OT - TVs | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT - TVs

you just have to realize that the tv's are made with an expected life of 3-5 years .

you just have to realize that the tv's are made with an expected life of 3-5 years .

I thought they rated them in hours ie 40,000 hours life expectancy? If it has a 40,000 hour expectancy you could run your TV for 5 years straight @ ~22 hours a day before it kicked. Some of that will depend on surrondings though I'm sure.

I thought they rated them in hours ie 40,000 hours life expectancy? If it has a 40,000 hour expectancy you could run your TV for 5 years straight @ ~22 hours a day before it kicked. Some of that will depend on surrondings though I'm sure.
most people turn them on an off multiple times a day that shortens life. i have had talked with technicians and with several repair houses and the sales staffs of independents as well as BB types.. the effort to bring down the price has cheapened the parts. its the 1cent parts that go bad not the expensive stuff. if you get past 5 years you are playing with house money.

and in reality people have gone from 27 to 32 to 42 to 55 to 60 in just the last 5-7 years.. now you can get 70-80 inch tv's easily . if they keep the cost down people will keep jumping to the next bigger size no reason to make the bigger tv's last if people will keep upsizing.

I've had great luck with
I just want to also say that I'll never buy another Sony product unless I have to. Playstation broke. CD player ate CDs. VHS player ate tapes. TV had a really annoying, very quiet buzz. My stereo receiver did last about 15 years, though.
I have had great luck with the "LG" brand, Two big flat screensGreat color and Samsung has been good to me with my DVD player.

most people turn them on an off multiple times a day that shortens life. i have had talked with technicians and with several repair houses and the sales staffs of independents as well as BB types.. the effort to bring down the price has cheapened the parts. its the 1cent parts that go bad not the expensive stuff. if you get past 5 years you are playing with house money.

and in reality people have gone from 27 to 32 to 42 to 55 to 60 in just the last 5-7 years.. now you can get 70-80 inch tv's easily . if they keep the cost down people will keep jumping to the next bigger size no reason to make the bigger tv's last if people will keep upsizing.
Unless my son wants to give something larger than the 55"screen in my living room I'm not going bigger.They are decreasing in price but still out of my ability to play that game.;)

Just remember one thing...go with SAMSUNG, SAMSUNG, SAMSUNG!!

They make the best quality TV's these days. Get a Samsung with a 240 HZ and sports look so good on it you won't be able to watch a game on another TV without seeing a difference.

So...

I did learn that there are four things that are actually cheaper in California that the rest of the country.

Produce (duh right?)

Clothing (at least where the mexicans shop)

Musical Instruments (read: broken dreams)

Electronics. Got a 47"240 Hz Samsung Smart LCD for $550. Same one is at Best Buy for $1049

Just remember one thing...go with SAMSUNG, SAMSUNG, SAMSUNG!!

They make the best quality TV's these days. Get a Samsung with a 240 HZ and sports look so good on it you won't be able to watch a game on another TV without seeing a difference.
Samsng makes an excellent TV but if there is a price difference favoring LG,I would hesitate fora minute. My LG compares wit any other picture I've ever seen including the Samsung.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom