OT: Surreal | Syracusefan.com

OT: Surreal

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Another 40+ degree day in January here in the 'Cuse (43 currently on the office therm.), without any snow on the grass over here in Camillus. Really, really, really weird.

Another 40+ degree day in January here in the 'Cuse (43 currently on the office therm.), without any snow on the grass over here in Camillus. Really, really, really weird.

Supposed to be 50 today. My kind of winter. Supposed to attend a school sponsored snow tubing event tomorrow night with my kids and they may cancel.

Gotta love mild winters.

Supposed to be 50 today. My kind of winter. Supposed to attend a school sponsored snow tubing event tomorrow night with my kids and they may cancel.

Gotta love mild winters.
50 again, wow. Sounds like a tragedy if they have to cancel the snow thing. Might force you to relax a little bit, feet up, beer in hand on the couch. That's be a bummer huh ;)

50 again, wow. Sounds like a tragedy if they have to cancel the snow thing. Might force you to relax a little bit, feet up, beer in hand on the couch. That's be a bummer huh ;)

Yea I will be absolutely crushed if that happens. The backup plan however is bowling (so I am told) so either way I'm out for the night. Will have to just DVR some games and stay up will 2am again.

I actually wouldn't mind a little snow. My father does snowplowing, and he is hurting this winter. Most of his work is per-plow, not contract, so he isn't making any money.

I actually wouldn't mind a little snow. My father does snowplowing, and he is hurting this winter. Most of his work is per-plow, not contract, so he isn't making any money.

I do feel bad for my neighborhood plow guy. I think he's done my driveway twice, and that was even pushing the envelope. I'll probably pay him a little extra this year. Although I probably just jinxed us and the blizzard of '93 is now on its way.:bang:

I do feel bad for my neighborhood plow guy. I think he's done my driveway twice, and that was even pushing the envelope. I'll probably pay him a little extra this year. Although I probably just jinxed us and the blizzard of '93 is now on its way.:bang:

If it is then it is. The way I look at it we have about 5 weeks left of winter. I never really consider March a winter month. Then its April and I for one cant freaking wait.

Haha my dad actually hates big snowstorms. 3-4 inches at a time is all it takes. Just enough to get out there and clear the driveway off before it melts away itself :cool:

Well, so far in Cincinnati we have had 0.0003 inches of snow.

And they STILL freaked out.

Haha my dad actually hates big snowstorms. 3-4 inches at a time is all it takes. Just enough to get out there and clear the driveway off before it melts away itself :cool:

At per plow you would think he wants a big storm. 2 inches an hour for 10 hours.

ya know, you guys can come visit me anytime you want.. -30 today, and we have tons of snow.. and ice. lol

At per plow you would think he wants a big storm. 2 inches an hour for 10 hours.

Well usually with big storms, he only does 2 or 3 rounds of plowing. But that can sometimes mean he's out on the road for 36-48 hours straight. Not fun! Nice, small storms on a regular basis that just need to be plowed once are ideal.

Well usually with big storms, he only does 2 or 3 rounds of plowing. But that can sometimes mean he's out on the road for 36-48 hours straight. Not fun! Nice, small storms on a regular basis that just need to be plowed once are ideal.

I remember a year about 6 - 8 years ago where it seemed like we had 3 inches of new snow every single day. Not big storms, just every day. That had to be his dream winter season.

I remember a year about 6 - 8 years ago where it seemed like we had 3 inches of new snow every single day. Not big storms, just every day. That had to be his dream winter season.

Cha Ching.jpg

Where do you work in camillus? I work out there too...currently deploying, but miss the office already lol

I measure the winters in gallons of oil burned since I bought the house I currantly live in. It always seems mild to me here on the MD/PA boarder after growing up on lake Ontario but this has been by far the mildest I've experianced. I've only gone through about 50 gallons of oil which means very mild temperatures combined with barely any wind.

For what it's worth, I drove past Liverpool Golf Course this morning. No golfers -- at least not that I saw. But the water in the ponds adjacent to the Liverpool bypass are overflowing. Amazing how we have had so little snow, and yet the water table is so incredibly high this year. If we do get some big snows, or more significant rain, we're in for some serious flooding.

ya know, you guys can come visit me anytime you want.. -30 today, and we have tons of snow.. and ice. lol

Only an idiot leaves the banana belt of NY (Fort Drum) for
Fairbanks, AK

Only an idiot leaves the banana belt of NY (Fort Drum) for
Fairbanks, AK

lol I dont rememeber having to much of a choice about it! Its actually really cool up here. Plus, if I had stayed in NY we would be in afghanistan right now

Where do you work in camillus? I work out there too...currently deploying, but miss the office already lol
right on West Genesee st. down about a mile from the HS toward Fairmont. Just look for the blinking neon 50 foot glow in the dark spine :D

Every year I pay for the plow, light winter. Every year I don't, like last year, tons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom