Out of the box next coach: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Out of the box next coach:

the SU administration would NEVER hire Pitino and the Melo idea is, well, insane. I just think we are doomed(potentially doomed) to have Red as next coach and hope for the best. the AD and Chancellor don't have the sack to go against JBs wishes, and I would be beyond shocked if he hasn't anointed Red as his successor

So we give the previous program favorite without coaching experience the job

Instead of the previous program favorite with coaching experience?

Pitino is far and away the best and most logical choice. No one else comes close.
Oats Musselman Underwood we’re better programs. Unless JB just destroyed our brand the last 2 years we can get one of these guys.

I hated the Pitino talk in the past since he’s such a villain and completely owned us and handed us some of our worst losses but we might have fallen far enough to consider it.

Oats Musselman Underwood we’re better programs. Unless JB just destroyed our brand the last 2 years we can get one of these guys.

I hated the Pitino talk in the past since he’s such a villain and completely owned us and handed us some of our worst losses but we might have fallen far enough to consider it.
The fact that Pitino "completely owned us and handed us some of our worst losses" is all the more reason to hire him.

As soon as he came in and won his first big game, I believe you would be one of his biggest fans. That's not a knock on you - but you would greatly respect the change.

As far as the villain part, I would give him the benefit of the doubt for learning from his "excesses".

Well it is a leadership position at a university. One could say that to not require one might seem to devalue the very product you are offering.
I just think we are way past worrying about the purity of college sports. If someone finished 2-3 years of college but has a quality, established track record of being a successful, drama-free coach, I personally would have no problem hiring them. I can overlook their lack of earth science and sociology credits if they can do the job of being a basketball coach.

Did he not finish it?

Not as far as I know. I didn’t even know he was working on it or even close
I thought I read he had finished. I really don't know how true the story below is, but it states he got his degree.

Even though Carmelo Anthony left Syracuse early to join the NBA, he eventually earned his degree. He made a promise to his mother that he would get a college degree and he stuck with that promise.

Looking forward to the Vermont Iona matchup tonight. I’d like to see how John Becker’s team does against a Rick Pitino coach team
I saw that mathup and was wondering if our lone UVM fan was going. Do you live up there as well?

EDIT: Now I see it is as Mohegan Sun. Iona is a 4 pt favorite.

I thought I read he had finished. I really don't know how true the story below is, but it states he got his degree.

Even though Carmelo Anthony left Syracuse early to join the NBA, he eventually earned his degree. He made a promise to his mother that he would get a college degree and he stuck with that promise.
I saw that and question it’s credibility since I can’t find it a single place anywhere else. I have a hard time believing Syracuse.com missed this story or the university and basketball program itself wouldn’t have promoted the heck out of it or even Melo himself would’ve said something.

I just think we are way past worrying about the purity of college sports. If someone finished 2-3 years of college but has a quality, established track record of being a successful, drama-free coach, I personally would have no problem hiring them. I can overlook their lack of earth science and sociology credits if they can do the job of being a basketball coach.
It’s not that it’s sports. They are, in essence, instructors.

The fact that Pitino "completely owned us and handed us some of our worst losses" is all the more reason to hire him.

As soon as he came in and won his first big game, I believe you would be one of his biggest fans. That's not a knock on you - but you would greatly respect the change.

As far as the villain part, I would give him the benefit of the doubt for learning from his "excesses".

Lol. Oats has a $9.8mm buyout, Musselman has a $14mm buyout and Underwood has a $9.5mm buyout. SU will not be paying any buyout fees.

John Stamos is doing a great job in Big Shots, I think he's ready. Appointment television at our house for our 8 year old
That show's very watchable, my kids are into it too.

At first I thought these comments were about Pitino until I saw the italicized part.

I saw that mathup and was wondering if our lone UVM fan was going. Do you live up there as well?

EDIT: Now I see it is as Mohegan Sun. Iona is a 4 pt favorite.
UVM is pretty small this year. They’re going to struggle some nights. Just came off a rough west coast trip with 3 losses.

If they can help us get back on track, I don't even need the 2-3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom