OT: vaccine | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they doing follow-up antibody tests?
I'm sure they do as they take blood.

Oct 28 was my second shot.
Follow up visit mid Jan, un-blinding mid March
Next scheduled appt is in Aug...but a booster trial will be starting before that.

I believe the pause is only for a few days so that they can get together and meet about it and review all the info

it’s absolutely the right call to pause, make sure it’s all good and then continue on.

there’s also a massive production issue right now with the j&j shot so they could use the pause too right now.
The problem isn't the pause, the problem is the media. Until they unpause we will get wall to wall sound about vaccine safety... yes most experts will recommend that people get vaccinated, but enough won't and this will increase vaccine hesitantcy and if Europe is any example the JnJ vaccine is toast in the US because no one will trust it.

There are protocols for healthcare and medication safety. What they are doing with J&J is not out of the ordinary, but people with no healthcare background read some numbers out of context and think they understand them. Lets let the professionals do what they do.

While I agree with the posts above, it is human lives at risk. Suppose they find an easily fixed flaw during the review/halt?

It’s important that a positive, reinforcing image be maintained of the vaccinations but due diligence is necessary too.

Again, some fuel for the ones skeptical. I understand the %s quite well, just speaking from a broader sense here. As stated I think smart to pause to dive into the data and the facts.
The clot risk appears to be focused on women 18-49. I haven’t seen how many vaccines were administered in that group.

So the odds are less than 1 in a million, but who knows how much less.

The clot risk appears to be focused on women 18-49. I haven’t seen how many vaccines were administered in that group.

Will be interesting to track.

People deserve to know the facts about what they’re about to put in their bodies.

These aren’t dome dogs, you don’t just nod your head and say I’ll take 6 please.

Seems a lot safer than getting “teh flu” at least.

A tip that helped me with the sore arm... I took two very hot showers the day after my 2nd Pfizer shot. I let the waterfall pulse down on my injection location. This reduced my arm soreness significantly from what I experienced with the first shot. I hope this helps somebody.

Last edited:
A tip that helped me with the sore arm... I took two very hot showers the day after my 2nd Pfizer shot. O let the waterfall puss down on my injection location. This reduced my arm soreness significantly from what I experienced with the first shot. I hope this helps somebody.
Will do sir thank you

the j & j is supposed to be distributed to colleges so kids get vaccinated before departing for summer so i would think it will be a short pause unless they find something really bad

the j & j is supposed to be distributed to colleges so kids get vaccinated before departing for summer so i would think it will be a short pause unless they find something really bad

In a presser they just said it will be a matter of days only.

at this point though is the lack of J&J really stopping most people from getting a shot if they want one in most areas?
Not in urban areas that have the needed medical equipment to keep the Moderna/Pfizer shots cold enough. The reason J&J is an issue is it's one shot, easier to make and doesn't need to be kept as cold. J&J, much like AZ, was/is the shot that will end the global pandemic by getting poorer countries vaccinated... even in the US J&J would have been the best bet for poor rural areas where it's harder to get the equipment needed for the other vaccines. This pause will cause more deaths and prolong the pandemic.

Not in urban areas that have the needed medical equipment to keep the Moderna/Pfizer shots cold enough. The reason J&J is an issue is it's one shot, easier to make and doesn't need to be kept as cold. J&J, much like AZ, was/is the shot that will end the global pandemic by getting poorer countries vaccinated... even in the US J&J would have been the best bet for poor rural areas where it's harder to get the equipment needed for the other vaccines. This pause will cause more deaths and prolong the pandemic.

its only for a matter of days and a big part is to provide guidance to doctors on how to treat people with the blood clot symptoms because the standard care such as using heparin doesn’t work.

surprising they have only used 7 million doses when they were supposed to have 20 million out for use be end of march.. its really not being all that heavily used in most areas it seems,.

Agree with all of this. It is also the vaccine of choice for the homeless, old folks stuck at their houses who cannot travel, drug addicts, and anyone else who is going to have a hard time getting to a vaccine center twice on the days they are scheduled.

Some general advice to those getting vaccinated:

They say it is really important to be hydrated. I don't know if that is true but I drank a lot of water and had no side effects.

Wear a shirt that makes it easy for them to vaccinate you. You are probably going to get vaccinated in a public area. I saw some people with long sleeve sweatshirts and sweaters on.
Wear a short sleeve shirt or better yet a sleeveless shirt.

They will probably ask you what arm you want to be used. Think about what side of your body you normally sleep on and choose the other side. I think soreness in the arm that was injected is very common. You will sleep better if the side you sleep on the most is painfree.

Yeah, in an article I read it reported women between 18-48. That same article also stated in the general population, that particular cerebral blood clot affects 5 in 1 million, so they'll look at the numbers and will compare if there is indeed actual vaccine related causation.

Yeah, in an article I read it reported women between 18-48. That same article also stated in the general population, that particular cerebral blood clot affects 5 in 1 million, so they'll look at the numbers and will compare if there is indeed actual vaccine related causation.
Very interesting, thanks.

Agree with all of this. It is also the vaccine of choice for the homeless, old folks stuck at their houses who cannot travel, drug addicts, and anyone else who is going to have a hard time getting to a vaccine center twice on the days they are scheduled.

Some general advice to those getting vaccinated:

They say it is really important to be hydrated. I don't know if that is true but I drank a lot of water and had no side effects.

Wear a shirt that makes it easy for them to vaccinate you. You are probably going to get vaccinated in a public area. I saw some people with long sleeve sweatshirts and sweaters on.
Wear a short sleeve shirt or better yet a sleeveless shirt.

They will probably ask you what arm you want to be used. Think about what side of your body you normally sleep on and choose the other side. I think soreness in the arm that was injected is very common. You will sleep better if the side you sleep on the most is painfree.

what if you roll over several times a night and sleep on both sides? Lol.

surprising they have only used 7 million doses when they were supposed to have 20 million out for use be end of march.. its really not being all that heavily used in most areas it seems,.
there was a manufacturer issue at the main supply in maryland which caused less to be available for a short time though i think that is fixed now

what if you roll over several times a night and sleep on both sides? Lol.
I do that. But for me, I still favor one side and spend most of my time on that side.

I didn't take sleeping into account when I made my choice of which arm to use and wish I did. Ended up experiencing a little more discomfort than I had to.

It wasn't a huge deal but I thought I would throw it out there.

I got J&J yesterday (about 21 hours ago) and as The Beatles would say “I feel fine”. My arm was a bit sore for a few minutes but other than that no issues so far.

I also want to give kudos to the folks at the mass vaccination site at the Anaheim Convention Center. From the time I arrived, to parking, checking in, waiting on line and getting the shot, then sitting in observation, I was in and out in 40 minutes. It took me longer to find my car in the parking structures than getting vaccinated. Everyone who was working at the CC was extremely patient and professional. When you consider the scale of delivering million of doses nationwide every day, the process is quite impressive.

VS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors