OT: vaccine | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
gates.PNG

Received my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine at 11:30 this morning. As of now, I’m a bit tired and spaced out feeling.

Funny little story, I get to CVS and go to where the pharmacist is giving the shots, naturally I’m wearing a Syracuse hoody and the guy comments on it. I sit down and have some small talk about the vaccine and what not. After I get the shot we start talking about Syracuse. He went there during the early 80s and was one of the mascots during the gladiator years. Thought that was pretty cool, made the 15 minute wait go by very quickly.

Last edited:
No idea if I'll need it, but got the NYS Excelsior Pass uploaded to my phone to prove I'm vaccinated.
Very EZ -only took a couple minutes and now no need to carry my vacc card.
Expiration is 6mos from 2nd vacc date.
Apparently you then just go back to the Excelsior Pass website to retrieve a new Pass.

My last shot was 3 weeks ago. I still can't get an Excelsior Pass.

When it asks me for the date of my last shot, the correct date isn't given as an option.

Because some minimum wage clerk either misspelled my name or transposed a digit, I'm out of luck. :(

When it asks me for the date of my last shot, the correct date isn't given as an option.

Because some minimum wage clerk either misspelled my name or transposed a digit, I'm out of luck. :(
As long as you took a picture of the vax card and emailed it to yourself, you should be fine. Also, if it does ever work, take a screenshot of your excelsior pass and or print to pdf and save that as well.

Can you print a hard copy out here?

https://epass.ny.gov.

Can you print a hard copy out here?

https://epass.ny.gov.

I get as far as "When did you get the last dose of your vaccine? and the correct answer isn't listed.

If I answer with the day of my first dose, it tells me I have no active passes available.

Could Onondaga County be that far behind in uploading vax info?

I get as far as "When did you get the last dose of your vaccine? and the correct answer isn't listed.

If I answer with the day of my first dose, it tells me I have no active passes available.

must be you. Lol. My family all got it with no issue.

must be you. Lol. My family all got it with no issue.
I know at least one other person whose info in the database got screwed up. Looks like they are around 95% from the friends and family I have that have been vaccinated here.

I called the 844 number on the website. Waste of time. My "issue" isn't one they have a pre-written response for.

They told me to submit my problem in writing on their website.

What a joke.

I called the 844 number on the website. Waste of time. My "issue" isn't one they have a pre-written response for.

They told me to submit my problem in writing on their website.

What a joke.

did you try to get it from the website instead of the app?

If an out of towner is visiting the area for the summer/fall and is vaxxed can they get an excelsior pass?

Last edited:
I an out of towner is visiting the area for the summer/fall and is vaxxed can they get an excelsior pass?
As of today, I don't think so. I think your data has to be pre-entered in the NYS vaccination database, you have to have had both shots and at least 2 weeks from the 2nd shot need to have passed.

I think there are discussions going on to tie the different state databases together to allow this kind of thing. But as of today, I do not believe this is going to work. Hopefully a centralized national database is eventually created.

I had the same issue for about a month and then voila, it finally appeared. Keep checking everyday and hopefully it will eventually appear...

After getting the vaccine yesterday at 11:30 in the morning I would say all I really felt from it was a headache, sore arm for 12 hours and just a feeling of laziness really. I started snapping out of it late this morning and spent the afternoon mowing the lawn and some other chores outside.

I’d like to add that during my first shot the place was quite full and they were getting people in and out as fast as they could. My second shot I only saw 3 others get vaccinated while I was there. Was a bit disappointed to see it’s dropped off that much.

After getting the vaccine yesterday at 11:30 in the morning I would say all I really felt from it was a headache, sore arm for 12 hours and just a feeling of laziness really. I started snapping out of it late this morning and spent the afternoon mowing the lawn and some other chores outside.

I’d like to add that during my first shot the place was quite full and they were getting people in and out as fast as they could. My second shot I only saw 3 others get vaccinated while I was there. Was a bit disappointed to see it’s dropped off that much.
Could be the majority of the crowd at your first was getting their second.

Could be the majority of the crowd at your first was getting their second.
I mentioned this to the pharmacist and he said before they were doing over 90 people a day and now they’re down to 45.

Mine was off by one day but I chose it anyway and seemed to work.

Mine was off by one day but I chose it anyway and seemed to work.

If I choose the date of my 1st shot, it tells me that it hasn't been 14 days since the shot (it's been almost a month since the 2nd shot).

If I choose one of the other 5 random dates, it can't verify my identity.

Looks like I'm getting laminated. And I'll get a copy of the vaccine card laminated too. ;)

If I choose the date of my 1st shot, it tells me that it hasn't been 14 days since the shot (it's been almost a month since the 2nd shot).

If I choose one of the other 5 random dates, it can't verify my identity.

Looks like I'm getting laminated. And I'll get a copy of the vaccine card laminated too. ;)

they recommend not getting it laminated. They plan to use the same card to record any needed booster. Just take a pic of it on your phone.

they recommend not getting it laminated. They plan to use the same card to record any needed booster. Just take a pic of it on your phone.

You've seen my phone right?

I was going to make a copy of the card, get the copy laminated, and keep the original safe.

Since it appears it'll get yanked in and out of my wallet quite frequently.

Looks like NY redesigned their website last night. It now asks you to directly input the date of your 2nd vax shot.

However NY still has incorrect info for me.

I went through the help form and got this response:

"The vaccinating provider may have entered your information incorrectly or submitted incomplete information to New York State. Only the provider site that administered your vaccination can fix your information - you will need to contact them directly."

So now NY is blaming Onondaga County for the screw up.

Schrödinger's Vaccine.

NY State simultaneously says that my last shot was in March, yet I can't get a pass because it hasn't been 14 days since my last shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom