Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Sort of too weak

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • OK

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I like the Rutgers type FB scheduling

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
... Loading the schedule up with too many of these games is why SU has ceded the annual attendance title.

Maybe. Playing non-name teams doesn't help the gate. But the attendance concern goes deeper than that. We played big conference schools the past two seasons. Both were weekend night games; neither was bigger than the biggest crowd at Rupp (22,334 for North Carolina State; 24,459 for Florida).

Syracuse just can't draw for pre-conference games. I have to think the Dome atmosphere contributes to this. Scheduling Monmouth and Alcorn State, of course, does not help.

Maybe. Playing non-name teams doesn't help the gate. But the attendance concern goes deeper than that. We played big conference schools the past two seasons. Both were weekend night games; neither was bigger than the biggest crowd at Rupp (22,334 for North Carolina State; 24,459 for Florida).
they don't have to be bigger than the biggest crowd at Rupp, they just have to be a little bigger than they are now.

SU just barely lost the attendance title last year - another 1982 fans spread out through the year and the Orange would have unseated the Cats. Bring in another non-threatening but moderately regarded BCS team - say Oregon instead of Tulane - and the title is in Syracuse again.

For those interested, here are the attendance leaders for the last 25 years.

they don't have to be bigger than the biggest crowd at Rupp, they just have to be a little bigger than they are now.

SU just barely lost the attendance title last year - another 1982 fans spread out through the year and the Orange would have unseated the Cats. Bring in another non-threatening but moderately regarded BCS team - say Oregon instead of Tulane - and the title is in Syracuse again.

For those interested, here are the attendance leaders for the last 25 years.

No way of knowing, but I think we're going to draw an average of 19- or 20-whatever no matter who we bring in during December. Timing of the games (not having so many games without students) is more important than the opponent at this time of year. Tulane drew 18,679 on a Thursday night three days before Christmas. Can't see Oregon or Alabama or Iowa topping that by any significant amount.

It is too weak for my liking... but that is the case for all the power teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom