OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation?

I'm saving all my away time for football season so will spend most of the summer in Virginia. I'm building a house for one of my daughters this summer so it'll be a busy time. My son is going to Bonnaroo in June but oddly he hasn't invited me to go with him no matter how often I mention my availability. Go figure...

I've got some bonnaroo stories.. Might tell you them after your son leaves for it though. :)

Tee gives out more likes than a sorority girl gives out the goods at 3am after drinking tequila and dancing to "call me maybe" all night in a frat basement
I think I was drinking vodka tonics that night, not tequila but when you're right, you're right.

Thumbs-up1.png

My parents "camp" in the Poconos. I felt like I used "camp" in good context there, yeah? ;)
Slow, but learning still.

Maybe a small, 3-5 day vaca, Ocean City MD, Cape May or similar.

Ahh the Poconos, I did 5 days in the Poconos at the Palace Resort with an old girlfriend when I was on R&R. Place looked like it would have been a hot spot back in the 70s lol. It was cool, we had a blast, private pool in each room! champagne hot tub. PS- military ID gets you 50% off monday - friday

I'm drooling over your Italy itinerary. I hear Amalfi coast is breathtaking.

Amazing you can finance this on the paltry sums that M/C is dolling out. ;)
ahh, this is the reason, my friend, that God invented credit cards...:)

Seriously, no away SU ball games this year or anything else and viola, its financed believe it or not.

heading quite often to the Bradwick palace in lovely Dexter ny/Ontario lake! lol, then later on to Italy as u know to track down the family roots. Rome sites then south to Pompeii/Hurculanem, the Amalfi coast (Capri, Positano, Atrani); continue south to Sicily by way of Calabria/Cantazano, the Taormina including The Godfather tour of where it was filmed, finally to the town Lentini (my last name as you know) in the province of Syracuse (believe it or not, kid you not).

There I'm expecting something quite profound to happen like learning the meaning of life or something, or at least see a statue of my likeness there :). Finally on to Palermo and home.

And in between those two events a swing down to NJ with a whole slew of my Cuse brothren to watch the resurgent Orange(men) gridders take it to PSU to start the best season up here in quite some time!

Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner...We took kids for first time back in 2010...Rome, Monopoli (wife's relatives) and Forte Dei Marmi (my friends)...Yours sounds like an amazing trip..my wife is dying to go to Amalfi coast...that will probably be our trip the next time we get back...

Ahh the Poconos, I did 5 days in the Poconos at the Palace Resort with an old girlfriend when I was on R&R. Place looked like it would have been a hot spot back in the 70s lol. It was cool, we had a blast, private pool in each room! champagne hot tub. PS- military ID gets you 50% off monday - friday
I know this place, and yeah, I think it' still around and outdated...but exactly, not for the 70s.
My boy caught his first fish in the Poconos last summer, and probably rent a little pontoon boat and do it again, waterparks and the like. Always fun, but we need some beach time too. :)

My parents "camp" in the Poconos. I felt like I used "camp" in good context there, yeah? ;)
Slow, but learning still.

Maybe a small, 3-5 day vaca, Ocean City MD, Cape May or similar.

Yes...in CNY/NNY speak a camp is a vacation place ownd by you or a friend on/or near a lake or river. Camp can also mean something more rustic (like a backwoods hunting cabin) but to someone in the "315" it is your 2nd home in Upstate NY/lower Canada.

My wife is from Rochester and she calls it a cottage. I've heard others call it a lake house.

BTW, my wife is wrong about this (camp/cottage) and about Soda/pop and about Hofmann's/Zweigles...sigh.

Chip's house.

Please do. I need 3 days notice to stock up and safely get the wife and child out of town.

I'm in Cape May, NJ for a week and then who knows what else. Hopefully a trip to NYC around Labor Day, Chicago the following weekend. Haven't figured out how I'm pulling all that off without a divorce lawyer being involved.

Yes...in CNY/NNY speak a camp is a vacation place own by you or a friend on/or near a lake or river. Camp can also mean something more rustic (like a backwoods hunting cabin) but to someone in the "315" it is your 2nd home in Upstate NY/lower Canada.

My wife is from Rochester and she calls it a cottage. I've heard others call it a lake house.
Much thanks. :)
My folk's place is both vacation place on the lake and a little cottage.
Little bit from column a, little bit from column b.
Throw in a little tent camping in the area, and you can say I'm a triple threat!

Much thanks. :)
My folk's place is both vacation place on the lake and a little cottage.
Little bit from column a, little bit from column b.
Throw in a little tent camping in the area, and you can say I'm a triple threat!
Show them your new growth as a person and what you learned from your Internet friends...correct them and tell them it is "their camp".

Great topic, august 23 - 30 me and the wife will be on a bermuda cruise (royal caribbean). On way back from baltimore will be stopping in east rutherford for some college football game, team I, um, forget name. Whatever. Has anyone ever been to bermuda b4? My 1st time, any recommendations on stuff to see in the royal naval dockyard?

Either Syracuse in the middle of June for my 20th HS reunion or Gulf Shores.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ride that sucker up the Alaskan Highway!!

by the way, what are you riding?

Riding a cross country trip is on my bucket list. I tried to do one with my dad a few years ago, but he said his cross country riding days were over.

speaking of Bucket List, one of mine is to drive my 1976 TR6 across the country...sooner then later!

Great topic, august 23 - 30 me and the wife will be on a bermuda cruise (royal caribbean). On way back from baltimore will be stopping in east rutherford for some college football game, team I, um, forget name. Whatever. Has anyone ever been to bermuda b4? My 1st time, any recommendations on stuff to see in the royal naval dockyard?

Try a dark n stormy (Goslings Dark Rim with Ginger Beer), rent a moped all day and drive the island...BTW, $20 sez you drive on the wrong side at least once and lastly just walk Hamilton. Gorgeous place, kinda like the Caribbean but more safe and British.

I've driven Boston to Syracuse many times. When I moved I did Syracuse to KC. About 8 years ago did Quincy, IL to Phoenix and a long while back I did LA to Phoenix.
By the law that states every SU basketball game is a home game I have driven cross country.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner...We took kids for first time back in 2010...Rome, Monopoli (wife's relatives) and Forte Dei Marmi (my friends)...Yours sounds like an amazing trip..my wife is dying to go to Amalfi coast...that will probably be our trip the next time we get back...
Gotta admit I'm pretty jazzed for this trip. Seeing as both sides of the family hail from there I'm psyched to finally get there as an adult. Vaguely recall being there as a kid and not really appreciating much, lil different this time around. Sounds like from your post/board name that you're a semi-regular over there. Would love to sometime hear your quick reccomendations and advice of what to do/see from someone who knows the ropes.

Bermuda is very nice. Not a crazy party island, but the people are very friendly. I saw Mark's suggestions about the moped. We didn't do that but took the public bus around. Very easy to get around. Definite dark and stormies. The highlight of our trip was meeting Michael Douglas and talking with him for about 20 minutes about all his relatives in Albany and hanging out at night smoking Cuban cigars. We went in 1998 and have always said that we want to go back but there are too many other places in this big world to go see.