OT: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Foot | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Foot

So does the fact that people donated thousands of dollars to a fund for this "fake person" get ND in possible hot water?

I wonder how much this will have an effect on his draft position, if at all?

I would think we're going to find out the truth within the next few days.

Shouldn't be hard to trace the twitter account, look at phone records, etc.

I can't decide between him actually being duped or him being gay and trying to keep his family from finding out about it.

I love the product desription...

"I f*cking hate when that happens. Nothing worse than getting tricked into having a serious long term relationship with somebody who doesn’t exist. That’s the worst. I mean Manti dated this non existent slut for a full year. Imagine all those fake hours he spent on the fake phone fake listening to her fake breathing and ? He’s not going to get those fake days back. Those fake moments are lost forever. Almost like they never even happened. Poor Manti."

Can we actually Confirm 100% the girl never existed. I'm just sayin, but Brian Kelly has killed before. Declan Sullivan who?

This is crazy. Now some dude from the AZ cardinals is saying she is real and that he knew her before Manti knew her. This gets crazier and crazier by the day. There are rumors floating around now that he was trying to hide the fact that he is gay. Good luck getting through the NFL team interviews at the combine. i could only imagine the questions he is going to get asked...

So does the fact that people donated thousands of dollars to a fund for this "fake person" get ND in possible hot water?

I hadn't thought about that. My guess is no, because I'm pretty sure what happened was that Teo duped ND. I;m not sure if anyone affiliated with the university other than Teo was actually in on this. If it turns out that they were, then that sure seems like fraud to me.

I hadn't thought about that. My guess is no, because I'm pretty sure what happened was that Teo duped ND. I;m not sure if anyone affiliated with the university other than Teo was actually in on this. If it turns out that they were, then that sure seems like fraud to me.
It's a tough situation, if you're ND you can't be like "prove to us she's real" but at the same time, you have to do your due diligence. Swarbrick did call Te'O the "most trusting person I've ever met"

It's a tough situation, if you're ND you can't be like "prove to us she's real" but at the same time, you have to do your due diligence. Swarbrick did call Te'O the "most trusting person I've ever met"

Better get him a reputable agent, and quick.

Yeah, I guess the mroe I think about it I see where you're coming from.

It's one thing to just support the guy or whatever, but when you are using her to raise money (I'm assuming they did this, I don't know that part of the story) you do kind of need some proof, right? It's certainly a fine line; there was an ESPN writer who mentioned asking Teo some questions, and looking for an obituary or death certificate or something, but then Teo told him to back off, and he figured the family was just being private, and I guess let it go.

Kind of reminds me of the whole Shirley Funke thing in Arrested Development.

This just in ... Manti Te'o is an elaborate figment of special effects, photoshop, and also a hoax. He does not exist. Story developing...

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-t...tory-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Wow that is unbelievable, I wonder how much backlash there will be

Between this, the tragic death of the kid taping practice, and then the rumors of the Notre Dame players sexually assaulting a girl and her soon after committing suicide, why don't they get more bad publicity but instead made out to be this great cinderella story again?

Now he's out saying he was duped. Dude, nobody tricked you into saying you looked in her eyes, she sent you texts, etc. Those were all supposed first hand accounts of interactions YOU had with her, not somebody else.

To me, this screams "beard". I have to figure the guy is gay, and he created this complicated cover for himself. No one will be able to out you if your "girlfriend" lives far away from where you go to college (so no one will ever see her), and then suddenly she is dead.

Yeah, I guess the mroe I think about it I see where you're coming from.

It's one thing to just support the guy or whatever, but when you are using her to raise money (I'm assuming they did this, I don't know that part of the story) you do kind of need some proof, right? It's certainly a fine line; there was an ESPN writer who mentioned asking Teo some questions, and looking for an obituary or death certificate or something, but then Teo told him to back off, and he figured the family was just being private, and I guess let it go.

Kind of reminds me of the whole Shirley Funke thing in Arrested Development.
Yeah Wojeohowski (spelling?) did the interview with Te'O in October about the deaths. He said he did the research and did not find anything about a car accident or an obiturary or a memorial service. He then asked Te'O if they could reach out to the family, Te'O said no, he also asked if they could publish pictures of her, Te'O again said no.

Now he's out saying he was duped. Dude, nobody tricked you into saying you looked in her eyes, she sent you texts, etc. Those were all supposed first hand accounts of interactions YOU had with her, not somebody else.

To me, this screams "beard". I have to figure the guy is gay, and he created this complicated cover for himself. No one will be able to out you if your "girlfriend" lives far away from where you go to college (so no one will ever see her), and then suddenly she is dead.

Yeah, I think the best possible outcome for Teo here is he was duped at some point, then he just started running with the story, saying he spoke to her every night, went to visit her, etc.

The worst case is he was in on the lie from the start. (which is what I think it is). But either way, he was deceiving a lot of people for a long while.

Yeah, I think the best possible outcome for Teo here is he was duped at some point, then he just started running with the story, saying he spoke to her every night, went to visit her, etc.

The worst case is he was in on the lie from the start. (which is what I think it is). But either way, he was deceiving a lot of people for a long while.
Agreed on both points.

Maybe it's just me, but if my girlfriend got diagnosed with leukemia and got in a horrible car accident, I'd visit her at least once...

Can someone give me a synopsis of the original story?

if my girlfriend was accidently hit by a car it'd be the clairol born blonde border run for me.
peterson_scott.jpg

Cowherd just said that ND has instructed staff to keep their mouth shut "or else" and if they speak to the media about this "they will never work for ND again"

are you serious?

@JadeveonClowny: If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son Manti Teo has 99 problems but a girl ain't one.
Would be funnier if it was the real Clowney

Now you're going to tell me that dream jobs aren't real.

I kicked my wife in the chin two times last night to see if she was real... Im still not sure she is real, but I do know she yells really loud

all i got to say is a gay, overrated linebacker, with a made up girlfriend...hello jets at 9, if they dont trade up for him.

thats backpage guaranteed for 2years woody.

:rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom