OT-Richard Sherman=classless punk | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT-Richard Sherman=classless punk

If Sherman is ever involved in a murder that's the only time he should be compared to Ray Lewis. He is objectively the best corner in the NFL. I hope Manning goes after him.

Harbaugh acts like an idiot. They show him on the sideline jumping up and down and and shaking his arms, but no one really criticizes him. Belichick calls out Wes Weller and claims he purposely took out Talib.

There may be a disapproving article or commentary here and there about Harbaugh and Belichick's antics, but none of the sanctimonious BS laced with racial undertones that you get on social media and other columnists. Deadspin has a pretty great piece on this phenomenon today.

http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-and-the-plight-of-the-conquering-negro-1505060117

Deadspin article raises some good points but is based on the false premise that everyone would love Sherman if he was white, citing Johnny Football and Bryce Harper as examples. As if the only possible reason to frown on his behavior is racial animosity.

CuseCPT said:
Deadspin article raises some good points but is based on the false premise that everyone would love Sherman if he was white, citing Johnny Football and Bryce Harper as examples. As if the only possible reason to frown on his behavior is racial animosity.

They might not love him but the reaction would be different.

They might not love him but the reaction would be different.

For some people, yes. For others, no.

White people are not a monolothic hive-mind.

Clearly, Trent Williams is racist

The quotes below are from Tony Dungy-Another racist

“If you want to say you’re the greatest of all time in an interview, I’m fine with that. You’ve got to go back it up next game. The other stuff I thought was a bit of a lack of class.”

Last edited:
I'm thinking a post game drug test on that gentleman might be in order

I don't think that Sherman is a big fan of drug tests. His teammates as well.

I guess it boils down to whether you believe the standards of behavior in business meetings ought to apply to football fields.

It was an analogy and far from the root of my point which I made very clear.

Many of you are celebrating someone who is afraid, scared and not in control of his emotions.

Chuck Bednarik once said that when he gave people hard hits or dirty hits, they tended to come up frothing at the mouth, ranting like crazy people. Bednarik said that The Great Jim Brown was different because he would "get up slowly, kind of look at you and say hi" and then keep on coming. I think Sherman was scared. I think he had a lot of nervous energy. Crabtree was behind him, and the leaping tip had a razor thin margin between a Seahawk interception and Niner TD. If you are as good as The Great Jim Brown, you don't really get agitated because you already know you are superior to everyone else. When a guy was making a lot of noise like Sherman, I take that to mean his adrenaline was up. So far up that he was wild a good minute or two after the game was over.

Ray Lewis was always wild before the game but calm during contests and almost religious immediately afterward. Didn't matter how high the stakes. In other words, Ray Lewis was happy after the game. Sherman was not happy. If I were Peyton Manning, I would go after him.

Yeah that Sherman guy is terrible. He needs to be more like that one guy who in all likelihood helped cover up murder.

You know how smart Sherman is? Peter King gave Sherman his own column this year. I for one think the attention this is getting is ridiculous. Sherman didn't swear or do anything remotely wrong. He was fired up for an interview 30 seconds after he made the play of his life. This is another example to me of the wussification of America. People don't like to hear the truth because it hurts their feelings. If you want to watch politically correct go watch a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady press conference. Middle America expects everyone to be robots. Boring. I for one can't stand Peyton Manning or the people(media)who make excuses for why he has only won one Super Bowl so far in his career. I hope Seattle pounds Manning and Welker and co all game long in two weeks.

Let's get Sherman, Garnett, and Bart Scott in a postgame battle royale

I find it funny the extended argument never confirms the "thug" sentiments. More of just being out of line. A lesson in humility is primarily what he needs. So hats off for his educational accolades. Sherman adores attention that is what is clear about this whole ordeal.

The guy was clearly a little fired up like 2 minutes after making the biggest play of his career and putting his team in the super bowl. He probably deserves to be cut a little slack for that. He certainly was over the top though. The choke sign to Kapernick was a bit much; I would hope he regrets that one.

Some of the tweets I saw about him on Deadspin were just disgusting.

There is trash everywhere I agree and some of the comments are waaaay over the top and disgusting. Sherman needs to stop though. He got into it now with dirtbag skip bayless and just made it worse. Sherman likes the attention and has created his own spotlight via his antics. Its far from just the stuff you saw the other night. He has been at that his eentre nfl career. Its sad that someone who is so well educated chooses this path to make a name for himself instead of working to be a guest announcer or analyst and share that intellect he is so proud of. Why not let the cnnsi column be his outlet? He is young and will learn from these mistakes but he clearly is a little too self absorbed.

Did he get into it with Bayless now, or was that the thing from a year ago or whatever?

Either way hopefully he puts his interest in gaining spotlight to better use like focusing on the good he believes in. Nothing wrong with him being a talker on the field and in the moment.

He has always been a classless . Claiming he's the best in the game 3 weeks into his rookie season despite Revis playing better than any corner in history.

His rant 2 minutes after his team secured a SB bid is complete douchiness personified.
I think he proved that to the public to perfection. A used douce at that.A Rodman wannabe.

http://deadspin.com/heres-another-awesome-richard-sherman-interview-befor-1506911877
I couldnt listen to this, people in my office. But just watching it, I see a dude who screaming because he is in a loud ass stadium, and is excited as hell that they are going to the Super Bowl... He gives EA a huge hug right at the end, picks her right up off the ground.

If you dont want to see stuff like this, hold your interviews until the post game presser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom