OT: These NBA playoffs are INSANE so far | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: These NBA playoffs are INSANE so far

Wiz taking game 1! Roy Hibbert has fallen off a cliff in terms of production.

Wizards are good. Bral is fun to watch and Wall is going to be an all star for awhile. As likable as I find the wizards, I think the opposite is true for Indiana.

Wow Chris Paul in that first quarter.

Wizards are good. Bral is fun to watch and Wall is going to be an all star for awhile. As likable as I find the wizards, I think the opposite is true for Indiana.

Wow Chris Paul in that first quarter.

Anytime I forget that CP3 is the best PG on the planet, he goes and does something like this.

A historical performance from Paul. Hoping it gets close by OKC so he keeps looking to score.

Warriors firing Jackson is one of the dumbest yet funniest things I've ever heard.

idiots. Seriously. These owners are so freaking dumb it's incredible. He'll be employed tomorrow, likely by LAL?

Warriors firing Jackson is one of the dumbest yet funniest things I've ever heard.

idiots. Seriously. These owners are so freaking dumb it's incredible. He'll be employed tomorrow, likely by LAL?

Eh, if you ask Warriors fans, it seems that the majority of them are pretty happy with the move. The players like Jackson, but he's an awful in-game coach, and personally, I thought they would have been better than they were this year. Add on the fact that supposedly he was a douche to the front office...really not that surprising.

Then again, I also would like to see McHale and Brooks fired despite their teams winning a lot of games.

Eh, if you ask Warriors fans, it seems that the majority of them are pretty happy with the move. The players like Jackson, but he's an awful in-game coach, and personally, I thought they would have been better than they were this year. Add on the fact that supposedly he was a douche to the front office...really not that surprising.

Then again, I also would like to see McHale and Brooks fired despite their teams winning a lot of games.
I'm gonna laugh my a$$ off when Steph Curry eventually peaces out of Golden State due to this.

He's only three years into being a head coach. You need some patience. The team has improved each of the three years and the players loved him.

I get that he didn't get along with the front office, but if this move pushes Steph out of GS, they are going to be in a tough spot.

People may not like the Heat, but holy hell they're unbelievable to watch, they're just absolutely amazing and so unselfish. They play basketball the way it should be played.

People may not like the Heat, but holy hell they're unbelievable to watch, they're just absolutely amazing and so unselfish. They play basketball the way it should be played.

Ever since Spo decided to let LeBron "out of the box" after the Dallas series when they lost, the team's offense has been fantastic to watch.

Lol, that will happen when you have some of the best star players and best role players in the entire league on the same team.

Lol, that will happen when you have some of the best star players and best role players in the entire league on the same team.
Not necessarily. Stars don't always click, often bump heads. Jumpin' Jimmy Naismith would like the Heat, they pass and mesh so well, the way purists like it, or, at least, are supposed to. And it all starts with the alpha dog, LBJ, who looks to pass first, and, damn, is he a great passer.

And it doesn't hurt when your star player and the best player on the planet buys into team ball 100%

I really don't see Jackson being fired pushing Curry away; though that would be pretty funny. He's under contract for 3 more years; his first year as a possible FA would be Jackson's 7th year as the coach; how many NBA coaches last that long?

longislandcuse said:

I'm not saying they don't have excellent players, I'm just saying they're just amazing to watch. You could probably put Lebron on any team that's currently in the playoffs and they become the favorite to win it all. The guys amazing.

Fireball Jr. said:
Not necessarily. Stars don't always click, often bump heads. Jumpin' Jimmy Naismith would like the Heat, they pass and mesh so well, the way purists like it, or, at least, are supposed to. And it all starts with the alpha dog, LBJ, who looks to pass first, and, damn, is he a great passer.

His cross court, quick, effortless looking passes are just crazy. Outside of his driving ability it's probably my favorite part of his game.

And it doesn't hurt when your star player and the best player on the planet buys into team ball 100%

I really don't see Jackson being fired pushing Curry away; though that would be pretty funny. He's under contract for 3 more years; his first year as a possible FA would be Jackson's 7th year as the coach; how many NBA coaches last that long?
They could and probably will find a way to make Steph happy before he can bolt BUT he is not happy at all with Golden State. If he could, I think he'd bounce right now. A lot of those players are upset and Steph was probably closer to Jackson than any of them.

They could and probably will find a way to make Steph happy before he can bolt BUT he is not happy at all with Golden State. If he could, I think he'd bounce right now. A lot of those players are upset and Steph was probably closer to Jackson than any of them.

I agree that would be a strong possibility, but the point is he's "stuck" there for 3 years, so there is a lot of time to change his opinion.

Oh, it definitely starts with LBJ and the type of player he is but his roster ***** on any other roster in the NBA. OKC and LAC are probably the closest in terms of individual talent and there are nowhere close to what the Heat have. JJ Redick starts for LAC, Miami has like 4 of him.

I agree that would be a strong possibility, but the point is he's "stuck" there for 3 years, so there is a lot of time to change his opinion.
Yea, I'm sure they're banking on it but its not the greatest idea to piss off your franchise player with a controversial firing of his father figure.

Oh, it definitely starts with LBJ and the type of player he is but his roster ***** on any other roster in the NBA. OKC and LAC are probably the closest in terms of individual talent and there are nowhere close to what the Heat have. JJ Redick starts for LAC, Miami has like 4 of him.

If you take the top star out of the equation, I am not sure the Miami roster is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league. A lot of the role players look so great because Lebron facilitates everything. Which isn't to say Riley hasn't done a good job filling pieces in, but Norris Cole was 4th on the team in minutes played this season. You take Lebron off the Heat and Duncan off the Spurs, I'm picking the Spurs to win. Hell, they had Lebron last year and they barely beat the Spurs. (I kinda cheated, maybe it's different if you take Parker instead of Duncan off? I still probably pick the Spurs) Pick whoever the best Nets player is; you take that guy off the team and Lebron off Miami, and I might take Brooklyn. With or without Lopez.

As an aside, I wonder what Miami would look like without Lebron. I've been of the opinion that having Lebron has really helped the aging process for Wade. They can sit Wade out and not really worry about things because Lebron is around to carry the load. If Wade had to carry the load and play every game, I think his body would be a lot more worn down than it is now.

tl; dr; Lebron is the best

If you take the top star out of the equation, I am not sure the Miami roster is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league. A lot of the role players look so great because Lebron facilitates everything. Which isn't to say Riley hasn't done a good job filling pieces in, but Norris Cole was 4th on the team in minutes played this season. You take Lebron off the Heat and Duncan off the Spurs, I'm picking the Spurs to win. Hell, they had Lebron last year and they barely beat the Spurs. (I kinda cheated, maybe it's different if you take Parker instead of Duncan off? I still probably pick the Spurs) Pick whoever the best Nets player is; you take that guy off the team and Lebron off Miami, and I might take Brooklyn. With or without Lopez.

As an aside, I wonder what Miami would look like without Lebron. I've been of the opinion that having Lebron has really helped the aging process for Wade. They can sit Wade out and not really worry about things because Lebron is around to carry the load. If Wade had to carry the load and play every game, I think his body would be a lot more worn down than it is now.

tl; dr; Lebron is the best

masterfully said

For whatever it's worth, when Lebron was off the court this year, Miami scored 104.7 points per 100 possessions and allowed 104.5. So basically average. Last year, when Lebron was off the court, Miami 104.6 points per 100 possessions and allowed 106.7, a decidedly below average team. In 2012, they were -3.6 points per 100 possessions when Lebron sat. In his first year, they were +1.6 per 100 possessions. The Spurs were actually better this year when Duncan sat; same with Parker. The Clippers were much worse when Paul didn't play, but they were still +2 per 100 possessions; ditto OKC and Durant; when Durant sat the Thunder were worse, but also +2 per 100 possessions.

There is noise in this data, but the Heat have played nearly 4,000 minutes without Lebron since he came to Miami, and they have been no better than an average team when he's sat.