OT: Moving to D.C. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Moving to D.C.

I work in Takoma Park on the DC/MD border. Relatively Inexpensive. Near the train. It’s a nice neighborhood especially if you are a vegan and drive a Prius. Every third business is a coffee shop.

Cost of living is high. So is the quality of life.

Traffic is horrendous.

I work in Takoma Park on the DC/MD border. Relatively Inexpensive. Near the train. It’s a nice neighborhood especially if you are a vegan and drive a Prius. Every third business is a coffee shop.

Cost of living is high. So is the quality of life.

Traffic is horrendous.

And it's a Nuclear-Free Zone too. ( I never figured out how that was supposed to work)

Rcvd a report from my son... fairly noisy (duh) but quieter than the East Village. Luckily he has a Trader Joe's super close as it caters to single Millennials. His commute is about 45 mins...the Yellow train some reason ends two stops before U Street during commute hours. Makes no sense...any know why the Yellow Line is part time in the U Street area?

Rcvd a report from my son... fairly noisy (duh) but quieter than the East Village. Luckily he has a Trader Joe's super close as it caters to single Millennials. His commute is about 45 mins...the Yellow train some reason ends two stops before U Street during commute hours. Makes no sense...any know why the Yellow Line is part time in the U Street area?

Yeah, not enough trains, they focus on everything south of Mount Vernon Square during rush and then are able to spread some resources up through Fort Totten outside of that period. I lived one stop up from your son in Columbia Heights for two years and got to experience this general PITA but got used to it. Especially since he's closer than I was, if it's a nice day (not in August) I'd suggest walking down to the convention center and picking up the Yellow Line there rather than taking the Green two stops from his house and then waiting on the transfer. It's not only a good way to explore the new neighborhood a little but it's also usually a time saver.