carries. Wish we weren't moving him to DT.
Is this real?
So what exactly did he show with his 26 carries for 56 yards that leads us to believe he should get the bulk of the carries?

????? 3 yards and a cloud of dust? Not the way the game is played anymore.
Statistically speaking, he was 2.6 yards and a cloud of dust/recycled tire pellets.

I'm going to assume that the left side of the line is entrenched at this point.

Dakota Davis gotta be in the top 3 backups after starting the Spring game. Looks good on paper-Hope it doesn't adversely affect the chemistry
Yup I was gonna say Dakota Davis too

????? 3 yards and a cloud of dust? Not the way the game is played anymore.
Elmore has no laterally movement. He literally ran like he was told to run into the wall as fast as you can. I like his blocking efforts though

Tom...hopefully his preseason hype from last year translates to 2018.

Aggie thread on him leaving
Koda Martin grad transferring | TexAgs
Yup. He was expected to be their left tackle this season. Played right tackle last year.

The bar for OTs at Texas A&M is high. They have had 4 OTs drafted in the first round since 2013. I like our OL but I feel confident Koda will be our best OT from day one.

2018 Texas A&M Aggies Football Depth Chart | Ourlads.com

Texas A&M OL Koda Martin hoping to continue legacy of excellence

Welcome to Cuse...love the talent infusion here. Hopefully he walks in with the correct attitude and works 110% in the gym, on the field but most importantly with his team mates. Being the coaches son can sometimes be a challenge. I am sure whatever he does will be earned, wishing him hard work and a positive attitude. Go Cuse!

I am a big Cody Conway fan but I would say this is more realistically the starting lineup:

RT - Conway
RG - Adams
C - Servais
LG - Roberts
LT - Martin

Backups - D. Davis, P. Davis, C. Byrne, Clark, Heckel

Nice pipeline going -- 2018 could be a lot of fun if everyone remains healthy.

I am a big Cody Conway fan but I would say this is more realistically the starting lineup:

RT - Conway
RG - Adams
C - Servais
LG - Roberts
LT - Martin

Wouldn't surprise me to see Adams / Roberts indirectly impacted by this--with Heckel potentially displacing one of them @ guard. Sure is nice to have options -- may the best players win.

I think that the ones who might be indirectly impacted could be Adams / Roberts--with Heckel potentially displacing one of them @ guard. May the best players win.

Think you're on to something here. My guess would be Servais moving to guard and Heckel moving to guard. I personally think Aaron is a waste at center. Koda is our RT for the year. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't.

Elmore has no laterally movement. He literally ran like he was told to run into the wall as fast as you can. I like his blocking efforts though
And maybe that's what he was told to do. I think it would be fun to watch him run through a gaping hole and hit the second level with some momentum, but that's not reason enough to give him substantial carries. If he stays on offense, I'd rather see him catch some occasional passes out of the backfield. If he's a back up DT, I could see him get snaps on both sides. I think Dino is creative enough to make that work.

Last edited:
Think you're on to something here. My guess would be Servais moving to guard and Heckel moving to guard. I personally think Aaron is a waste at center. Koda is our RT for the year. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't.
Somebody has to play center though. Sounds like Heckel is strong enough to handle it. I could see Servais displacing Adams or Roberts at a guard position, probably Adams. That would be a really athletic, mobile unit at OL.

I thought Heckel was the weak link last year - literally - he just didnt seem strong enough. I remember watching the NC State game and it looked like after every play he was upright facing the backfield, and his assignment was in on the tackle (not even bradley chubb usually). Is Heckel a better player than Adams? Was he better than Roberts pre-jury (assuming Roberts comes back 100%)? I am legit asking.

RT - Conway
RG - Adams
C - Servais
LG - Roberts
LT - Martin

That Second Team would be 1st Team most years since 2001

2nd team preseason SEC and Fisher wanted him to stay? Manna from heaven baby. OK Martin from heaven at least. This is like recruiting a mid to high 4-star. Great motor, jumbo size, game experience against top-flight competition. What a pick up. Blood is thicker than water.
As others have said: LBers and receivers are the only question marks. We've got the horses every place else to compete and win. Where's my countdown clock?

2nd team preseason SEC and Fisher wanted him to stay? Manna from heaven baby. OK Martin from heaven at least. This is like recruiting a mid to high 4-star. Great motor, jumbo size, game experience against top-flight competition. What a pick up. Blood is thicker than water.
As others have said: LBers and receivers are the only question marks. We've got the horses every place else to compete and win. Where's my countdown clock?

yeah, really hope we bring in a grad transfer WR if someone fits the bill, and if Johnson's grades pan out he will give us more secondary help/depth. LBs are young but talented. Clearly we have our most talented team since 2012, which isn't saying a lot I know, but I like what I see overall.

This is awesome!

Now, for some silly thoughts. When they move up, should they stay with either parent, for a spell... NCAA violation, for living with the coach... Doh... Limited meals with coach...doh...No birthday/Christmas gifts...Doh. Dad cant pick up the tab when they go out to eat...doh. Parents can't cosign a loan... Sorry... couldn't help it.

SU faculty gets free tuition for children, yes? Does it count as a scholly?

Last edited: