OT USF v FGCU finish | Syracusefan.com

OT USF v FGCU finish

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
USF just beat FGCU in double overtime due to maybe one of the worst rulings in the history of sports!! With .3 on the clock FGCU threw a full court in bounds ally-oop and converted what looked to be the game tying shot to send the game to OT..... BUT if there is .3 seconds or less in a game then the shot HAS to be a tipped in not caught in shoot. Now if you ask me it was tipped in because Chase Fieler caught the ball and shot it all while in the air. I'll admit I might be biased, but I don't think there is anyway a player can get a shot off that is not a tip in with that little time. This was a great college basketball game all the way through that was fought hard by both teams, and to have it end on a technicality is just wrong. That takes all the goodness of college basketball out of college basketball. :mad::mad::mad::mad::bang::bang::bang::bang::bat::bat::bat::bat:
I am now done venting and I am going to go break some stuff. Thank you and goodnight

I saw it. It was on tv. Tough call but hard to argue either way

From the replay view I thought it was clearly visible it was out of his hands in time, the explination I have found on the internet so far is that it wasn't "tipped in". The player caught and shot the ball instead.

SWFLCUSE said:
From the replay view I thought it was clearly visible it was out of his hands in time, the explination I have found on the internet so far is that it wasn't "tipped in". The player caught and shot the ball instead.

The rule has always been that way. Thats why it was not counted. It has to be like a volleyball type of tip.

The rule has always been that way. Thats why it was not counted. It has to be like a volleyball type of tip.
I understand, I just think its a completely dumb rule lol. I'm just being stubborn because I'm caught up in all the emotion.

Reactions: cto
The rule is there to prevent home team timers from delaying the start of the clock once the inbounds pass is touched, a practice that was famously widespread. It must have been a remarkable play. I'll watch for replays.

The rule is there to prevent home team timers from delaying the start of the clock once the inbounds pass is touched, a practice that was famously widespread. It must have been a remarkable play. I'll watch for replays.
It may have been the play of the year... and it won't count. I guess with that reasoning the rule makes sense, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it lol.

An impressive display of self awareness rarely seen round these parts.
Why thank you, maybe this thread can spark a self awareness renaissance on this fine board of ours.

Why thank you, maybe this thread can spark a self awareness renaissance on this fine board of ours.
Let's not get all crazy there.

Saw the replay again. Clock doesnt matter. He held it for at least a half a second. I mean he caught it and released it.

Its the poster child situation for why the rule exists.

Saw the replay again. Clock doesnt matter. He held it for at least a half a second. I mean he caught it and released it.

Its the poster child situation for why the rule exists.
I guess I'll just go kick rocks..

It may have been the play of the year... and it won't count. I guess with that reasoning the rule makes sense, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it lol.
You lost today, kid. That doesn't mean you have to like it...

fedoras.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom