OT: vaccine | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my 2nd dose yesterday and it absolutely wrecked me. I hope the rest of you win the coin flip cuz this is not fun.
Did you get Moderna? That is the one that seems to get people sick on the second shot. I had no problem with my vaccine shots. But I didn't get the Moderna shot.

I got my second Moderna on April Fool's Day, 4 weeks after the first.

First jab--sore arm for a couple of days, temp up maybe a degree for about 12 hours.

Second shot--side effects much like a mild case of the flu. First, the "brain fog", a light-headedness that came on suddenly and lasted for less than 24 hours; rising slowly avoids the unpleasantness. Then, minor but wide-spread body aches, pretty much gone now. Finally, a minor (2 degrees) spike in temp, lasting no more than a few hours. Now, 48 hours after the shot, I'm 90-95% and still improving.

I'm happy with how it went. I know of a couple of others who had a very unpleasant couple of days post-2nd injection

I got my second Moderna on April Fool's Day, 4 weeks after the first.

First jab--sore arm for a couple of days, temp up maybe a degree for about 12 hours.

Second shot--side effects much like a mild case of the flu. First, the "brain fog", a light-headedness that came on suddenly and lasted for less than 24 hours; rising slowly avoids the unpleasantness. Then, minor but wide-spread body aches, pretty much gone now. Finally, a minor (2 degrees) spike in temp, lasting no more than a few hours. Now, 48 hours after the shot, I'm 90-95% and still improving.

I'm happy with how it went. I know of a couple of others who had a very unpleasant couple of days post-2nd injection
That sounds close to my experience with the 2nd Moderna.

Got the shot mid day Saturday, was fatigued and a little foggy headed. The next day felt like I was run over by a truck, but since it was a Sunday it wasn't really a big deal and I pretty much just took some naps. By Monday, just fine.

Did you get Moderna? That is the one that seems to get people sick on the second shot. I had no problem with my vaccine shots. But I didn't get the Moderna shot.
I've had a few patients have strong reactions to Pfizer and I know some people that were fine after Moderna, but it does seem that Moderna is a little worse.

Got the first dose of Pfizer on Thursday afternoon. Had some numbness in the forearm I had the shot in for a day but outside of that nothing.

Got my first dose of Pfizer Wednesday. Exactly the same -- slightly sore arm [and I mean, it was noticeable but not painful or overly swollen] for about 24 hours, no other side effects of any kind.

Found this article earlier today, detailing statistics about after effects by type of vaccine and age:

I got my 2nd dose yesterday and it absolutely wrecked me. I hope the rest of you win the coin flip cuz this is not fun.
I received mine(Pfizer #2) on 3/26 with nothing but a mildly sore arm. Actually less than #1 where I had some vertigo with the sore arm.

My wife got her 2nd pfizer dose this morning. So far she has a sore shoulder, headache, and fatigue.

What I find interesting is that when I got mine (Moderna), they made a point to put the 2nd dose in the opposite shoulder the 1st was put in. My wife said they didn't bother to ask and put both in the same shoulder for her.

Actually I think you are lucky. A strong response indicates an active and robust immune system response. People that don’t react not so much. At least that is what I was told.
Makes sense, younger people probably more likely to have reactions.

My wife got her 2nd pfizer dose this morning. So far she has a sore shoulder, headache, and fatigue.

What I find interesting is that when I got mine (Moderna), they made a point to put the 2nd dose in the opposite shoulder the 1st was put in. My wife said they didn't bother to ask and put both in the same shoulder for her.
my first time hearing this one

Had a sore shoulder and arm for 2 days after first Moderna, but minor overall. Second is next weekend. Hope it's only mild symptoms but even if not, much better than getting covid sick.

I had gotten the shingles vaccine last year, and so far it's following a similar path. First shot sore for a few days but no big deal. Second shingles shot and I could barely lift my arm for 5 days, and really knocked me back. I'm expecting and I guess hoping for about the same with the second Moderna.

First pfizer, kinda sore arm - but who cares? No different than a flu shot.

Second Pfizer, incredible brain fog. Felt like I do when I’m half awake while getting up to pee in the middle of the night...but couldn’t snap out of it for basically all day. Couldn’t concentrate on anything. Just out of it. Also my armpit hurt for a day or two, which I’m told was swollen lymph nodes - a common immune response. It was noticeable when I tried to sleep on my side that night.

Wasnt “sick” though - just needed a day to lay around and not do anything complicated, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom