other than Battle... | Syracusefan.com

other than Battle...

Shark58

BANNED
who will you be comfortable seeing hoisting up shots next year?

2009-11-27-dn-subasketjpg-bec216084b74e197_medium.jpg

At this point, only Thompson. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we can add Howard to the list. I'm really really hoping we can add Tucker as is everyone.

Frank, Oshae, TT,

I think Frank has the potential to be an effective game manager type point guard (similar to Z Sims), if he gets a little confidence, loses a bit of the lousy attitude, and doesn't have to worry about Boeheim yanking him for a minuscule mistake and can get into the flow of the game.

But he is truly one of the least talented offensive perimeter players we have had here in recent memory.

Volume shooting? Tyus and Taurean.

Shoot if they're open? Those two, Frank and Howard (assuming he gets run).

Oshae looks to be improving his shot greatly in his tapes, and maybe Moyer's developed but I don't know.

Volume shooting? Tyus and Taurean.

Shoot if they're open? Those two, Frank and Howard (assuming he gets run).

Oshae looks to be improving his shot greatly in his tapes, and maybe Moyer's developed but I don't know.

I think Frank and Howard only count as one player. One of those should be plenty in my book.

How many of us would have listed Thompson in a post like this last offseason? Probably not many. I know I was pleasantly surprised at how advanced his offensive skills were.

That makes it hard to know for guys like Moyer and the incoming freshmen.

Think a lot of people forgot Moyer was a choice recruit for us, we didn't just end up with him. He wasn't a plan C at the position. This kid should be good.

The roster is truly scary right now.
I mean we have to add atleast 2 guys.

I mean listening to Francis podcast was sobering. This fanbase has a significant portion who don't look at things objectively. We are celebrating our coaches doing what every single elite coach does for all prospects.
We are being outworked and people don't want to hear it.
This roster is thin because of this.
I love Battle. I don't see him scoring 20PPG though. I would love 15 PPG.
Thompson can score but can't play defense. Hopefully he gets better.

This post is good because it shines on a spotlight on the problem.

How many of us would have listed Thompson in a post like this last offseason? Probably not many. I know I was pleasantly surprised at how advanced his offensive skills were.

That makes it hard to know for guys like Moyer and the incoming freshmen.
Brissett has really impressed me. He is putting in work. His development over the past year is remarkable. And, I would never count out Moyer. He is intelligent and hard working. He will do everything possible to be ready to contribute. This team will be extremely young. It should be a fun and sometimes frustrating ride next year.

TT and Tucker if he comes. Need more guard help big time. We currently have only Frank Howard and Howard Washington as lead guard/ballhandler candidates. That scares the living crap out of me. One needs to make a complete 180 to be able to compete at an ACC level. The other is an unknown who shows promise but is a few years away.

I think Frank has the potential to be an effective game manager type point guard (similar to Z Sims), if he gets a little confidence, loses a bit of the lousy attitude, and doesn't have to worry about Boeheim yanking him for a minuscule mistake and can get into the flow of the game.

But he is truly one of the least talented offensive perimeter players we have had here in recent memory.

Yikes. We have had Kaleb Joseph, Ron Patterson, and Trevor Cooney play major roles in the last three years, and that time period also saw Syracuse convert a wing who Boeheim characterized "the type of kid who will pick up his lost shoe during a live game" into a starting point guard.

If true, that doesn't say much about Frank. Good times!

Yikes. We have had Kaleb Joseph, Ron Patterson, and Trevor Cooney play major roles in the last three years, and that time period also saw Syracuse convert a wing who Boeheim characterized "the type of kid who will pick up his lost shoe during a live game" into a starting point guard.

If true, that doesn't say much about Frank. Good times!

Yep, I would consider Kaleb, Ron and Frank to be the three worst offensive scholarship guards at SU in probably the last 15-20 years. IMO Cooney is a significant notch above these guys.

Yep, I would consider Kaleb, Ron and Frank to be the three worst offensive scholarship guards at SU in probably the last 15-20 years. IMO Cooney is a significant notch above these guys.

I would add Josh Wright and James Thues to your list.

I would add Josh Wright and James Thues to your list.

I agree they weren't really good but Wright and Thues had their moments. Thues singlehandedly won some games for us like in MSG in some early season OOC games if I remember correctly. Both those guys could handle the ball, too.

Think a lot of people forgot Moyer was a choice recruit for us, we didn't just end up with him. He wasn't a plan C at the position. This kid should be good.
Nobody is forgetting that. The question is whether he'll be ready to be an offensive threat this year. This team will need to find scoring from somewhere outside of Tyus and TT, we're just hoping MM can contribute to that.

Including Cooney in there is insulting to him. Just because the kid wasn't super clutch or didn't have great percentages, doesn't mean he should be lumped in with some of the least talented offensive players we've seen. His shooting #'s weren't much worse than Gmac's, but he didn't have the clutch factor to make up for it.

Including Cooney in there is insulting to him. Just because the kid wasn't super clutch or didn't have great percentages, doesn't mean he should be lumped in with some of the least talented offensive players we've seen. His shooting #'s weren't much worse than Gmac's, but he didn't have the clutch factor to make up for it.

But shooting and defending were the only things he was said to do well. So if you say one of those wasn't that good, that leaves him as a fairly underskilled player with decent, if inefficient, productivity. I mean, a starting guard who can't handle or distribute and shoots under 40% (far under 40%) from the floor for a career - if that doesn't epitomize a guard who falls under the "least talented offensive" umbrella, I don't know what does.

I don't think there's anything insulting about it. Not, at least, any more insulting than it is to the Howards and Pattersons out there.

The roster is truly scary right now.
I mean we have to add atleast 2 guys.

I mean listening to Francis podcast was sobering. This fanbase has a significant portion who don't look at things objectively. We are celebrating our coaches doing what every single elite coach does for all prospects.
We are being outworked and people don't want to hear it.
This roster is thin because of this.
I love Battle. I don't see him scoring 20PPG though. I would love 15 PPG.
Thompson can score but can't play defense. Hopefully he gets better.

This post is good because it shines on a spotlight on the problem.
Agree with everything. The being outworked part is most upsetting to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom