OT: These NBA playoffs are INSANE so far | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: These NBA playoffs are INSANE so far

Man, the Lebron nut-hugging has started early this year. I hate the Pacers more than the Heat, please don't make me root for Indiana. (Kidding Fireball, don't quote me on this) ;)

longislandcuse said:
Man, the Lebron nut-hugging has started early this year. I hate the Pacers more than the Heat, please don't make me root for Indiana. (Kidding Fireball, don't quote me on this) ;)

Lol. I wouldn't consider myself a nut hugger but being a big fan of basketball I just can't help but appreciate and talk about his talent. I've been watching basketball since the mid to late 80s and while Jordan was unreal and the best player I ever could have imagined, but watching Lebron the past couple of years I can honestly say that Lebron is the best I've ever seen. I didn't think I'd ever see Jordan get topped let alone so soon, but I don't think I'll see a player in my lifetime that could pass Lebron on my list. He is a great one.

Eh, if you ask Warriors fans, it seems that the majority of them are pretty happy with the move. The players like Jackson, but he's an awful in-game coach, and personally, I thought they would have been better than they were this year. Add on the fact that supposedly he was a douche to the front office...really not that surprising.

Then again, I also would like to see McHale and Brooks fired despite their teams winning a lot of games.

The majority of them are idiots then.

Lol. I wouldn't consider myself a nut hugger but being a big fan of basketball I just can't help but appreciate and talk about his talent. I've been watching basketball since the mid to late 80s and while Jordan was unreal and the best player I ever could have imagined, but watching Lebron the past couple of years I can honestly say that Lebron is the best I've ever seen. I didn't think I'd ever see Jordan get topped let alone so soon, but I don't think I'll see a player in my lifetime that could pass Lebron on my list. He is a great one.

Lebron haters are incredible. Can't appreciate watching one of the best talents EVER, who plays the game they supposedly love.

No player in sports history has been hated like Lebron, for literally NO reason. The decision? Please. Players are out there beating women and driving drunk and murdering people.

Can't wait for Lebron to win his third ring.

pure artistry, special talent, that's where my man crush comes from. that and, perhaps, 'cause my first gig outta college was covering sports, including the cavs, in lebron's hometown, albeit a decade or so before he was born. it's not his fault he was dubbed the chosen one in high school. but he sure has lived up to the hype.

man, i, and i'd imagine adam silver and a lotta hoops fans, would love to see the clippers and heat in the final. heart be freakin' still.

Lebron haters are incredible. Can't appreciate watching one of the best talents EVER, who plays the game they supposedly love.

No player in sports history has been hated like Lebron, for literally NO reason. The decision? Please. Players are out there beating women and driving drunk and murdering people.

I can't speak for those who hate him, I don't think many do but for me it's how over the top people are in their praise of him. I recognize him as a beast, best player since Jordan but if you want me to gargle gargle when I talk about him, let him go to a team that isn't perfectly suited for him with 2 other stars and the best role players in the league.

GoHamSU said:
Lebron haters are incredible. Can't appreciate watching one of the best talents EVER, who plays the game they supposedly love. No player in sports history has been hated like Lebron, for literally NO reason. The decision? Please. Players are out there beating women and driving drunk and murdering people. Can't wait for Lebron to win his third ring.

He was hated by many before he was even drafted which is absurd. The decision was just something they could actually point at. Maybe if people realized the money that was made from that went to charity it would change some minds, but probably not.

Probably his most impressive season was bringing a team that had Larry Hughes as the second best player to the finals.

longislandcuse said:
I can't speak for those who hate him, I don't think many do but for me it's how over the top people are in their praise of him. I recognize him as a beast, best player since Jordan but if you want me to gargle gargle when I talk about him, let him go to a team that isn't perfectly suited for him with 2 other stars and the best role players in the league.

He was before the Heat and almost won a title with the great Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden.

He was before the Heat and almost won a title with the great Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden.
Please dude, the East was worse back then than it is now if that's at all possible.

I'm not gonna bow down at his throne until he wins a ship on an actual team, not a super team.

This is where I get labeled a hater and y'all get labeled nut huggers. I recognize him as the greatest since Jordan but you want me to be "amazed" by his talents. Sorry, when he runs a pick n pop with Bosh, while Wade cuts to the basket taking his man with him leaving Ray Allen, Shane Battier, James Jones etc etc etc wide open for a corner three which LBJ assists on, I'm not gonna jump out of my seat.

An aside: Charles Barkley's the friggin' best. Basketball has the best play-by-play announcers and color guys/gals (that's for you, Doris Burke).

Please dude, the East was worse back then than it is now if that's at all possible.

I'm not gonna bow down at his throne until he wins a ship on an actual team, not a super team.

This is where I get labeled a hater and y'all get labeled nut huggers. I recognize him as the greatest since Jordan but you want me to be "amazed" by his talents. Sorry, when he runs a pick n pop with Bosh, while Wade cuts to the basket taking his man with him leaving Ray Allen, Shane Battier, James Jones etc etc etc wide open for a corner three which LBJ assists on, I'm not gonna jump out of my seat.

I get what you're saying, but when he isn't playing, that "super team" is basically an average team. I think you're overrating some of the role players on the team. James jones? This guy played 235 minutes this year. Battier shot 38% from the field and has been in and out of the rotation for the last few months. Allen and Birdman are very good role players.

That being said, I don't think we really disagree; Lebron is the best player since Jordan. But if you aren't amazed by some of the plays he makes; I don't know what to tell you.

Not sure where you draw the line between an "actual team" and a "super team". The Jordan Bulls had some incredible role players, Kerr, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc. Scottie Pippen was probably one of the 6 or 7 best players in the league; Rodman isn't a perfect comp for Bosh, but Kukoc was better than whoever the #4 guy on Heat is now.

The Magic Lakers had 2 of the 5 or 6 best players ever. Plus very good players like Scott/Worthy/Cooper. Actual team or super team? The 80's Celtics started 4 hall of famers (when Mchale started), plus they brought Bill Walton off the bench. Actual team or super team?

I also think one of the things that makes LeBron so great is that he's incredibly easy to build a team around. He can either be your go-to scorer working off the ball, your ball-dominant scorer, or your floor general while also being an elite defender on the other end. The Heat were one of the best teams in the league this year with Wade missing half the season and guys like Toney Douglas and Udonis Haslem filling in for him (which again points to how easy it is to build around LeBron that you can replace your SG with a PG or PF and still have a good lineup lol).

I think the people that say that LeBron is better than Jordan was are silly, but LeBron is a freaking beast.

An aside: Charles Barkley's the friggin' best. Basketball has the best play-by-play announcers and color guys/gals (that's for you, Doris Burke).

Did any of you guys watch the TNT coverage inbetween games last night? Barkley/Kenny/Shaq spent a good 3 minutes talking about how women in San Antonio were overweight and unattractive.

Then Barkley started making fun of the Riverwalk. "It ain't a river, it's a creek! Can you eat a fish out of it?! No, then it ain't a river."

So you're saying the role players make Lebron better, not the other way around?

So you're saying the role players make Lebron better, not the other way around?
I'm saying he has the best role players in the league, right up there with San Antonio along with two stars in Bosh and Wade. That team is tailor made to perfection for him. He's clearly the best player since Jordan, but I would like to see him do it somewhere other than with the Miami SuperHeat.

I get what you're saying, but when he isn't playing, that "super team" is basically an average team. I think you're overrating some of the role players on the team. James jones? This guy played 235 minutes this year. Battier shot 38% from the field and has been in and out of the rotation for the last few months. Allen and Birdman are very good role players.

That being said, I don't think we really disagree; Lebron is the best player since Jordan. But if you aren't amazed by some of the plays he makes; I don't know what to tell you.

Not sure where you draw the line between an "actual team" and a "super team". The Jordan Bulls had some incredible role players, Kerr, Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc. Scottie Pippen was probably one of the 6 or 7 best players in the league; Rodman isn't a perfect comp for Bosh, but Kukoc was better than whoever the #4 guy on Heat is now.

The Magic Lakers had 2 of the 5 or 6 best players ever. Plus very good players like Scott/Worthy/Cooper. Actual team or super team? The 80's Celtics started 4 hall of famers (when Mchale started), plus they brought Bill Walton off the bench. Actual team or super team?
I guess being a Knicks fan makes James Jones look like Steve Kerr. All I know is most teams dont have a random dude way down at the end of the bench like James Jones to come in and light up the Bobcats.

I was a Lebron critic before, simply because his greatness was primarily assumed and not earned.

Now he's won. The greatness has been earned. So, I don't have any issues with Lebron anymore.

I guess being a Knicks fan makes James Jones look like Steve Kerr. All I know is most teams dont have a random dude way down at the end of the bench like James Jones to come in and light up the Bobcats.

Ha, I was gonna say, if James Jones was a Knick he'd be Steve Novak or something. Dude can shoot though.

I'm saying he has the best role players in the league, right up there with San Antonio along with two stars in Bosh and Wade. That team is tailor made to perfection for him. He's clearly the best player since Jordan, but I would like to see him do it somewhere other than with the Miami SuperHeat.

But he has. He took the Cavs to the finals with a bunch of scrubs (by NBA standards). I don't care how "weak" the east was. It's incredibly impressive. Sure they got swept 4-0 by the Spurs, but come on, they're the best team of the last 15 years.

On a sidenote, has anyone seen the video Stitches-Brick in yo Face, that Birdman was rapping before the game yesterday? Lmao...I cant...

longislandcuse said:
On a sidenote, has anyone seen the video Stitches-Brick in yo Face, that Birdman was rapping before the game yesterday? Lmao...I cant...

I MUST see a link to this haha

Did any of you guys watch the TNT coverage inbetween games last night? Barkley/Kenny/Shaq spent a good 3 minutes talking about how women in San Antonio were overweight and unattractive.

Then Barkley started making fun of the Riverwalk. "It ain't a river, it's a creek! Can you eat a fish out of it?! No, then it ain't a river."

Love Chuck ... Shaq's laughing so hard he mighta peed his pants.