Our next 7 games lol | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Our next 7 games lol

Stock up: Clemson, Wake

Stock down: Pitt, FSU, NC State

Not concerned: BC

NCSt and FSU in the Dome should be really good games.

Didn't it look like on the front of the NC State helmets it said "NIT" ? ;)

NIT State! Forgot about that! Lol. We had a heck of a message board feud going with them back then.

One thing that gives me real optimism for this team: they absolutely took care of business last night. I know Wagner is not really D-1, but how often have we had "great" SU teams struggle, for at least part of the game, against these types of foes? There was no let up, no fluke plays, etc.

One thing that gives me real optimism for this team: they absolutely took care of business last night. I know Wagner is not really D-1, but how often have we had "great" SU teams struggle, for at least part of the game, against these types of foes? There was no let up, no fluke plays, etc.

We came out and absolutely crushed the hope out of them. It was great to see.

Reality - we are a precarious 5:0 'team with only one solid win, no running game, weak in the trenches, and not deep in receivers. Not to mention a couple of crucial injuries. Not all wins are the same. Last second squeakers are not comparable to dominant wins. 7 wins would make me very happy. 8 wins is very unlikely. NCS will tell us what to expect. In any event, we are improved and it has been a long time coming. Smiles...

Last edited:
Clemson absolutely looks top 5 and will probably go undefeated
That may be, but Babers and Co. will have their say in that matter before Clemson can start making travel plans.

We came out and absolutely crushed the hope out of them. It was great to see.
Great to see? It should have not been played. There are better HS teams. They wanted the money and we wanted a guaranteed W.

Great to see? It should have not been played. There are better HS teams. They wanted the money and we wanted a guaranteed W.
Everyone got what they wanted, therefore it should have been played

I’m Irish, Sicilian, with a touch of Albanian. Very binary thinking.
So you kill people, then drink with the survivors…wearing bad outfits.

I remember when Marrone beat WV to go 5-3 and he stated that there might not be another win on the schedule. He was right and we finished 5-7. There is not another guaranteed win on this years schedule. Every game is going to be very tough.
We were 5-2 after blowing out WVU on a Friday night at home on national TV. I remember that fast Florida kid (name escapes me) ran a kickoff back for a TD. Geno Smith had that bewildered look on the WVU sideline while on the phone talking to the coaches upstairs. We lost out after that. It kills me to this day.

Reality - we are a precarious 5:0 'team with only one solid win, no running game, weak in the trenches, and not deep in receivers. Not to mention a couple of crucial injuries. Not all wins are the same. Last second squeakers are not comparable to dominant wins. 7 wins would make me very happy. 8 wins is very unlikely. NCS will tell us what to expect. In any event, we are improved and it has been a long time coming. Smiles...

I think injuries are the only thing precarious right now. The run game could get better but we’re winning with it as it is, same with the WR’s. If all the things you listed as being precarious were improved we’d be a top 5 team. As is, we’re a top 25 team easily.

We were 5-2 after blowing out WVU on a Friday night at home on national TV. I remember that fast Florida kid (name escapes me) ran a kickoff back for a TD. Geno Smith had that bewildered look on the WVU sideline while on the phone talking to the coaches upstairs. We lost out after that. It kills me to this day.
Dorian Graham was the fast Florida kid (whose father used to post here)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom