Out of the box next coach: | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Out of the box next coach:

On the cheaper side Niko Medved, paying up but probably affordable then Matt McMahon​

I don't know Sean Miller has left University of Arizona. I think Syracuse should grab him. He is a great coach.

The fact that Pitino "completely owned us and handed us some of our worst losses" is all the more reason to hire him.

As soon as he came in and won his first big game, I believe you would be one of his biggest fans. That's not a knock on you - but you would greatly respect the change.

As far as the villain part, I would give him the benefit of the doubt for learning from his "excesses".

I don't know hes too big of a rival and I'm also a Celtics fan. I only am not as vehemently opposed to it as I was because JB might be turning us into Pitt/BC by the time he is done but it would be the equivalent of Larry Brown to SMU its not like there are multiple options for that kind of win automatically old coach with not much time left. If the program were in that position 5 years ago I'd maybe take a chance on Calhoun. I dislike Pitino more.

I just wouldn’t sit at a back table at Angotti’s for a while.
I used to frequent the Cafe Garzone. Not worried:)

Melo!! Howard is doing really well at Michigan, especially recruiting. Melo could surround himself with great assistants and would kill it on the recruiting scene.

Shaheen Holloway, Seton Hall, obviously had that great run with St. Peters

Wes Miller, did very well at UNC Greensboro, in his 2nd year at CIncinnati

Bashir Mason, in his 1st year at St. Peter's, did well at Wagner, coached under Danny Hurley at Rhode Island

Jordan Mincy, Jacksonville

Is there any chance that Patrick Beilein returns to coaching?

Greg Paulus has not really done anything at Niagara and is struggling

Kyle Neptune, just got his first head coaching job at Fordham. Was an assistant at Villanova

Jay McAuley, Wofford

the SU administration would NEVER hire Pitino and the Melo idea is, well, insane. I just think we are doomed(potentially doomed) to have Red as next coach and hope for the best. the AD and Chancellor don't have the sack to go against JBs wishes, and I would be beyond shocked if he hasn't anointed Red as his successor

Let's say our average attendance goes down to under 10K fans per game? What happens then?

How about Red Holtzman? Just put a large cut out of him on the sideline and he can’t do any worse than what we have now.

Someone said Pitino has been seen in Syracuse a few times recently. Anyone confirm? No idea if that’s true. Just a rumor I heard.

Let's say our average attendance goes down to under 10K fans per game? What happens then?
I don’t think that would ever happen, even groobers years the football team was pulling in 20K a game and people are far more resilient with their support of basketball

I don’t think that would ever happen, even groobers years the football team was pulling in 20K a game and people are far more resilient with their support of basketball

There are only 6 or 7 home football games, and there are usually at least 20 basketball home games.

Our biggest-ever home basketball crowds are 17,000 fewer attendees than the number for a sold out football game.

You can't compare football attendance to basketball.

There are only 6 or 7 home football games, and there are usually at least 20 basketball home games. Our biggest-ever home basketball crowds are 17,000 fewer attendees for a sold out football game. You can't compare football attendance to basketball.
I’m just saying that there are more than enough diehards to make 10K or less fans very unlikely

I’m just saying that there are more than enough diehards to make 10K or less fans very unlikely

Let's just say the University has a lot of revenue riding on these next few games.

We could easily lose 5 more games before Christmas, if we don't play a LOT better - Illinois, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Pitt and Richmond.

Let's just say the University has a lot of revenue riding on these next few games.

We could easily lose 5 more games before Christmas, if we don't play a LOT better - Illinois, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Pitt and Richmond.
Not sure I follow? 90%+ of revenue is fixed through the ACC payout and season tickets

Not sure I follow? 90%+ of revenue is fixed through the ACC payout and season tickets

That's an exaggeration, but I can't find verifiable numbers online.

The reason Syracuse is always in the Top 10 in revenue per college team is not based on $250 season tickets or the lowest paying of the Power 5 TV deals.

We make a lot of money from game day attendance. We are one of the only colleges in the US who sell beer at games. How much extra money do you suppose that raises for the University?

That's an exaggeration, but I can't find verifiable numbers online.

The reason Syracuse is always in the Top 10 in revenue per college team is not based on $250 season tickets or the lowest paying of the Power 5 TV deals.

We make a lot of money from game day attendance. We are one of the only colleges in the US who sell beer at games. How much extra money do you suppose that raises for the University?
I’m sure it raises a lot, but let’s assume every single person order 2 beers and pretzel at the game (highly unlikely)

every 1,000 fans adds another ~40K in gross Rev

20 home games a year is ~800k/year in additional rev

you’d need at least a 5K/game change to have a serious impact on the bottom line from food (I believe the basketball brings in like 35M-40m in revenue) So that’d be a ~10% impact, I just think we are over stating the possible impact on attendance for basketball, people love basketball games

Attendance tonight was 15,600. That's tickets sold, not fannies in seats. So that's probably around our season ticket number, because I don't think there were more than 10,000 people there, and I doubt there were many walk-up sales this afternoon, especially when the game time was moved twice.

So let's say that's about 6,000 less than recent season averages. People spending $30-40 each is 2 beers and a slice of pizza, or a couple sodas and a couple snacks. There are hat, shirt, jersey sales, money made from private boxes and the 44 Club.

It adds up. The University does better when the seats are closer to full than empty. They count on that money to fund many other sports on campus.

Is there any logical reason why being a basketball coach requires a college degree? It seems so arbitrary and pointless.
Maybe it goes back to when coaches also taught classes? That still happens at small schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom