OT: These NBA playoffs are INSANE so far | Syracusefan.com

OT: These NBA playoffs are INSANE so far

Eric15

Living Legend
The higher seeded team is leading in only one of the eight first round series (Miami swept Charlotte). Every other series is either tied 2-2 or the lower seeded team is up 3-1 or 3-2.

I agree that the NBA regular season is a total borefest compared to college, but right now is the best basketball (quality-wise) on the face of the Earth. If you love this sport, you're depraving yourself by not watching Clippers/Warriors tonight.

The higher seeded team is leading in only one of the eight first round series (Miami swept Charlotte). Every other series is either tied 2-2 or the lower seeded team is up 3-1 or 3-2.

I agree that the NBA regular season is a total borefest compared to college, but right now is the best basketball (quality-wise) on the face of the Earth. If you love this sport, you're depraving yourself by not watching Clippers/Warriors tonight.
It's true. The playoffs have been awesome. I think this first round has had more overtime games than any NBA playoffs in history. And we're only talking about the first round!

The NBA Playoffs are awesome every year, but this year is some next level type.. If people want to say the regular season is ho-hum, fine, but the NBA Playoffs are absolutely must watch tv for a sports fan imo.

A best of 7 allows the better team the chance to win which is a welcome sight to us who are sick of watching the March Madness nonsense lately. Also it develops friction between the 2 teams which always makes it fun.

The only way it could be better is if the league/refs didn't overreact to every little shoving match. Nene suspended a game, seriously!? Soft serve right there.

True, Memphis OKC will likely be great too. 3 OT games in a row.

The NBA Playoffs are awesome every year, but this year is some next level type.. If people want to say the regular season is ho-hum, fine, but the NBA Playoffs are absolutely must watch tv for a sports fan imo.

A best of 7 allows the better team the chance to win which is a welcome sight to us who are sick of watching the March Madness nonsense lately. Also it develops friction between the 2 teams which always makes it fun.

The only way it could be better is if the league/refs didn't overreact to every little shoving match. Nene suspended a game, seriously!? Soft serve right there.

This is the real key. And you've got teams who have been playing each other for years and who don't like each other (OKC and Memphis have played 3 out of 4 years in the playoffs, for instance)

I wish I had more time to watch the west coast games though.

I wish I had more time to watch the west coast games though.
You really are missing out. My wife even commented last night that she can't believe how good the endings have been. I didn't even realize she'd been paying attention.

You really are missing out. My wife even commented last night that she can't believe how good the endings have been. I didn't even realize she'd been paying attention.

Usually I DVR the games and try to watch them in the morning. Screwed up a couple of nights ago, on Monday morning I started watching the second half of the Houston game and then I went to get some food and was randomly checking my phone, went to ESPN like i always do, and ruined the ending.

Usually I DVR the games and try to watch them in the morning. Screwed up a couple of nights ago, on Monday morning I started watching the second half of the Houston game and then I went to get some food and was randomly checking my phone, went to ESPN like i always do, and ruined the ending.

the West series have all been outstanding . . . I was favoring the Clips to get out of the West if they could get past GS, but the Sterling thing has shot an arrow through them and I don't think they'll recover.

was just realizing that, if everything falls into place for them, the Spurs won't have to leave the state of Texas until the 3rd game of the Western Conference Finals!

the West series have all been outstanding . . . I was favoring the Clips to get out of the West if they could get past GS, but the Sterling thing has shot an arrow through them and I don't think they'll recover.

was just realizing that, if everything falls into place for them, the Spurs won't have to leave the state of Texas until the 3rd game of the Western Conference Finals!

There's a Syracuse scheduLing joke in there somewhere. ... I'm Just to lazy to do it.

and that might be no further than OKC

There's a Syracuse scheduLing joke in there somewhere. ... I'm Just to lazy to do it.
was thinking the same thing

Thought it was really risky for OKC to play defense on that last possession of OT

Holy crap… Memphis beat OKC last night - they have played 4 straight overtime games in that series.

Memphis is my favorite team right now. I think it's clear they are the superior TEAM, OKC just has the two most explosive players.

Anyone could win the west. I still believe it.

Memphis is my favorite team right now. I think it's clear they are the superior TEAM, OKC just has the two most explosive players.

Anyone could win the west. I still believe it.
When do people start getting on Durant like they do Melo? He's had a way better cast around him and you can't use the Western Conference excuse because that's what Melo had to deal with all those years before coming to NY and being paired with a broken down superstar who could barely stay on the court.

I'm glad the Clippers won last night for their team and fans, but now im back to rooting for Golden State. I like Mark Jackson, Stephon Curry, David Lee, Klay Thompson etc.. They just have a fun, likeable team.

When do people start getting on Durant like they do Melo? He's had a way better cast around him and you can't use the Western Conference excuse because that's what Melo had to deal with all those years before coming to NY and being paired with a broken down superstar who could barely stay on the court.

I'm glad the Clippers won last night for their team and fans, but now im back to rooting for Golden State. I like Mark Jackson, Stephon Curry, David Lee, Klay Thompson etc.. They just have a fun, likeable team.

I think I said last year Durant has another year or so before people start getting on him.

Durant has made the finals though. He won as many playoff series in 2012 as Melo has won in his whole career, hasn't he?

I think I said last year Durant has another year or so before people start getting on him.

Durant has made the finals though. He won as many playoff series in 2012 as Melo has won in his whole career, hasn't he?
He also has a way better supporting cast so, to me, that's also an issue. Chris Paul is another one who might eventually want to win something, but it seems he's kind of dipped out of the "super"star status for now.

I don't need to be any more depraved.

He also has a way better supporting cast so, to me, that's also an issue. Chris Paul is another one who might eventually want to win something, but it seems he's kind of dipped out of the "super"star status for now.

Yeah Paul is definitely one. I still think he's the best PG around, but you'd like to see him have some more success in the playoffs.

Losing this series would be a knock on Durant, though the west is really super tough. But if they don't win the title this year, he's probably going to start hearing it from the usual suspects. Though he's also gonna win the MVP this year, so...

But I think we can cut this one off right here; Durant>Melo. And not really that close. And I've been on record saying I think Melo has really upped his game the last few yers.

Yeah Paul is definitely one. I still think he's the best PG around, but you'd like to see him have some more success in the playoffs.

Losing this series would be a knock on Durant, though the west is really super tough. But if they don't win the title this year, he's probably going to start hearing it from the usual suspects. Though he's also gonna win the MVP this year, so...

But I think we can cut this one off right here; Durant>Melo. And not really that close. And I've been on record saying I think Melo has really upped his game the last few yers.

Carmelo should make the HoF. Durant has a chance to be one of three greatest small forwards ever. Maybe even higher.

Current odds to win it all. I feel like the Pacers at 30/1 are a good value bet even though they're struggling.

Miami Heat 8/5
San Antonio Spurs 5/2
Los Angeles Clippers 5/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 10/1
Washington Wizards 20/1
Portland Blazers 25/1
Brooklyn Nets 25/1
Memphis Grizzlies 25/1
Indiana Pacers 30/1
Toronto Raptors 50/1
Atlanta Hawks 50/1
Golden State Warriors 65/1
Dallas Mavericks 65/1
Houston Rockets 100/1

After watching Toronto play in this series against Brooklyn, how can you not like or root for this team. I hope they win tonight and then win Game 6 in Brooklyn.

After watching Toronto play in this series against Brooklyn, how can you not like or root for this team. I hope they win tonight and then win Game 6 in Brooklyn.

Besides the great fans, I really enjoy just seeing new faces in the playoffs. Fun team to watch.

Besides the great fans, I really enjoy just seeing new faces in the playoffs. Fun team to watch.
Man, they almost blew that game last night. I figured it was over, then Brooklyn got on a tear towards the end. Lowry stepped up big time at the end. Some dumb plays by the Raptors at the end, fouling the 3 pointer shooting for a 4 point play. Then last play of the game, why do you throw the ball in the back court, when you are at half court, with 1 second to play. They were lucky that ball didn't get picked off.