Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I am late to this party and have zero interest in talking about trucks.

But must commend Dino and staff for a great get, and an amazing August for recruiting.

Let's go out and win some football games now to keep the momentum going.

Now I hope the SU administration and Wildhack will use some of the ACC TV money to give Babers a big pay raise. We cannot afford to lose another head coach/staff especially this one who has proven they can convince players that Syracuse football is on the way back to the Top 25.

Actually worried about coordinators and assistants before dino. I LOVE dino and everything he is doing. That said, he is a dictator and doesn't allow even his coordinators to speak. They most likely have a great chemistry as coaches, but i worry about them leaving, especially SL.

Actually worried about coordinators and assistants before dino. I LOVE dino and everything he is doing. That said, he is a dictator and doesn't allow even his coordinators to speak. They most likely have a great chemistry as coaches, but i worry about them leaving, especially SL.
Allowing assistants not to speak to the media is not that uncommon. Saban, for example.

Is this new? Most of these guys have been with him in previous school, why would it be a problem now?

Getting some serious depth on the OL, now let's grab another DL or two

Absolutely TM! We, recruiting and talent wise are on our way. Solidify the lines at least 2 deep, and BOOM! I must say, i am excited about the young OL taken we currently have in camp. Think we have some size, moxy, and talent already in house. They will grow up this year:) its a great time to be Orange :)

Allowing assistants not to speak to the media is not that uncommon. Saban, for example.

I get that O79. I respect your opinion and love what you do with managing all the crazys on this site, including myself:) That said, Saban is by far in the minority. Most programs allow the fanbase and whomever to get to know the gentleman coaching up their kids:)

I get that O79. I respect your opinion and love what you do with managing all the crazys on this site, including myself:) That said, Saban is by far in the minority. Most programs allow the fanbase and whomever to get to know the gentleman coaching up their kids:)
Yeah, I'm too lazy to actually dig through all the schools (or at least P5), but I would imagine it's probably around 20% or so.
upload_2017-8-24_20-9-36.gif

Oh, Hell Yas! Just got off the road - great way to start a vacation! Our OL is going to be S I C K!!!!

Is this new? Most of these guys have been with him in previous school, why would it be a problem now?

Bc now these guys are at the P5 level. At this level 90% of the coaches, at least coordinators talk to the media and/or have a chance to talk to the media or have a coaches corner. We have some very talented coordinators and assistants. THAT'S what i worry about.

Bc now these guys are at the P5 level. At this level 90% of the coaches, at least coordinators talk to the media and/or have a chance to talk to the media or have a coaches corner. We have some very talented coordinators and assistants. THAT'S what i worry about.
This a freaking crazy. We just landed a big recruit and you have to start this crap. Live in and enjoy the present!

This a freaking crazy. We just landed a big recruit and you have to start this crap. Live in and enjoy the present!

I get you bro, but that post wasn't about QW. i love him and his commitment to cuse! I am talking about dino, who i adore, and his staff. :))

The media? That's fake news man. We all know that by now. Dino isn't opening this team up to fake news is all! He is the only coach we need to hear from. He makes the decisions. I for one don't care about what the other coaches have to say.

The media? That's fake news man. We all know that by now. Dino isn't opening this team up to fake news is all! He is the only coach we need to hear from. He makes the decisions. I for one don't care about what the other coaches have to say.

Thats a good stance and take. However, most fans like to hear from the HC and assistants. Its been part of cfb for ages. The media isnt fake news when you talk about your local guys asking about practice. America needs to get a grip as most are spooked by honest media at this point. Media at the college level will market and promote the team.

Qadir White. If you all want to discuss the impending departure of all our assistant coaches because HCDB won't let them speak to Bailey and Mink, start a thread on the main football forum. :D
This...

Take it elsewhere... stainin' up this glorious thread with poo... straight poo.

Q-Dubbbbbbbbbb!!!!! Love it! Even Syracuse dot com is overwhelmingly positive! Pure anarchy.

hearing from Assistant coaches is really only something that happened in the last 10-15 yrs. you didnt get anything from most coaches thru the 90s except some basic interviews and even then it was head coaches.. in the 80's cable took off and still you didnt find out much about most teams, back in the day you wouldnt even know who most of the coaches were let alone hear them interviewed. people on this forum may care to hear them talk but we only represent about 1% of the fan base. Most people could care less

I haven't heard much from Greg Schiano or Kiffen when he was at Alabama. Hell, I don't even know who the USC or Wisconsin assistants are.

Build the wall and they will come. I'm thrilled White has verballed and this O-Line is looking good now and great into the future. Why in the world would someone not want to play QB, RB or WR or TE for this offense with a wall like this? Welcome to the Hill Mr. White!

Gotta say, and I don't know why, but this makes up for Holley and other big NY misses we've had imo.

Totally agree. Just feels really good to come out on the positive side with the main NYC recruit in the cycle after the Ishaq, Ebenezer Ogundenko, Thomas Holley decisions. We seemingly spent all of our resources hoping against hope to land those type of talents, to be left at the altar, not really knowing if Syracuse was really even being considered. This has been a sweet change of pace with this class:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom