OT: vaccine | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five+ hours after my Janssen (J&J) vaccination and all is fine.

Glad that I had an early appointment so that it wasn’t canceled due to today’s announcement.
i think today they are substituting the pfizer for anyone with a appoiintment, no idea what there doing with the rest though, since its not expected to be a long pause maybe continue with the pfizer ?

i think today they are substituting the pfizer for anyone with a appoiintment, no idea what there doing with the rest though, since its not expected to be a long pause maybe continue with the pfizer ?
Many locations in Georgia only offer one brand.
Fortunately, https://vaccinespotter.org lets you search for your preferred vaccine. It may take a few days to find a desired location. When you find what you want, book it before someone else grabs it.

My body’s probably already flourishing with antibodies because of dome dogs.

Flourishing, you say? I beg to differ...

1618340383267.png

its only for a matter of days and a big part is to provide guidance to doctors on how to treat people with the blood clot symptoms because the standard care such as using heparin doesn’t work.
That's fine, but the question is what will the pause do to those people who might be getting it? Will they still trust it? The AZ vaccine has similar concerns and no one in Europe wants to take it anymore.

Agree with all of this. It is also the vaccine of choice for the homeless, old folks stuck at their houses who cannot travel, drug addicts, and anyone else who is going to have a hard time getting to a vaccine center twice on the days they are scheduled.

Some general advice to those getting vaccinated:

They say it is really important to be hydrated. I don't know if that is true but I drank a lot of water and had no side effects.

Wear a shirt that makes it easy for them to vaccinate you. You are probably going to get vaccinated in a public area. I saw some people with long sleeve sweatshirts and sweaters on.
Wear a short sleeve shirt or better yet a sleeveless shirt.

They will probably ask you what arm you want to be used. Think about what side of your body you normally sleep on and choose the other side. I think soreness in the arm that was injected is very common. You will sleep better if the side you sleep on the most is painfree.
Two hours post shot two of Pfizer and I'm starting to feel generally tired and a bit achy. Interestingly, arm hurt more after the first shot.

They’ll have to decide if 1 in a million are odds they can handle.
And here are what people are saying in response to those like her stating the #s / odds- "the odds of dying from covid are ____".

And here are what people are saying in response to those like her stating the #s / odds- "the odds of dying from covid are ____".

Closer to 1 in 100, or at least, they were before the vaccines came out.

What are the death rates/odds of covid currently?

Well - IF you're vaccinated, they're pretty much ZERO.

Decision simple for me-
Would rather be wrong by doing the Right Thing by getting vaccine then having related issues,
than be wrong by declining a vaccine then Covid and all it's charms have at me.
>48HR post-2nd Pfizer, and all is well.

I didn't have anything other than the sore arm on the first one.

I got 2nd the shot at roughly 3pm. Started getting some onset of stiff lower back about 6-8 hours later. Woke up the next morning feeling fully hit-by-truck.

Thank you for the info. I actually changed my schedule around from your info.

I had the Pfizer second shot yesterday at 1pm, was originally going to take the afternoon off. Instead I went back to work and took today off. Was a good decision as right after the shot it was a mild soreness at the point of injection on the arm. The soreness increased and by midnight it felt like it's 2000 pounds. Didn't sleep well last night, had mild chills and ache all over, really tired. Today I am in a zombie mode. Definitely better having today off.

At the hospital they gave me a choice of right or left arm. I asked if dose #2 should be injected on the opposing arm of dose #1 and she said no difference it's which arm you may need more for driving or whatever.

Last edited:

I had the Pfizer second shot yesterday at 1pm, was originally going to take the afternoon off. Instead I went back to work and took today off. Was a good decision as right after the shot it was a mild soreness at the point of injection on the arm. The soreness increased and by midnight it felt like it's 2000 pounds. Didn't sleep well last night, had mild chills and ache all over, really tired. Today I am in a zombie mode. Definitely better having today off.

At the hospital they gave me a choice of right or left arm. I asked if dose #2 should be injected on the opposing arm of dose #1 and she said no difference it's which arm you may need more for driving or whatever.
*whatever*

“Driving”

Five+ hours after my Janssen (J&J) vaccination and all is fine.

Glad that I had an early appointment so that it wasn’t canceled due to today’s announcement.
3 days in and no major issues. The muscle was sore a 1-2 days after if I stretched my arm, but that’s been it.

Much better than our friends’ experiences with the other vaccines.

I got my second shot of Moderna Monday morning at 11:45. Had my golf league that evening and got home about 7:30 that night. Next thing I know, I wake up at 7:00 the next morning. Started working, fell back asleep in my chair for 2 hours. Called in sick and proceeded to basically sleep for 24 hours straight. No fever, aches, or chills. Just sleep, sleep, sleep.

Wednesday I felt like a new man and I've determined that I'm now randomly going to sleep for 24 hours straight to replenish my energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom