OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation?

When you going Clifton?
Right around the time you are. On my to do list right now is to go to a Yankees/Padres game, play some golf-still debating about Torrey Pines, go to the zoo, go to Del Mar racetrack and go to sleep drunk every night.

Great topic, august 23 - 30 me and the wife will be on a bermuda cruise (royal caribbean). On way back from baltimore will be stopping in east rutherford for some college football game, team I, um, forget name. Whatever. Has anyone ever been to bermuda b4? My 1st time, any recommendations on stuff to see in the royal naval dockyard?
Took a Royal Carib cruise to Bermuda around the same time of year. Loved it! There's a nice little beach near where the boat docks. Head downtown and look around at the shops - great seeing the police directing traffic in their shorts and high socks. Take a short bus ride to Horseshoe Bay/Beach. A bit touristy, but incredible blue/green water - great for snorkeling. Enjoy! I'd go again in a heartbeat, but the wife was fine on the boat but had a case of mal de mer (?) afterwards. Felt like she was still on the boat for 2 weeks. Sadly, not many cruises in my future. Have a great time.

Right around the time you are. On my to do list right now is to go to a Yankees/Padres game, play some golf-still debating about Torrey Pines, go to the zoo, go to Del Mar racetrack and go to sleep drunk every night.

I went to a padres game when I was young. Great ball park. The zoo is great- hopefully you mean the wild animal park. Legoland was so so, if you have young kids they may enjoy it but if not, go to the beach instead. Oh, and eat in n out and Roberto's as much as humanly possible.

I plan to spend a few days down in pacific beach (with my two cousins, all of us under 24 y/o), should be a blast.

I went to a padres game when I was young. Great ball park. The zoo is great- hopefully you mean the wild animal park. Legoland was so so, if you have young kids they may enjoy it but if not, go to the beach instead. Oh, and eat in n out and Roberto's as much as humanly possible.

I plan to spend a few days down in pacific beach (with my two cousins, all of us under 24 y/o), should be a blast.
We're staying right down in Mission Beach so going to the beach is a given. Should be good.

Maine - which oddly is one of 5 states I've never been to. In early September am going to the Toronto Film Festival.

Maine is awesome - I would live in Portland in a second.

I have 6 left to get to all 50: Hawaii, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Vermont.

In the last several months I've done trips to San Francisco, Philadelphia, Miami,New Orleans and Syracuse, along with the rather expensive staycation that was the Big East Tournament so I'm taking it easy this summer.

Staying at my friends' home on fire island for several days. Will have the place to myself for a few days and hopefully will do nothing but enjoy some alone time on the beach.

Also planning a trip to Chicago for the northwestern game that will be a great time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Maine is awesome - I would live in Portland in a second.

I have 6 left to get to all 50: Hawaii, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Vermont.
Mine are Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Maine and North Dakota. Frankly I don't ever see North Dakota happening.

In the last several months I've done trips to San Francisco, Philadelphia, Miami,New Orleans and Syracuse, along with the rather expensive staycation that was the Big East Tournament so I'm taking it easy this summer.

Staying at my friends' home on fire island for several days. Will have the place to myself for a few days and hopefully will do nothing but enjoy some alone time on the beach.

Also planning a trip to Chicago for the northwestern game that will be a great time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Chicago is a blast. Very cool city! If you get a chance try to do the architectural tour. I don't think you will regret it.

heading quite often to the Bradwick palace in lovely Dexter ny/Ontario lake! lol, then later on to Italy as u know to track down the family roots. Rome sites then south to Pompeii/Hurculanem, the Amalfi coast (Capri, Positano, Atrani); continue south to Sicily by way of Calabria/Cantazano, the Taormina including The Godfather tour of where it was filmed, finally to the town Lentini (my last name as you know) in the province of Syracuse (believe it or not, kid you not).

There I'm expecting something quite profound to happen like learning the meaning of life or something, or at least see a statue of my likeness there :). Finally on to Palermo and home.

And in between those two events a swing down to NJ with a whole slew of my Cuse brothren to watch the resurgent Orange(men) gridders take it to PSU to start the best season up here in quite some time!

Wow! Enjoy. My wife raves about the Amalfi Coast... I've never had the pleasure.

Have a trip to Minnesota planned next month.

Then for the most part it will just be weekend trips to the Adirondacks (may start the high peaks this year with my son).

One our two trips to NYC for a Yankees game. Then of course the psu game.

Planning on a few day trips with the fam too.

Probably going to Ohio at some point (as usual), Jersey Shore here and there to give it the support it deserves and will spend some time on Nantucket with the kids and one set of their grandparents.

Fayetville is a nice little town. Hit me up when you come through KC. I can give you some pointers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bermuda is very nice. Not a crazy party island, but the people are very friendly. I saw Mark's suggestions about the moped. We didn't do that but took the public bus around. Very easy to get around. Definite dark and stormies. The highlight of our trip was meeting Michael Douglas and talking with him for about 20 minutes about all his relatives in Albany and hanging out at night smoking Cuban cigars. We went in 1998 and have always said that we want to go back but there are too many other places in this big world to go see.

This post would have earned some serious LIKES if his wife CZJ had been there.

Mine are Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Maine and North Dakota. Frankly I don't ever see North Dakota happening.

Mine are Alaska and Hawaii. My wife isn't much for cold, so AK is doubtful.

heading quite often to the Bradwick palace in lovely Dexter ny/Ontario lake! lol, then later on to Italy as u know to track down the family roots. Rome sites then south to Pompeii/Hurculanem, the Amalfi coast (Capri, Positano, Atrani); continue south to Sicily by way of Calabria/Cantazano, the Taormina including The Godfather tour of where it was filmed, finally to the town Lentini (my last name as you know) in the province of Syracuse (believe it or not, kid you not).

There I'm expecting something quite profound to happen like learning the meaning of life or something, or at least see a statue of my likeness there :). Finally on to Palermo and home.

And in between those two events a swing down to NJ with a whole slew of my Cuse brothren to watch the resurgent Orange(men) gridders take it to PSU to start the best season up here in quite some time!

Mike, we just got back from a week on the Amalfi Coast. Sweet trip. Let me know if you need any travel tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk