Our boring style has produced two #1 seeds | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Our boring style has produced two #1 seeds

Our offense sucked that entire year. We won games on the best zone D ever. Also in the Indiana game MCW cemented his lottery status against Victor Oladipo. He was the offense that game.
Why don't we talk about what this is really about? Jb says that you know crap about Assignor Estoppel. And I have to side with JB on this one.

Our offense sucked that entire year. We won games on the best zone D ever. Also in the Indiana game MCW cemented his lottery status against Victor Oladipo. He was the offense that game.

It was up and down because those guys were inconsistent. Defense tends to not be inconsistent. If each of those guys scored 8 point we win that game.

You mocking players to defend a crappy 2013 offense isn't funny.

If JB worked on offensive sets just a little that 2013 team was a NC worthy.
LOL Give me a break. if those guys hit shots against Michigan, we might have another NC. Bayside just went over the #'s. it was on them. Not the coach. And 200k a year is nice, but it isn't making a killing anywhere that I know.

You mocking players to defend a crappy 2013 offense isn't funny.

If JB worked on offensive sets just a little that 2013 team was a NC worthy.

I tried to erase that game from memory, but since my man from Bayside couldn't hit the side of a barn, nor could Grant or MCW get anything going, he adjusted on the fly to option 3.5 in CJ Fair and got us a shot to win it.

MCW and Triche were great penetrators and passers, but there was no offense in basketball that was going to make them consistent 3 point shooters.

Dasher mocking Southerland to defend JB's crap offense is pathetic.

Our offense sucks and has sucked unless the talent has covered it up. That is a terrible offensive system. We don't go all the way because of it. I would like to win another NC instead of just getting to the Final Four a better offense would have helped the 2013 team. It had enough college talent.

Again answer the question how many Final four games since 1985 have been won by a team scoring in the 50s.

MCW and Triche were great penetrators and passers, but there was no offense in basketball that was going to make them consistent 3 point shooters.
Right but they didn't need to be 3pt shooters. Penetrating got Southerland open looks that year. Teams would clog the paint because our offense was all one on one or jump shooting.

right. and if you want to say JB hans't dedicated enough effort to get better shooters, I am right there with you. White and Gillon have shot the ball well this year but they aren't Syracuse players if you know what I mean. Howard, Joseph, Roberson. who saw those guys and said, boy, those guys will score pts at the D-1 level.

Dasher mocking Southerland to defend JB's crap offense is pathetic.

Our offense sucks and has sucked unless the talent has covered it up. That is a terrible offensive system. We don't go all the way because of it. I would like to win another NC instead of just getting to the Final Four a better offense would have helped the 2013 team. It had enough college talent.

Again answer the question how many Final four games since 1985 have been won by a team scoring in the 50s.
Don't get personal because you aren't doing well. It won't end well. You already looked foolish and I let it go with the 16 ECAC team remarks. Happens when you talk about stuff you know little about.

right. and if you want to say JB hans't dedicated enough effort to get better shooters, I am right there with you. White and Gillon have shot the ball well this year but they aren't Syracuse players if you know what I mean. Howard, Joseph, Roberson. who saw those guys and said, boy, those guys will score pts at the D-1 level.

I think the recruiting of Mal, Lydon, Battle, and Thompson shows we have seen a shift to more offensively skilled players, but we need more of them.

Don't get personal because you aren't doing well. It won't end well.
How many Final four games since 1985 have been won by a team that scores in the 50s?

How many Final four games since 1985 have been won by a team that scores in the 50s?
Who cares? We have won 4 final four games since '85. That is what I care about. was someone else coaching our team then? Did JB suddenly forget how to coach offense? Or were our players not good enough to score more in those other years. Southerland scored 5 pts. He missed open shots.

I think the recruiting of Mal, Lydon, Battle, and Thompson shows we have seen a shift to more offensively skilled players, but we need more of them.
For this offensive system we have now we need this type of lineup.

PG-Scoop/Gbinije
SG- Battle/Triche/
SF- Fair/White/Rautins
PF-Southerland/Lydon
C- Jackson/Christmas

For this offensive system we have now we need this type of lineup.

PG-Scoop/Gbinije
SG- Battle/Triche/
SF- Fair/White/Rautins
PF-Southerland/Lydon
C- Jackson/Christmas
Rautins can't play the 3 in our defense. He gets murdered on the boards.

We could have easily won the title in 2013 if the ball and calls bounce a different way. The game has changed a lot since that year. That was a very defensive season overall in CBB. I'm pretty sure it was the lowest scoring season ever.

Who cares? We have won 4 final four games since '85. That is what I care about. was someone else coaching our team then? Did JB suddenly forget how to coach offense? Or were our players not good enough to score more in those other years. Southerland scored 5 pts. He missed open shots.
I think he has neglected the offense to recruit size and athletic players over more skilled offensive players.

This cycle he added Battle and Thompson which are great we need more of these types.

Rautins can't play the 3 in our defense. He gets murdered on the boards.
He played plenty of the 3 for us in 2009 and 2010. He switched between the top and side.

I think it's fair to wish for better offensive design though even with these shooting upgrades. We just can't run PnR it seems against anybody decent and that's going back to Ennis. It just doesn't seem there are enough built in tactical counter moves to battle some of these teams who focus on defending PnR well. It can't be all on Gillon. I think our offense is also masked by some great shooters this year. We take lots of bad 1 on 1 shots and sometimes they go in because these guys are talented shooters. Often, it's obvious the shots are launched without any offensive flow. Bail outs. I think it's also fair to ponder that JB seems to tolerate bad shots more than many coaches. Obviously the defense has been more of a problem this year than the offense but it ain't all rosey on the offensive side of the ball. @GT, this latest Miami game were some real stinkers offensively where players just looked clueless most of the game. Lots of standing around. That can't be happening at this stage of the season.

He played plenty of the 3 for us in 2009 and 2010. He switched between the top and side.
Yes. And he wasn't good at it. In 2010, he played very, very little at the 3

We could have easily won the title in 2013 if the ball and calls bounce a different way. The game has changed a lot since that year. That was a very defensive season overall in CBB. I'm pretty sure it was the lowest scoring season ever.
Simple question regardless of our talent is our current offensive philosophy/tactics good in your mind?

I think he has neglected the offense to recruit size and athletic players over more skilled offensive players.

This cycle he added Battle and Thompson which are great we need more of these types.
By the way, we have played 8 final four games since '85 A grand total of once, we scored in the 50's. Once. it was the same coach for the other 7 games. Only thing that was different was the players. The players in 2013 didn't shoot it well enough for us in that semi final.

Disagree. Michigan had the players and skill to give UL a hell of a game. That was an exciting final. 82-76. They shot 52% and 44% from 3. 72% from the line and lost. We would've scored like 50 and lost by 20, imo.

Simple question regardless of our talent is our current offensive philosophy/tactics good in your mind?
Simple question, if you believe as you do, that our offensive scheme is BAD. There must be a reason that JB runs such a bad offense. There are only a few things that it could be, either jb doesn't know enough about basketball or he believes that he is running a GOOD offense and that you are wrong. Which do you think it is?

Disagree. Michigan had the players and skill to give UL a hell of a game. That was an exciting final. 82-76. They shot 52% and 44% from 3. 72% from the line and lost. We would've scored like 50 and lost by 20, imo.
I don't think so. We gave them all they could handle in the Big east final. We ran out of gas. And the guy that absolutely killed us, Ware, was badly injured earlier that night and would not play in the title game. Or ever again for the Cards. We would have given them a great game.

By the way, we have played 8 final four games since '85 A grand total of once, we scored in the 50's. Once. it was the same coach for the other 7 games. Only thing that was different was the players. The players in 2013 didn't shoot it well enough for us in that semi final.
You don't get my point.
When your offensive system relies on good talent to be effective it's a terrible system. As most systems with good talent are effective.

JB not tweeking his offensive system has hurt him when we have lost in the tournament recently. Somebody pages back outlined this. We have had a good defense but we have neglected the offense. That is on the coach. Not the players if its all the players then we aren't winning a NC until we get another Melo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom