OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation?

Camping, camping and more camping. Thousand Islands region, Fingerlakes, possibly Ontario. Mrs OburgOrange has my summer booked. The fall belongs to me!

Camping, camping and more camping. Thousand Islands region, Fingerlakes, possibly Ontario. Mrs OburgOrange has my summer booked. The fall belongs to me!

where you heading in the Finger Lakes?

Taking a trip around this great country by motorcycle. Nashville, New Orleans, Austin, Santa Fe/Albuquerque, Zion National Park, Las Vegas, Death Valley, San Diego, Redwood national forest, Coos Bay Oregon, Jackson Hole then Glacier National Park and back home. I will proudly wear an SU football T-shirt as often as I can.

Ride that sucker up the Alaskan Highway!!

by the way, what are you riding?

Riding a cross country trip is on my bucket list. I tried to do one with my dad a few years ago, but he said his cross country riding days were over.

A week in Myrtle Beach in July to visit my son, his wife, and my 6 month old grandson. Then a week in Rochester as a volunteer at the PGA Championship at Oak Hill. This will be needed after my oldest daughter's wedding in June.

My wife and I used to go to Long Beach Island (Jersey Shore) every year for two weeks and have my 3 sons and their families down for a visit. After my wife passed away four years ago I haven't really been on any vacations. This year two of my sons are taking a great house on LBI - bayfront with a dock for a week at the end of June and have invited me down for the week. Looking forward to spending some quality time with their families. Life is good!

Ride that sucker up the Alaskan Highway!!

by the way, what are you riding?

Riding a cross country trip is on my bucket list. I tried to do one with my dad a few years ago, but he said his cross country riding days were over.
Riding an 05 Goldwing with xm and gps. I had hoped to be in California by now but life keeps getting in the way. May have to wait until September.

Riding an 05 Goldwing with xm and gps. I had hoped to be in California by now but life keeps getting in the way. May have to wait until September.
Hell yea brotha. You'll get there!

Chip inspired thread.

So tells us if you are going anywhere this summer?

Jersey Shore, Duck, Destin, Hamptons, Maine, Alaska, Finger Lakes, Adirondacks, ????

Myself will be up in Lake Ontario/1000 Islands this summer.
Third week in July -- Ogunquit.

heading quite often to the Bradwick palace in lovely Dexter ny/Ontario lake! lol, then later on to Italy as u know to track down the family roots. Rome sites then south to Pompeii/Hurculanem, the Amalfi coast (Capri, Positano, Atrani); continue south to Sicily by way of Calabria/Cantazano, the Taormina including The Godfather tour of where it was filmed, finally to the town Lentini (my last name as you know) in the province of Syracuse (believe it or not, kid you not).

There I'm expecting something quite profound to happen like learning the meaning of life or something, or at least see a statue of my likeness there :). Finally on to Palermo and home.

And in between those two events a swing down to NJ with a whole slew of my Cuse brothren to watch the resurgent Orange(men) gridders take it to PSU to start the best season up here in quite some time!
I'm drooling over your Italy itinerary. I hear Amalfi coast is breathtaking.

Amazing you can finance this on the paltry sums that M/C is dolling out. ;)

My wife and I used to go to Long Beach Island (Jersey Shore) every year for two weeks and have my 3 sons and their families down for a visit. After my wife passed away four years ago I haven't really been on any vacations. This year two of my sons are taking a great house on LBI - bayfront with a dock for a week at the end of June and have invited me down for the week. Looking forward to spending some quality time with their families. Life is good!

It's nice to hear that you are able to head back to a place that I'm sure you have many fond memories.

A week in Myrtle Beach in July to visit my son, his wife, and my 6 month old grandson. Then a week in Rochester as a volunteer at the PGA Championship at Oak Hill. This will be needed after my oldest daughter's wedding in June.

My niece waits tables at Oak Hill when she can. Helped work her way through Naz by working there and Wegmans.

My wife, son, and I will be heading up to Boston (with a possible sidetrip to the Vineyard and the Cape) on May 22 (one day before my 4th anniversary) to see my brother, his wife, and their infant son, along with my parents. Looking forward to it very much.

I'm saving all my away time for football season so will spend most of the summer in Virginia. I'm building a house for one of my daughters this summer so it'll be a busy time. My son is going to Bonnaroo in June but oddly he hasn't invited me to go with him no matter how often I mention my availability. Go figure...

Don't listen to Faegan he is being paranoid. Could you guys give me your addresses when you have a chance...;)

Need Social Security numbers as well just to make sure your security remains social. Also bank account numbers and credit card numbers to make sure nobody tries to hack them while you are away. Trust me!